What is a DPS healer?

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: What is a DPS healer?

Post#11 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:58 pm

Yep that is 1:1 dps am shmy (DF)

Wo it is it the higher crit that make you dps or heal

At even you are healer

Like i said i think high magic crit while slotting the +1 extra mechanic on crit every 3s should make you inverse (so heal with high magic crit) the point with that tactic is exploiting multiple heals on short cast
Last edited by Bozzax on Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Scottx125

Post#12 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:12 pm

DPS healers are essentially 70%+ dps with some healing. But your casted heals will be worthless essentially. You get 1 DPS spec that is focused on ST, AoE or a mix of the two. True DPS have far more flexibility in what they can do as a DPS, ST, AoE, a dedicated tree that mixes the two or even a support tree like the engineer.

Ofc there are varying degrees of how strong DPS healers actually are.. Right now, AM/Sham are top DPS healers. Primarily because they can kite and do decent damage. I think Zealot/Runies got buffed recently, they have some super strong WB buffs like the RP's armour debuff which makes them pretty noice. DoK has an okay DPS spec whilst the WP's is meh.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

GONDOR

Post#13 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:47 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:25 pm it might be controversial for me to say but i really do think tanks and healers shouldn't even have DPS masteries.

We already have plenty of DPS classes and players in the game and they cant spec into healing or tanking, so its so lop sided.

A healer that doesnt heal and a tank that doesnt tank just isnt good man.

Either that or we need some DPS classes getting heal/tank specs which personally id like to see myself, such as tank specced warrior priest and maybe healing engineer.
I kinda just look at it as a way to spread players onto other classes - hybrid DPS won't do as much damage as a pure DPS, but it brings utility and flex to the party.

If we removed off specs, you'd never see as many healers or as tanks around. You don't always want to play as a pure healer or tank - sometimes you want to play the class but not that spec. If that spec doesn't exist then you may as well play something else. It's not unreasonable for people who want to play, say 2H tank, to have a SNB spec that they play as while gearing a 2H spec, and then play 2H when they can, swapping back and forth as or if needed.

Take that option away, and you'll have more DPS, and then that'll be the end of it; there will be fewer of those main roles available, and good luck building groups.

Dackjanielz

Post#14 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:22 am

GONDOR wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:47 am
Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:25 pm it might be controversial for me to say but i really do think tanks and healers shouldn't even have DPS masteries.

We already have plenty of DPS classes and players in the game and they cant spec into healing or tanking, so its so lop sided.

Either that or we need some DPS classes getting heal/tank specs which personally id like to see myself, such as tank specced warrior priest and maybe healing engineer.
I kinda just look at it as a way to spread players onto other classes - hybrid DPS won't do as much damage as a pure DPS, but it brings utility and flex to the party.

If we removed off specs, you'd never see as many healers or as tanks around. You don't always want to play as a pure healer or tank - sometimes you want to play the class but not that spec. If that spec doesn't exist then you may as well play something else. It's not unreasonable for people who want to play, say 2H tank, to have a SNB spec that they play as while gearing a 2H spec, and then play 2H when they can, swapping back and forth as or if needed.

Take that option away, and you'll have more DPS, and then that'll be the end of it; there will be fewer of those main roles available, and good luck building groups.

Yeah thats one way of looking at it, i still think some DPS classes should get some support builds tho, if anything just for general fun and diversity.

Some class builds in this game are just gimpy n weird n would benefit from such things.

Considering the constant lack and request for tanks n healers, be useful i would of thought to add a lil more of that mixture into the cake.

GONDOR

Post#15 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:36 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:22 am
GONDOR wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:47 am

Yeah thats one way of looking at it, i still think some DPS classes should get some support builds tho, if anything just for general fun and diversity.

Some class builds in this game are just gimpy n weird n would benefit from such things.

Considering the constant lack and request for tanks n healers, be useful i would of thought to add a lil more of that mixture into the cake.
I agree with you on the DPS side of things - it'd be interesting if they explored the different capability roles of DPS; like a ST, AOE, and Utility/Support spec could be really cool. I don't know if 2/2/2 would work for it though, maybe like a party cap of 7 or 8 - so you're forced to break from 1/1/1?

Fatpig

Post#16 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:31 am

i'm mainly a dps RP - can do a sh*t ton of damage, although you might call it fluff.
But an AOE 900+ armour debuff, Rune of battle with efficient runecarving will keep a tank up in the middle of the zerg for a short while. Off heals (whilst no where near a healers, its still heals), off ressing. Can't really use the AOE HD, wrong tree.
All in all, is it worth dropping another dps? Fun to play anyway

Toggle

Post#17 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:39 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:43 pm What is the ratio for the SC matchmaking to mark you as a DPS healer? Gear? RR points?
Pretty sure it uses the same system as Enemy does. So, you can just make a private WB and play around with different things to see what swaps you over from heal to DPS.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

mikifare

Post#18 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:00 pm

Thanks for information fethiye activities
Last edited by mikifare on Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
p00ky

Post#19 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 am

I guess all opions are valid though many of the healers who go DPS spec have it as their "seconday spec" when tired of constant healing randoms (who many times just run in 1vX and die) and want to have a bit of fun in the pug scs instead of having to level a whole new char. Whats also funny is that I see many healer in dps spec do more damage than standard class dps in the same SC :mrgreen: so not sure whos not good in that case :D

Dackjanielz

Post#20 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:32 am

p00ky wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 am

I guess all opions are valid though many of the healers who go DPS spec have it as their "seconday spec" when tired of constant healing randoms (who many times just run in 1vX and die) and want to have a bit of fun in the pug scs instead of having to level a whole new char. Whats also funny is that I see many healer in dps spec do more damage than standard class dps in the same SC :mrgreen: so not sure whos not good in that case :D

Oh don't get me wrong i think dps healing is alot of fun tbh - i love dps on runepriest, trouble is i always feel like such a D bag for making the choice tho.

Everyone hates you for doing it and when you get someone jumping up n down infront of you and you cant heal them to save them properly etc, its rough.

If we could get some other DPS classes with support specs it might help balance it all out a bit perhaps?