Recent Topics

Ads

Hello There

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grummulus

Hello There

Post#1 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:07 pm

Brand Spanking new to Warhammer. Never played this before, but got introduced in a DND campaign. Now I own a few books and the total war series. Stumbled on this and was like awesome. No clue what to do yet but I'll get there! Looking forward to playing with yall. and if you got any tips to share to a newb to the universe I'd be appreciative

Ads
Fey

Re: Hello There

Post#2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:48 am

Whatever role you pick you want to identify the ability that is your, "workhorse."

If you're a healer, it is your heal over time. You'll cast HoT so often that you'll eventually come to hate it. If you're healing someone who doesn't have a HoT, that person is going to die.

If you're a tank, it's guard. You'll swap guard so often that you'll wonder if that's your only ability. If you're not guarding someone, they're going to die.

If you end up on dps it's a bit more complicated, but you build rotations around a single burst ability. BW rotation centers on Boiling Blood, WL rotation builds around cull the Week, etc. You build around the ability that gets you death blows because crit+burst is what this game rewards.

Dps has much more variance, but it boils down to: build around the one ability you have that will secure deaths, because heals are very potent in this game. Good luck, and well met.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Kragg

Post#3 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:18 am

Wellcome aboard!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Rotgut

Post#4 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:31 am

Best tip for me is to remember this is an old school MMO where the social aspect counts for a lot. Its a team game. Its balanced around teams, a lot of fundamental spells and mechanics requires teams, and a lot of content will be "locked" to you if you don't find yourself a guild. You'll also find that Guild Discords are a much better source for info then the forums. Imo this is essential.

Another optional thing, but that improved my enjoyment of the game a lot so i recommend it, is getting a proper addon package and tweaking some settings so your frames don't go down in big fights. A lot of decision making revolves around reacting to buffs and debuffs that the Vanilla UI (and a lot of the addon packages u'll find on the forums) simply doesn't show, and thats kinda lame, but fixable.

Grummulus

Post#5 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:58 pm

Thanks guys appreciate the info. EverQuest was my first MMO I think that's why I was drawn for the group content.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#6 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:56 pm

Welcome to the game
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!