Recent Topics

Ads

The best CC kits in a tank, why?

Let's talk about... everything else
Apocaliptico

The best CC kits in a tank, why?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:52 pm

I would like to understand why BG has the best CCs among all tanks.

A long time ago Cave-In gave KD of up to 5 seconds, and for a reason never revealed (as far as I remember) this benefit was passed on to BG, if it wasn't enough that he already had the most absurd KB in the game.

And if you compare all the CCs between classes you will probably see that one side will have the best ones while the other will at most have similar ones but nothing better.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: The best CC kits in a tank, why?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:10 pm

Apocaliptico wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:52 pm I would like to understand why BG has the best CCs among all tanks.

A long time ago Cave-In gave KD of up to 5 seconds, and for a reason never revealed (as far as I remember) this benefit was passed on to BG, if it wasn't enough that he already had the most absurd KB in the game.

And if you compare all the CCs between classes you will probably see that one side will have the best ones while the other will at most have similar ones but nothing better.
I guess this is your point of view.

All Blackguard's CC have conditionals to have a good impact (being 2H for Malignant Strike!, being S/B + having a good amount of hate + block for Spiteful Slam and having a good amount of hate for Exile).

For me, Chosen/Knight have better CC because no conditional (no need to be 2H or class mechanics) and have an AoE stagger (40ft + 5sc duration) that can be deadly if you use it well.

Apocaliptico

Post#3 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:45 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:10 pm
Apocaliptico wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:52 pm I would like to understand why BG has the best CCs among all tanks.

I guess this is your point of view.

All Blackguard's CC have conditionals to have a good impact (being 2H for Malignant Strike!, being S/B + having a good amount of hate + block for Spiteful Slam and having a good amount of hate for Exile).

For me, Chosen/Knight have better CC because no conditional (no need to be 2H or class mechanics) and have an AoE stagger (40ft + 5sc duration) that can be deadly if you use it well.
That's not the point, all conditionals are easily accessible... the point is why not distribute these CCs better among other classes... even on the order side, no one has a CC base like the BG and whoever There was something similar and it was removed... I'm not convinced to justify this lack of balance with conditionals, I'm sorry.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:13 pm

Apocaliptico wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:45 pm That's not the point, all conditionals are easily accessible...
90 hate is not easily accessible. if you want to build to it in small scale then that's what you're doing for the next 5 to 10 seconds

akisnaakkeli

Post#5 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:28 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:13 pm
Apocaliptico wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:45 pm That's not the point, all conditionals are easily accessible...
90 hate is not easily accessible. if you want to build to it in small scale then that's what you're doing for the next 5 to 10 seconds
90 hate and soft capped toughness in every build is quite fast and with BG its very easy to keep over 90 once its there. IB needs tactic to even gain grudge on hit + needs 100 instead of 90 for full effect. BG gets super punt that has built in 50% Cooldown reduction when using 2h when all other tanks need to slot tactic to have any kind of punt worth anything. Bg gets too much goodies obviously

Uchoo

Post#6 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:09 pm

I don't recall Cave-in ever being a 5s kd, it is a 5s DoT, though.

What 'cc base' are you referring to? Their only base CC is the 5s KD requiring a shield, M2 AoE kick, single target kick, and the single-target slow. Even fully built, I don't think the BG is considered to have a lot of CC, though it does have "strong" CC.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ysaran

Post#7 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:52 pm

Uchoo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:09 pm I don't recall Cave-in ever being a 5s kd, it is a 5s DoT, though.

What 'cc base' are you referring to? Their only base CC is the 5s KD requiring a shield, M2 AoE kick, single target kick, and the single-target slow. Even fully built, I don't think the BG is considered to have a lot of CC, though it does have "strong" CC.
On Live Cave In was a 5s KD
Zputadenti

Apocaliptico

Post#8 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:18 pm

Not easy bro? Aall attacks received and delivered increase hatred, you have to be kidding me.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:31 pm

Apocaliptico wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:18 pm
Not easy bro? Aall attacks received and delivered increase hatred, you have to be kidding me.
no i don't. having to wait 1 - 2 GCDs to go from middling to 90 hate can mean a missed punt. if you think you're running around at 100 hate for free all of the time you have never played bg

Apocaliptico

Post#10 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:48 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:31 pm
Apocaliptico wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:18 pm

no i don't. having to wait 1 - 2 GCDs to go from middling to 90 hate can mean a missed punt. if you think you're running around at 100 hate for free all of the time you have never played bg
Oh man... ok to you stay safe...