Faction69

Re: Any updates on solo ranked

Post#11 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:15 am

It would be nice to at least be able to buy the ring with arena currency

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:54 am

Uchoo wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:53 am Quite a few people play Ranked because they enjoy it, a lot of the people on the leaderboards don't need the ring or insignias. It's a fun and very challenging game mode.
If people play ranked cause they enjoy it and not for rewards, why currently non plays it?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

what63

Post#13 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:59 pm

Stimpz wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:26 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:41 am Nobody plays ranked because they enjoy it.

They will only play it if BiS is locked behind it.

So why would devs rework a game mode no one likes doing? I can’t conceive how they would make it not a toxic tryhard mode.

Class balance is also at an all time low right now, making Order players even less likely to play ranked.
Slayer did the most damage at the last ranked event. Please stop derailing every second post with your "order is on it's all time low" propaganda.

For Hordak, keep your eyes open for ranked events. Every now and then, they host one. It's not the same as a full ranked season, but at least a bit of the fun you seek. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=52715 This is a link from the last event not long ago.
Anything dealing the most damage anywhere through AoE is and always has been a moot point due to how good group healing is in the game. For years and years engi/magus have had the potential to deal the most amount of damage if the timeframe exceeds X seconds, never meant the damage dealt per target was significant enough for that to mean anything.

Yes, ID is potent, and there are cases in 6v6 where AoE pressure means a lot, but using this point as any indicator when gauging the state of SL is awful when the damage is in large part from an ability that gets contribution from four targets. I will say SL left tree M4 is **** nuts with ID and should have been nuked years ago, but on general principle, damage numbers mean nothing still.

Thorlof

Post#14 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:40 am

It is true that rewards like unpublished trophy, gear appearances, talismans of +40, titles... & many other things would cool for this game mode.

Uchoo

Post#15 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:15 am

Zxul wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:54 am
Uchoo wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:53 am Quite a few people play Ranked because they enjoy it, a lot of the people on the leaderboards don't need the ring or insignias. It's a fun and very challenging game mode.
If people play ranked cause they enjoy it and not for rewards, why currently non plays it?
We do, typically Sundays, sometimes more frequently.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

CountTalabecland

Post#16 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:11 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:41 am Nobody plays ranked because they enjoy it.

So why would devs rework a game mode no one likes doing? I can’t conceive how they would make it not a toxic tryhard mode.

Class balance is also at an all time low right now, making Order players even less likely to play ranked.
Slayer did the most damage at the last ranked event. Please stop derailing every second post with your "order is on it's all time low" propaganda.

For Hordak, keep your eyes open for ranked events. Every now and then, they host one. It's not the same as a full ranked season, but at least a bit of the fun you seek. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=52715 This is a link from the last event not long ago.
Here is another reason why I don't like ranked. Ppl use it as a measure when it is a unique scenario unrelated to the rest of the gameplay.

Yeah if Slayer is given guard, comms, heals and 15 mins to hit another guarded, healed DPS or healer without dying, it will do a lot big numbers. Very impressive.

But does that translate to kills, wins, DBs, who knows? You have no correlation to show.

Just using the data to cherrypick for your narrative. Why would the above scenario be used to balance Slayer for Warband play or ORvR smallscale?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

lemao

Post#17 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:18 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:11 pm

Here is another reason why I don't like ranked. Ppl use it as a measure when it is a unique scenario unrelated to the rest of the gameplay.

Yeah if Slayer is given guard, comms, heals and 15 mins to hit another guarded, healed DPS or healer without dying, it will do a lot big numbers. Very impressive.

But does that translate to kills, wins, DBs, who knows? You have no correlation to show.

Just using the data to cherrypick for your narrative. Why would the above scenario be used to balance Slayer for Warband play or ORvR smallscale?
So how did the group who had a slayer win the recent tournament ? And btw he had the most kill contribution from most kills aswell which is the more important stat to look after. Explain please

Stimpz

Post#18 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:13 pm

Spoiler:

This is exactly the point. OP asked for ranked and not for a balance discussion.
I recommend you make your own post where you can talk and discuss the state of order from your point of view to your heart's content.
I don't even think that you are all wrong with every one of your complaints, but it doesn't make much sense to undermine posts from others for it.
So, please make your own post and let other people judge if you are right or wrong or something in between.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#19 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:02 am

lemao wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:18 pm

So how did the group who had a slayer win the recent tournament ? And btw he had the most kill contribution from most kills aswell which is the more important stat to look after. Explain please
You would have to compare all of the data in that scenario. Relative gear between the two teams, renown ranks, builds, what classes were assisting, what classes were on the enemy team, what margin the Slayer team won by, can it be replicated, etc. But remember the original statement I referenced was "most damage = well balanced class. "

The point is that saying that the "DPS class that was on winning ranked 6v6 team = strong class" is a flawed premise and does not mean the class is strong or well balanced overall in all game modes," it is not a good gauge for balancing.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Uchoo

Post#20 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:32 am

You would be surprised at how relevant of a metric 6v6 is for overall Balance. It doesn't always apply to the entire game but the parity can be shocking.

After all, a warband is just 4 6 man's working together and the best 6v6 teams work to create some of the most powerful combat applications possible, a lot of the strategies used there can be used elsewhere in the game.

People were shocked 2 Single target groups / 2 AoE groups became the mainstay when Marc & I started doing it a few years ago in city; The impact of a 6 man working together is very powerful, even in large-scale combat.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8