Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Season 7 is Starting!

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
vladerethro

Re: Ranked Season 7 is Starting!

Post#21 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:56 pm

Great.
Is it allowed to group queue versus same guild 6men party ?

Ads
Faction69

Post#22 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:53 pm

Akalukz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 pm
SpacestarKid wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am
Akalukz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 am So what is the benefit of doing this if you are not a top tier player? Like honestly what does it reward for a normal Solo Ranked Scenario, or a 6 6 mn group queueing that is not top tier, is there any rewards for not winning but actually trying?
As I recall you can't face top ranked players if your rating is low. The system we miss in regular scenarios.
Right, but what is the reward? Seems like there is a point where you actually get no reward outside of normal renown. If you don't get insignia's even in a loss then what motivation is there to queue for it? Serious question, not trolling. I think I could probably find 6 people to give a serious go at 6v6, but not sure what the carrot is, as we could just farm weekend scenarios for renown.

I would hope that a 6 man group would prefer to fight other organized 6 man groups rather than stomp pugs in normal scenarios.

arnagob

Post#23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:03 pm

Login
Arnie Fatarnie Kassdku
Arnagob Brizkran Cocorico

Akalukz

Post#24 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 pm

Faction69 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:53 pm
Akalukz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 pm
SpacestarKid wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am
As I recall you can't face top ranked players if your rating is low. The system we miss in regular scenarios.
Right, but what is the reward? Seems like there is a point where you actually get no reward outside of normal renown. If you don't get insignia's even in a loss then what motivation is there to queue for it? Serious question, not trolling. I think I could probably find 6 people to give a serious go at 6v6, but not sure what the carrot is, as we could just farm weekend scenarios for renown.

I would hope that a 6 man group would prefer to fight other organized 6 man groups rather than stomp pugs in normal scenarios.
The failure of ranked 6v6 has shown that to not be true tho. That's why I was asking about the rewards etc. I think weekly should be looked at and reduced to 5/5/2 instead of the 10/10/2 Trying to organize 10 6v6 and winning them all could be tough for most. Not exactly sure how the 6v6 queue works, if it is a "queue" or a challenge type system. Guess i will find out this weekend.
-= Agony =-

Absinth

Post#25 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:27 pm

Schett wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 pm How come you’re releasing a new season before balance changes? Would be strange with balance changes mid season. Or is the balance changes so far away that season will end before?
If the live event notice on discord is anything to go by 3rd is the day we will get patch notes or atleast live event.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Shima

Post#26 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 pm

Schett wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 pm How come you’re releasing a new season before balance changes? Would be strange with balance changes mid season. Or is the balance changes so far away that season will end before?
I wouldn't have expectations about this "balance" patch. First because it's impossible. Second, the dev team doesn't have enough people to make what this game really needs, that is rotational patches, reviewing the balance and sinergy between the classes from time to time (i mean, like every 2 or 3 months and not years), giving the chance for the players to explore all classes.

nat3s

Post#27 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 pm

10 wins for weekly reward? What was it before? Assuming 50% winrate, 20 games in a week. Unsure if activity is expected to improve over previous seasons, but having 20 ranked queues pop in a week feels hugely unlikely. I play semi hardcore, 3 hours an evening after work and a bit more on the weekend, I can't see how getting 20 games in will really work unless you are a student / not working which is likely a very small proportion of the playerbase.

Hope I'm wrong, would love ranked to pick up, but doesn't feel popular enough and rewards too far out of reach which probably works against people bothering to queue unless I'm missing something.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

ismetto

Post#28 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:26 pm

The participation rate in Normal SCs has dropped, perhaps it's just a seasonal transition. People are starting to go out more. I don't think Ranked Matches will be very lively. Matches will still occur between 12/24/32 players.
You also need to find new solutions for solo players in Normal SCs.

1 Premade + 6 solo players vs 1 Premade + 6 solo players can manage the situation, but the balance becomes a problem. Either there's no tank or no healer. Automatically, the other side already has the upper hand.
If a Premade queues for SC, and there's no Premade on the opposing side, Premades shouldn't pop up... Otherwise, players will get fed up and eventually quit the game...
This weekend, I joined nearly 25 SCs during the Event. And in all of them, there was a Premade on the other side. Twice I took a 30-minute break from the game and when I returned, they were still there, it's greed...
You join an SC, no Tank, no Healer. Go die or Quitter Debuff!... :s or the last option, quit the game :)
I'm still insistent about addons, just like I was with Nerfedbutton, despite my warnings, you didn't remove it and then it was removed, my opinion hasn't changed.
"You need to remove the "Sequencer and WarTriage" addons...
For those who don't know;

Sequencer addon; An addon that allows you to play the game with one button using combinations of abilities you create.

WarTriage addon; After installing the addon, you place the addon button on your ability bar from Macros, and once placed, every time you press this button, group players needing healing are automatically selected. There's both a group setting and a Warband setting, you specify a percentage from the addon settings. Let's say 75% HP, whoever reaches 75% HP, every time you press this button, that player automatically receives healing. Especially when kiting, with your back turned, running, without bothering with any Mouse actions, the player will receive healing.
So why am I against it?
Only veteran players know about these kinds of tricks, and it's unfair to new players or those who don't want to use these addons.
Or maybe I'm wrong, but believe me, when these addons are gone, there will be changes in many people's playstyles. Groups that used to be hard to beat or weren't beaten will suddenly start losing.. The decision is yours..
Live Server Karak Azgal / Norn - Ismetto
RR8X Punisher (Da Magnog Killa)
Youtube

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Post#29 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:40 pm

ismetto wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:26 pm The participation rate in Normal SCs has dropped, perhaps it's just a seasonal transition. People are starting to go out more. I don't think Ranked Matches will be very lively. Matches will still occur between 12/24/32 players.
You also need to find new solutions for solo players in Normal SCs.

1 Premade + 6 solo players vs 1 Premade + 6 solo players can manage the situation, but the balance becomes a problem. Either there's no tank or no healer. Automatically, the other side already has the upper hand.
If a Premade queues for SC, and there's no Premade on the opposing side, Premades shouldn't pop up... Otherwise, players will get fed up and eventually quit the game...
This weekend, I joined nearly 25 SCs during the Event. And in all of them, there was a Premade on the other side. Twice I took a 30-minute break from the game and when I returned, they were still there, it's greed...
You join an SC, no Tank, no Healer. Go die or Quitter Debuff!... :s or the last option, quit the game :)
I'm still insistent about addons, just like I was with Nerfedbutton, despite my warnings, you didn't remove it and then it was removed, my opinion hasn't changed.
"You need to remove the "Sequencer and WarTriage" addons...
For those who don't know;

Sequencer addon; An addon that allows you to play the game with one button using combinations of abilities you create.

WarTriage addon; After installing the addon, you place the addon button on your ability bar from Macros, and once placed, every time you press this button, group players needing healing are automatically selected. There's both a group setting and a Warband setting, you specify a percentage from the addon settings. Let's say 75% HP, whoever reaches 75% HP, every time you press this button, that player automatically receives healing. Especially when kiting, with your back turned, running, without bothering with any Mouse actions, the player will receive healing.
So why am I against it?
Only veteran players know about these kinds of tricks, and it's unfair to new players or those who don't want to use these addons.
Or maybe I'm wrong, but believe me, when these addons are gone, there will be changes in many people's playstyles. Groups that used to be hard to beat or weren't beaten will suddenly start losing.. The decision is yours..
I never tried nerfed buttons or sequencer or wartriage but i always, even in aor had problem when addon made it possible for someone to always hit me to the back with skill that was preplanned because it just removes actions from you and automates so much that you really dont have to know how to play the game anymore. Agreed with everything you said +1000

Absinth

Post#30 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:52 am

nat3s wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 pm 10 wins for weekly reward? What was it before? Assuming 50% winrate, 20 games in a week. Unsure if activity is expected to improve over previous seasons, but having 20 ranked queues pop in a week feels hugely unlikely. I play semi hardcore, 3 hours an evening after work and a bit more on the weekend, I can't see how getting 20 games in will really work unless you are a student / not working which is likely a very small proportion of the playerbase.

Hope I'm wrong, would love ranked to pick up, but doesn't feel popular enough and rewards too far out of reach which probably works against people bothering to queue unless I'm missing something.
Ill just post the screenshot from the day it started when i played from 18:30 till 23:50.
When they did a short ranked season last year I only got maybe 5-8 games until it died.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert