Recent Topics

Ads

Medallion / Devastator Wipe

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
magter3001

Re: Medallion / Devastator Wipe

Post#171 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:33 am

Azarael wrote:Some of the developers are of the mindset that there needs to be a sense of grind / progression to keep people interested, as this is an MMO. I don't hold a strong viewpoint either way on this issue, so you'd be best reaching out to them. There was another topic on this recently, was there not?
That's a shame that they think that way... what they don't realize though is people get burned out quickly on grind.

Look at it this way, when we got level 24 out... people had to level up all their characters as fast as possible and then gear them up to be competitive. Then 3 days later level 26 comes out and we had to again grind for gear and levels on our characters. Then we had to grind for scenario weapons... then scavenging/talisman making/salvaging. I'm pretty burned out already with all this grind in this project.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Ads
dcNarna

Post#172 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:16 am

wargrimnir wrote:What you play for is a bit misleading. This is an alpha state server attempting to do better than our predecessors. Your time and effort is appreciated, but understand that it is in the context of testing and finding bugs so we can further iterate on what works and what does not. This did not, as evidenced by the results. Fun, and value-added enjoyment are wonderful side effects for those who loved the game before it went offline.
I definitely understand that it is in alpha, and is clear in this case that it didn't promote the idea of having fun, but its undeniable that people are playing the game for fun, even if it is in alpha, take Minecraft for example, game was in alpha for a long time, but I still had fun playing survival when it was pre-alpha.
wargrimnir wrote: The wipes that have already occurred are only unprecedented if viewed from the whole history of WAR, and is a strong turn from Mythic/EA handling of the game to what RoR is willing to do. If the general population decides to abuse an exploit to the point the health of the server is threatened, strong actions should be expected. Players are in control of their destiny, report your bugs and have some honor about unintended consequences. Continuing to farm keeps for the next 12 to 16 hours is hardly acceptable.
Acceptable and expected should be addressed. If content was put out in this manner, in my point of view people would get excited and try do their best and/or hardest to get full devastator, and farming for 12-16 hours is entirely feasible just looking at the history of MMOs as a whole.
wargrimnir wrote: Set gear has not been added to player loot tables. It doesn't mean that will never happen. Default direction for the game as far as itemization has been to revert to what was the live state pre-1.4. There are some exceptions that have been made to this, and more will follow. Medallions do currently drop from players, although the rate might be lower than is reasonable considering the Tier structure currently. T2 is mostly finished at this point but players are halfway through T3 level-wise. It's a work in progress, some things move faster than others and releasing content in bits seems to be pleasant to the majority of the population. The alternative being tons of code (re: inevitable bugs) dumped onto the live server as a major patch every couple of months.
Although I'm with everyone in that I'm very excited to see T3 and beyond, and set gear sounds great, but I feel like the fundamental problem will still be there, how to get the gear, how to prevent faction zerging. Again, very difficult issues to address, definitely don't envy the position you guys are in!
wargrimnir wrote: Devs are responding to player feedback, discussions are had largely centered around player feedback, implementations are based on player feedback. Make a good argument for how and why the server should change, and I assure you we're certainly watching and weighing all of the options.
Definitely didn't say that Devs don't respond to feedback, that was not my point at all, if anything this communication is great and a clear demonstration that devs ARE responding. I guess what I was trying to say is that, yes the player base has to take more responsibility in the health of the game, but devaluing player time etc., is counter intuitive to the problem.
Last edited by dcNarna on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
was destro main, now i play order cause it's easier

Luth

Post#173 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:32 am

Grolar wrote:Its pretty clear that yesterday's imbalance was do to the x-realmers trying to get their destro characters geared up first. The balance has miraculously returned today, and would have returned without the wipe, but since some order players complained so heavily, all players must suffer for their satisfaction.

I know this team is doing the best it can. A simple solution is to stop allowing players to switch factions whenever it suits them.

Side note: Please stop catering to Order players. Its very unfair.
I'm all with you brah.
That biasarael rek'd all the legit progress towards getting the new endgame armors in 48h, just cause he biased so much...not fair.
Grolar wrote: A simple solution is to stop allowing players to switch factions whenever it suits them.
Yes, very simple. And how to stop people from creating second/third/fourth/etc. accounts?

Mez

Post#174 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:54 am

Azarael wrote:Some of the developers are of the mindset that there needs to be a sense of grind / progression to keep people interested, as this is an MMO. I don't hold a strong viewpoint either way on this issue, so you'd be best reaching out to them. There was another topic on this recently, was there not?
Well, exactly. But you can't have a sense of progression for 1 realm. There is no incentive to defend losing zone after zone in this 1-zone system. I like Grulo's idea for making Deva cost cash, because then defenders can at least earn RP through various activities. I still think offering other zones to run to is the solution for keeping people in the game. On live a dozen servers who were outnumbered died due to population imbalance because bomb groups and pre-mades would hunt underdogs down, no matter what zone they ran to. (mythic's issue for only having 2 realms, and small zones.) In this game, NOW, they don't even have that.

I'm not sure why player backlash for this wipe is a surprise. Order has been showing the 1-zone system as failure since it came out. The entire server plays on one side. It just happened to be destro the night medallions came out, and they feel like it was only then, the devs recognized the imbalance issue the 1-zone system was causing. As if, the game was fine until that night. It hasn't been. That is where backlash is coming from from the dedicated destro guys.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Yyrd

Post#175 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:07 am

ive always felt but stayed silent on the concept the dev liked destro, as the SW nerf and BO/SM changes solely helps destro. So these complaints might just be normal illusion of the grass being greener.

Linae

Post#176 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:02 am

As for all the destro crying about losing their gear and medallions.. and all that lost time.. what about us order who WERE logged on that entire time who got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for their time . I know I was on till 1:30AM my time before I finally went to bed. At least EVEN WITH THE WIPE, destro still got all their XP, renown etc.

And for those who sit there and claim that order has had the numbers for past 3 weeks, the link previously posted ( http://fplteam.co.uk/RoR/popcharts.php ) proves that the numbers have been pretty much even, at least for the past 5 days.. swaying between 45%-55% order /destruction depending on the time of day. I do know ( since I work night shift), that since I play sometimes at night, and sometimes during the day, the population changes according to that.

I have to say I do like the idea of the set pieces costing gold.. with required level and renown level.

Good move developers!!
~Tatyana~ 32/40 BW, ~Linae~ 32/40 AM

Druin
Former Staff

Post#177 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:10 am

dcNarna wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:What you play for is a bit misleading. This is an alpha state server attempting to do better than our predecessors. Your time and effort is appreciated, but understand that it is in the context of testing and finding bugs so we can further iterate on what works and what does not. This did not, as evidenced by the results. Fun, and value-added enjoyment are wonderful side effects for those who loved the game before it went offline.
I definitely understand that it is in alpha, and is clear in this case that it didn't promote the idea of having fun, but its undeniable that people are playing the game for fun, even if it is in alpha, take Minecraft for example, game was in alpha for a long time, but I still had fun playing survival when it was pre-alpha.
Yes and people should be happy that they are able to play this alpha-state game for fun.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#178 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:41 pm

skutrug wrote:although the git did not have the courage to warn us of the incoming wipe.
I did not know a wipe will happen.
I thought it might from a player standpoint of view, because I felt you should not PvE to get best-in-slot PvP rewards, but at the time there was nothing like this mentioned.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Ads
woot

Post#179 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Linae wrote:As for all the destro crying about losing their gear and medallions.. and all that lost time.. what about us order who WERE logged on that entire time who got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for their time . I know I was on till 1:30AM my time before I finally went to bed. At least EVEN WITH THE WIPE, destro still got all their XP, renown etc.

And for those who sit there and claim that order has had the numbers for past 3 weeks, the link previously posted ( http://fplteam.co.uk/RoR/popcharts.php ) proves that the numbers have been pretty much even, at least for the past 5 days.. swaying between 45%-55% order /destruction depending on the time of day. I do know ( since I work night shift), that since I play sometimes at night, and sometimes during the day, the population changes according to that.

I have to say I do like the idea of the set pieces costing gold.. with required level and renown level.

Good move developers!!
Those numbers don't account for leet pre-mades that won't leave the mailbox.
:twisted:

Noiree

Post#180 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Are people still raging over this?
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman