Best duo?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vdova

Re: Best duo?

Post#71 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:20 pm

wos wrote:
neviirien wrote:
Vdova wrote:
AM+SW means verry variable kitting CCs. If mara gets pull, than A) catch SW - SW self punt+snare mara and BG
B) catch AM, AM will AOE knockback. Both will result AMs AOE snare on the ground and perma snare for BG from SW singletarget snare.

You cant kill what you cant catch. Ranged Duo is always better than melee duo.
Except the BG can catch the AM no problem. And then proceed to absolutely murder it. 100% disrupt on a BG is an extremely easy feat. Along with infinite AP and +30% movement speed. I've done this. And let's face it, a SW isn't going to kill a good BG either. Dots? Whatever. My M1 clears it away, heals me, and gives me AP. I catch you when you mess up kiting, and you die. My main, and essentially only thing I ever played, was a BG. Badlands server.
this +1
But we are stucked in T2 right? Are we talking about some mysterious future T4 or are we talking about current state of the game? BG has NO 100% disrubt, BG has no ranged AOE snare or root. Also mara has no Pull. AM has his AOE knockback, AOE snare, SW has his snare+self punt, he also has his ranged knockdown and ranged snare

In current state of the game AM+SW are best duo end of discussion .-)
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Ads
Abolition

Post#72 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Abolition wrote: All that aside: WP/IB combo is insane.
No, it just tells a lot about the average pug on their server, when a WB can't kill them in seconds. ;)
The "average pug" is terrible, regardless of the server.

That said, the "average pug" on Destro side Dark Crag was something really special.

Not sure if you're saying a WP/IB is a bad combo, because it's pretty much unkillable. Of course you're not going to kill a lot yourselves, but it's trolly as hell.
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Coryphaus

Post#73 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Vdova wrote:
But we are stucked in T2 right? Are we talking about some mysterious future T4 or are we talking about current state of the game? BG has NO 100% disrubt, BG has no ranged AOE snare or root. Also mara has no Pull. AM has his AOE knockback, AOE snare, SW has his snare+self punt, he also has his ranged knockdown and ranged snare

Read ops post, read every statement in the thread, no one here was discussing t2; were all talking late game and stuff , furthermore you did not state that when others mentioned mara pull and stuff you didnt talk about t2

bichka

Post#74 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:36 pm

AM/AM or SW/AM till T4 :)

marleyap

Post#75 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Hmm, had some rather intresting bouts as Sorc+Shammy back on live, healing spec. Full kite approach. Roots, snares, disarms, knockbacks, ap drain, silence, Inc healdebuff and other stuff. No doubt there are other nice variations of this for both sides tho :) Anyone remember Aspo and Uggar (wp/kobs), increable duo, never knew their spec tho. Dunno if current meta would allow such play!?
Wobble - Shaman
Losk - Mara
Gutzoid - BO
Zention - Magus

Satarial

Post#76 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:27 am

Coryphaus wrote:
Vdova wrote:

Read ops post, read every statement in the thread, no one here was discussing t2; were all talking late game and stuff , furthermore you did not state that when others mentioned mara pull and stuff you didnt talk about t2
An incredibly skilled BG with years of experience has refuted my claim, quick, let's change the argument to be one of context, not content!
Shadowhealx - Zealot
Shadowhealxxx - Rune Priest

OOP Heals Extraordinaire | Badlands OG - RR100 Zealot/Runepriest

Sulorie

Post#77 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:05 am

What BG has a free tactic slot for the speed on disrupt tactic, if it's no duel spec?
Dying is no option.

neviirien

Post#78 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:10 am

Sulorie wrote:What BG has a free tactic slot for the speed on disrupt tactic, if it's no duel spec?
Free tactic slot? What BG wouldn't be using it? With the prevalence of the "Ranged > Melee" mindset, and the amount of casters being played (seriously. there's always an astronomical amount of so called DPS Archmages, and the ever popular Bright Wizard) so why would you EVER roam around in ORvR without Endless Pursuit at the ready?

Edit: I think most of you people need to reevaluate what you think you know about the BG class.
Neviirien. Blackguard. Badlands Server. Originally from Magnus.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#79 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 am

Nobody right minded would hit the BG with magical attacks unless it's the last player alive. There is nothing to disrupt. It's a highly situational tactic, unless you face aoe specced BW but in a grp vs grp fight nobody plays bomb anyway.
Dying is no option.

wos

Post#80 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 am

also what was the other tactic that reduce the incoming magic damage on a BG to about 70%