Recent Topics

Ads

[DEV DIARY] - OCTOBER 2015

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Athane

Re: [DEV DIARY] - OCTOBER 2015

Post#11 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:58 pm

All your hard work is so appreciated! Thanks for all you do to make WAR available again! I actually appreciate the T3 delay as it allows me to level some alts....ah the silver lining.
Beta->Open Beta->Monolith->Volkmar->Badlands

Ads
zarg64

Post#12 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:12 am

You make all of the very good work and you give us a great deal of pleasure I thank you one thousand for it times!!

nice work and game for everyone!
Zargas - Sham-L32-RR40
Zarrgas - DK-L32-RR40
Zargass - lMara-L24-RR24

navis

Post#13 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:08 am

That is fabulous. Congratz on the game having so many people to play the numbers are showing very high daily...
Also, I speak for at least a minority in that I am in no hurry to see T3 and am happily earning my kills with what we have already. Litereally I am fine with T3 in like 6 mo's.

Razid1987

Post#14 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:56 am

Amazing read. No, thank you, devs! <3

Just think about it, without you and your project, there would be no WAR! D:

hotboss

Post#15 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:16 am

Hi (again),
I'm dyox the creator of warhammer emulator. (APS : https://www.assembla.com/spaces/allprivateserver/wiki )
I've worked since 2 years on my professional project and now i'm available if you need help to optimize the server and reduce lags.
I've not made this emulator for this amount of players, it was designed to create/test all systems as fast as possible.
If you are interested you can contact me. (I already have MaxHeyman on skype but he never respond)
Dyox.

skutrug

Post#16 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:52 am

Yaliskah wrote: OTHER

Some bad news, and this is a daily concern for the staff, RoR has become a victim of its successes. We have seen some concerning behavior in our network infrastructure, which does not help the stability expected in-game. Our provider has done its best to handle some of the excess traffic we've been attracting, but their options are limited. For now, we seem to be dealing with these issues as best we can, and hopefully in the future they will subside as we develop a better experience for all of us.
Are we talking about network intrusions/DoS attacks here???
“You go to WAR with the Pugs you have, not the Premades you might want or wish you had”

Lindisfarne

Post#17 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:29 am

Never expected this emu server to progress this fast. 95% of the players appreciate everything, please ignore the 5% who cry about everything. The community on this server is pretty great.
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Glorian

Post#18 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:48 am

Thanks for all your good work. I'm awaiting T3 eagerly, but the lag has to go away at the keeps, or half of the fun of RvR is spoiled.

Ads
Erdmar

Post#19 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:06 am

Right now I am totally out of time but I hope I would be able to offer my help soon if it will be needed. I am lead software engineer (any language + SQL) and unfortunately I recognize your problem with performance as our architecture is quite similar even tho we are doing something completely different. I know how shitty it can be especially when you used word "recode" (as for programmer it is the worst word ever) so I am very happy and full of respect that you actually have a will to do something about it. I played war since 2008 with breaks of course for many reasons but before and after there was/is no game like this so I am happy when actually I can just log in :)

For complaining people if anyone consider himself to have rights to do so. I would like to point out that my customers are actually paying me but I am not writing such a nice letters to them :P

Peace.

CarlistRieekan

Post#20 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 am

Yaliskah wrote: THE T3
Do not rush the things up. Christmas are a pretty good date for any release (you know - new Star Wars, new Quentin Tarantino movie...)