Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa / Slayer Discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
Ungrin

Choppa / Slayer Discussion

Post#1 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:48 pm

I'd like to take the opportunity to start a discussion on how we can bring the Choppa in line with the Slayer.

A few of my suggestions come from the Choppa's "Chop Fasta" and "Tired Already?"

I'd like to see lower CD's on Chop Fasta, preferably to 45s - 1 min and maybe Tired Already's debuff going the full duration to 20s or even 15s with a furious attack taking the debuff to 20s to encourage dropping rage in the yellow.

Maybe change the Choppa's outgoing heal debuff in the middle tree to an armor debuff?

Just a suggestion. All suggestions are open.
"Look at all my RR100s!" brigade

RR100 of everything ~Badlands

Ads
Coryphaus

Re: Choppa / Slayer Discussion

Post#2 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:55 pm

i really want to try that armor debuff idea on but i think that requires modifying the client the promblem is that because of how (even more obnoxious) tough stacking wps become 2 debuffs are necessary since the hdbuff can be cleansed

Ungrin

Post#3 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Coryphaus wrote:i really want to try that armor debuff idea on but i think that requires modifying the client the promblem is that because of how (even more obnoxious) tough stacking wps become 2 debuffs are necessary since the hdbuff can be cleansed
Well the Mara has a armor debuff. That can be moved over to the Choppa ( I think ) and then just given a new Icon. I'm not sure if changing the icon is possible but it might be, who knows. You could even move the heal debuff icon from the middle tree, make that "Can't stop the chop"'s new icon, and make the armor debuff the icon of "Can't stop the chop". Then, move the armor debuff from the mara to the Choppa. This would help bring the mara in line with other DPS and also buff the Choppa as well.

Euan
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Nerf Slayer, done.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Ungrin

Post#5 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Euan wrote:Nerf Slayer, done.
Nerf Mara, done.

See, the exercise is pointless. How about some suggestions instead of saying moronic things.

Coryphaus

Post#6 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:10 pm

so choppa gets a 13 pt armor debuff that requires 2h

and maras cutting claw was turned into a 50% out going debuff?

if we change deadly clutch do that they dont get 50% inc and out going debuff i think this mught work

since inc > outgoing dbuff

Hypernia

Post#7 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Maybe just make Tired Already? usable when dual wielding, instead of requiring a 2h.

Chop fasta could definitely use a CD decrease, maybe paired with a duration decrease. Currently 20s/2m, whereas I think 15s/90s would be better. 10 GCDs is a long time.

Or hell, go way outside the box and give Choppas a reskinned Shatter Limbs as 9pt in the right tree, and move Chop Fasta to the 9pt in the middle tree.
Last edited by Hypernia on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euan
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Ungrin wrote:
Nerf Mara, done.

See, the exercise is pointless. How about some suggestions instead of saying moronic things.

Weird you didn't take that advice on the Marauder thread. I'm just following your footsteps.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Ads
Ungrin

Post#9 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Euan wrote:
Ungrin wrote:
Nerf Mara, done.

Weird you didn't take that advice on the Marauder thread. I'm just following your footsteps.
I made many suggestions in that thread, clearly you either 1) ignored them or 2) have no reading comprehension or finally 3) didn't read the **** thread.

Ungrin

Post#10 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Hypernia wrote:Maybe just make Tired Already? usable when dual wielding, instead of requiring a 2h.

Chop fasta could definitely use a CD decrease, maybe paired with a duration decrease. Currently 20s/2m, whereas I think 15s/90s would be better. 10 GCDs is a long time.

Or hell, go way outside the box and give Choppas a reskinned Shatter Limbs as 9pt in the right tree, and move Chop Fasta to the 9pt in the middle tree.
There's no point to that since Chop Fasta is pretty much the exact opposite of SL. We need to put it at the correct CD / uptime to be a good counter to SL. Maybe lower the uptime but lower the CD to be exact same of SL or maybe even less.

This is what I'd do for the choppa:

Take out the outgoing heal debuff in the middle tree and substitute it for the armor debuff (possibly a little stronger than mara's). Keep the heal debuff in the left tree exactly how it is for the slayers and just change icons to that of the current one in the choppa's middle tree to avoid confusion.

Lower CD of Chop Fasta to 45s or 1 min. Increase Tired Already's Duration to 5s uptime for 20s. So every skill for 20s would be on CD for 5s. It's a curse so it can be cleansed.