Recent Topics

Ads

Gold exploit and the result

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
SeymourGordo

Re: Gold exploit and the result

Post#101 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:28 pm

Sigmar you getting soft? Already see one of well known ones back trading on /advice.

Ads
Ley
Former Staff

Post#102 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:18 pm

SeymourGordo wrote:Sigmar you getting soft? Already see one of well known ones back trading on /advice.
Was thinking the same...

Game

Post#103 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:45 am

As a new player to this site i can safely say that banning exploiters is a big pull. A lot of smaller games/projects fall apart based on abuse, I just hope they banned the IPs and took other precautions (that they can't post about on here) to prevent those kind of people from coming back.
Play to win.

TooGraphic

Post#104 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:21 am

so was there a weird gear wipe or did the boots i found in ostland just disappear by magic? :(

Kacia

Post#105 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:59 am

Sometimes stuff disappears.... Sometimes you get it back sometimes you don't... I've had stuff appear.... got a few free waagh sticks on my dok once lol
Kacia DoK rank 26 rr 33
Keahi BW rank 23 rr 20

Tesq

Post#106 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:03 pm

CarlistRieekan wrote:It depends on which guilds are deemed "pro".

/edit: The truth to be told, opposition in SCs was noticeably less tough than usual yesterday.
what happened which guilds were banned?, since i dont have time to play atm i would like to know? -->even in pm

mirko92

Post#107 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:18 pm

corrected below
Last edited by mirko92 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mirko92

Post#108 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:19 pm

mursie wrote:
SigmarPriest wrote:Hello,

most of you already know that there was a gold exploit at both side. We already removed it but the damage is done. As reaction of this massiv abuse we banned today over 70 accounts.

If you feel the ban was for no reason send a mail to [email protected] but be informed that we don`t ban random accounts just for fun.

regards
Sigmarpriest
Question:

How are you ensuring that banned accounts do not create a new account?

Also, your community is one of the best enforcers, I believe, of future activity. Have you considered releasing the said BANNED accounts to the public. This would help ensure that future "new accounts" would be detected/reported.
I think that if the exploit was fixed now they can even create new account but they can't generate

Ads
PartizanRUS

Post#109 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:29 am

SigmarPriest wrote:Hello,

i dont think that we will make a ban list. Sure it could help you guys to identify multi accounts from banned players but there is no reason why you should waste you time with things like this. Just play and have fun we do the rest.
At least a banned list will branding people. It doesn`t happen till now but the day will come when we ban somebody for a wrong reason and we need to lift the ban. That will be the day we will brand a innocent person and that is something we cant risk. So long i have something to say i will say that even if its only 1 innocent person we will brand it is 1 to much.

so sorry no banned list.

regards
See real banlist from pvp mmorpg - http://unholybanhammer.com/BH/
It actually works and partially because of fear to be there along with your clan tag. To ban someone you actually need a strong evidence in a first place and if suddenly hes innocent you can just remove it from banlist.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

Bozzax

Post#110 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:10 am

IMO

The good from exposing cheaters/exploiters in a player vs player game/competition dwarfs the bad from having the risk of someone being wrongly on that list temporarily. Typically timed bans or minor offences aren't worth the trouble but we talk about dupers, cloners or players running modified software.

You could even list unbanned players on top so anyone reading sees them first. Or simply have a 30 days grace period before they are listed. I doubt that "unbanned" will be a long list though.

It is just like any competition even though it is a game and letting for example Lance Armstrong keep his reputation and medallions is much worse. Secondly it may "help" other players to do the right thing when finding a bug (report it).

Still dev decide this.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7