Ads

Changelog 08.12.2015

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
bloodi
Suspended

Re: Changelog 08.12.2015

Post#101 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Sulorie wrote:When debolstered players are weaker than equal ranked players in the related tier, why play there when having a disadvantage?
Isnt the whole point to be able to farm the influence of the lower tiered zones?

You give up something to obtain something that you were unable to obtain before, good tradeoff imo.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#102 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Sulorie wrote: When debolstered players are weaker than equal ranked players in the related tier, why play there when having a disadvantage?
When all have the same available items, farming highlvl players have the advantage.
I personally see no no way to put both sides on equal footing.
The ability to play in a previous tier shouldn't be incentivized with the fact that you're more powerful than others. The reason to play in a lower tier would be to finish influence, assist a friend leveling, or exploring the world to it's limits. There would be a pretty long list of things to limit and restrict for each tier, but there's no sense in making a poor implementation that would be easily exploited.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sulorie

Post#103 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:11 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Sulorie wrote: When debolstered players are weaker than equal ranked players in the related tier, why play there when having a disadvantage?
When all have the same available items, farming highlvl players have the advantage.
The reason to play in a lower tier would be to finish influence, assist a friend leveling, or exploring the world to it's limits. There would be a pretty long list of things to limit and restrict for each tier, but there's no sense in making a poor implementation that would be easily exploited.
With a working progression it wouldn't be necessary to farm inf in lower tiers. Exploring the world is PVE, something you still can do with higher rank.
I assumed debolster is used to populate lower tiers by giving higher tier players an option to split the population among tiers. Your realm is zerging at max tier? Move to a lower tier where your realm might be underdog.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#104 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Azarael wrote:Debolster is already being considered. The issues that Renork raises are the reasons a naive debolster hasn't been implemented yet.
there is a lot of difference, between make a new char or being able to play what you alredy have. I want play chosen so if i want go in a t2-t3 zone i have to raise a new chosen? De-bolster easily fix this problem.

loosing time to raise new char while instead still gain exp/renow for that char and also change fighitn scenario.
If t2-t3 lock could be make relevant to t4 capitals that would make ppl split between t2-t3-t4 and with a good itiem level /renow reduction system + de-bolster that would make all zone enjoyable and most content in game played.

Bobbiom

Post#105 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:44 am

Nice work!

Azarael

Post#106 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:50 am

Sulorie wrote:
Azarael wrote:
Sulorie wrote:Debolster with all consequences is similar to twinking out a toon with xp off. Congratulations for making a 360° turn.
If you think I'm going to create any debolster implementation that allows people to twink, think again. There will be hard limits on every aspect of the game to ensure that no debolstered player can exceed the reasonable power of a player of the maximum rank of the destination tier.
It wasn't directed at you, just a comment to the general opinion present in this thread concerning the topic.

How you define reasonable power?
When debolstered players are weaker than equal ranked players in the related tier, why play there when having a disadvantage?
Reasonable power would be determined by the stat total, for core stats, armor, and resists, taken separately, from the expected gear of an average player leveling properly through the tier in question. You could equip all the purples you wanted, but the minute you were detected as crossing the max stat threshold, a scaler would be added to reduce your item bonus stats to maintain the same BST. Obviously, for Tier 1, a highly restrictive threshold is required (we can assume Decimator set + scattered greens + scenario weapons). For Tier 2, more analysis is required.

The aim would be to allow sojourns into the lower tiers, as a viable player, without the twinking that was possible in the live game. Any player going into a lower tier must be kept balanced with the native players of that tier or those lower zones will be ruined.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#107 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:37 am

Azarael wrote:
The aim would be to allow sojourns into the lower tiers, as a viable player, without the twinking that was possible in the live game. Any player going into a lower tier must be kept balanced with the native players of that tier or those lower zones will be ruined.

100% agree. but wouldnt putting those people on the real level apropriate for that tier (or 1/2 levels below that) solve those issues? They wouldnt have any better skills nor items (and thus no talismans etc. higher then those items). ?

on my noob coding thinking, this also seems to be the easiest to implement? ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Tesq

Post#108 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:37 pm

the only think i suggest it's that better have a higher stats reduction than a level reduction,

I speak about lv 10/20/30 (ress)(aoe heals) and every lv X0 tactic unlock

at least ress and aoe heals... dont have those ruin the whole thing.

Ads