Recent Topics

Ads

Archmage and Shaman

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
peterthepan3

Re: Archmage and Shaman

Post#11 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:26 pm

There is no 'main role': if you play an Archmage, you can decide to play as either a DPS or a healer.

This is a pretty straightforward thing in every other MMO, such as WoW, where Druids can decide to be either a tank, or a heal, or a DPS. Why do people struggle with it here?

Ads
Ysaran

Post#12 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:28 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:26 pm There is no 'main role': if you play an Archmage, you can decide to play as either a DPS or a healer.

This is a pretty straightforward thing in every other MMO, such as WoW, where Druids can decide to be either a tank, or a heal, or a DPS. Why do people struggle with it here?
If so then I apologize: don't have much experience with other MMO. I want to better understand: are you saying that dps AM and heal AM can give same contribute in medium/large scale rvr?
Zputadenti

shaggyboomboom

Post#13 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Define medium/largescale rvr

Ysaran

Post#14 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:42 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:40 pm Define medium/largescale rvr
I thought to something like 12/24 ppl
Zputadenti

shaggyboomboom

Post#15 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:42 pm
shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:40 pm Define medium/largescale rvr
I thought to something like 12/24 ppl
Then yes, a DPS AM can be more useful.

Ysaran

Post#16 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:01 pm

And Dok/WP and zael/rp don't have same problems with gear?
I always thought the dok were the exception amongst healer.
Zputadenti

shaggyboomboom

Post#17 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Can you elaborate?

dalen
Developer

Post#18 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:57 pm

On DPS DoK/WP it is also mainly SCs for gear. But Beastlord and Ruin are now DPS sets for WP/DoK and there is also a subjugator DPS weapon.

I think at least adding a subjugator DPS weapon for AM/Shaman, and possibly switching Beastlord to a DPS set would make sense.
Source Developer

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:05 pm

dalen wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:57 pm On DPS DoK/WP it is also mainly SCs for gear. But Beastlord and Ruin are now DPS sets for WP/DoK and there is also a subjugator DPS weapon.

I think at least adding a subjugator DPS weapon for AM/Shaman, and possibly switching Beastlord to a DPS set would make sense.
There wouldn't be a reason to add subj dps weapon, because it would be simply worse than sc ones.
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:28 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:26 pm There is no 'main role': if you play an Archmage, you can decide to play as either a DPS or a healer.

If so then I apologize: don't have much experience with other MMO. I want to better understand: are you saying that dps AM and heal AM can give same contribute in medium/large scale rvr?
No worries, and I didn't mean to come off confrontational. I just meant that an Archmage can decide to play as either a healer (be it smallscale or largescale) or a DPS; that you aren't confined to a 'main' role whatsoever after having created your character.

For what its worth, DPS AM, Shaman, DOK & WP are very good for smallscale PvP, and DPS Zealot/RP is a good WB Utility AoE DPS.