Recent Topics

Ads

Are we going to address the issues with the game?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Stophy22

Are we going to address the issues with the game?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm

So as the title says we have a lot of issues with RoR right now that are pretty obvious to players of both sides. I can't speak for order because I stopped playing them long ago but I'm albeit tired of dealing with it everyday and it seems that complaints seem to go on deaf ears no matter how well its explained or how often. In case we were un-aware of issues I'd like to make them apparent. I enjoy playing destro because its my choice, but it feels like with the issues currently within the game is that it wants me to go to the other side and I don't feel like thats how it should feel.

-WL's power levels compared to SH and Mara is imbalanced. (has the armor debuff and coordinated strike, 2 classes in 1)
-AM's power levels compared to Shaman is imbalanced (more dots, initiative debuff, no active way to gear for resist types while keeping relevance)
-Knight is much more relevant than chosen. (too much is wrong here to address it in a short sentence, but its similiar to WL)
-No statistics keeping of any kind.(how many Wins happen on order vs destro for keeps,forts,sc's,etc.) [I personally think this kind of thing is very important for balance in general.]
-The use and relevance of SC's have declined drastically with the release of bloodlord gear (not really an issue for me as I enjoy the pve but im trying to speak unbiased for all in this post)
-balance thread is an enigma

And the unpopular one (will put in spoiler since its personal opinion.
Spoiler:
-no side alliegance (meaning when the going gets tough, the people switch to the easier side. Xrealming)

While nothing is wrong with the ability to play the underpopulated side and help the under dogs it feels like the exact opposite is happening. I.E. A keep siege fails for destro, people log order to then win their keep siege and stay order because they are winning. The only people who x realm correctly are usually those with small groups who switch side to side to enjoy the game, while the majority of people switch from side to side to just win. Warhammer has a huge side allegiance and I know were all in alpha right now so there isn't really a reason to address this problem currently but I hope its at least made apparent.

Lately these issues have been super rough on not just myself and my friends but a lot of players who play the game so I made this post in hopes that these issues will be corrected or are at least known by people in power because lately it just doesn't feel like that, as a player of the game. Hope you all have a good night and I hope to see you around the lakes and in SC's. The game might have issues and wotnot but I will always enjoy WAR, too much nostalgia and allegiance to the fantasy. The community of players are really great people too :) Take care all, maybe leave a comment if you're in the same boat as me and help shed some light on other issues. Maybe some issues from order side as well. My viewpoint on that is a little biased since it just seems like you guys win all the time but issues you're dealing with at well should be made known so it can be apparent.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
zulnam

Re: Are we going to address the issues with the game?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 pm

I feel like a big part of the community does not understand what “voluntary” is.

Nobody is getting paid to do this. Nobody is going to spend 8 hours a day to fix this game and if they are/have you should be THANKING them instead of demanding more.

Yes this is a great community that was given to us by great people at tremendous personal cost of time and resource; perhaps we should show how great we are by being nicer to one another and to those that made it possible for us to still play WAR in 2019.

If you truly want to improve the game, volunteer and help with the coding work. Theory craft and think of actual number changes instead of throwing your hands in the air and saying “well fix it”. Not sure if you noticed but the code section of the Applications subforum is the only one that does’t even bother with a status thread. They need devs.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Warfare80

Post#3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm

You should start playing order,then you would see the unbalance from the other side aswell.
Both sides have unbalanced things. Lots of whine about WLs,even though SHs can do the same stuff (480k dmg in last sc if we just talk about raw dmg). We have the INSANE choppapull, magus magic dmg vs engi physical dmg, mara moraledraining the frontline etc.

The xrealming is bad imo,and i would like to see a serious timer,like 4 hours.

The devs are not a company and i praise Sigmar they put all the work they do into this game.
They do a 100 times better job compared to live. I claim they favour destro,but i mostly play order. Im sure destro players say the same thing.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

chokeanutsman

Post#4 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Warfare80 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm You should start playing order,then you would see the unbalance from the other side aswell.
Both sides have unbalanced things. Lots of whine about WLs,even though SHs can do the same stuff (480k dmg in last sc if we just talk about raw dmg). We have the INSANE choppapull, magus magic dmg vs engi physical dmg, mara moraledraining the frontline etc.

The xrealming is bad imo,and i would like to see a serious timer,like 4 hours.

The devs are not a company and i praise Sigmar they put all the work they do into this game.
They do a 100 times better job compared to live. I claim they favour destro,but i mostly play order. Im sure destro players say the same thing.
But what if they have 2 accounts? How do you stop xrealm? There is no rule vs. having 2 accounts either as one player it looks like? (Unless I'm wrong)

But yes, this is a problem. They would have to IP check and ban people, but then you could lose a playerbase that way too.

Xrealming is too hard to fix.

Also, with the current balance, it's too obnoxious playing stonetroll and thunder valley because order is superior in 1v1s, small scale. That's it. They just have to remove those garbage maps and force everybody to just fight mid/team fight where it actually isn't bad in terms of balance.

herooftime

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:56 pm

There is a lot to unpack here, but I believe for the most part you are correct. There is no argument to be made of Destro being the stronger faction. This is because of certain class unbalances and an overpowered moral (Knight's Solar Flair). I think the solution to this problem is a lot harder to solve than just a quick patch. The developers have lives and are running the server with money from their own pockets. Balancing takes a lot of time and discussion and its near impossible to implement a balance that will make everyone happy. I do want to give the developers the benefit of the doubt and say that there is no Order bias.
Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm
-WL's power levels compared to SH and Mara is imbalanced. (has the armor debuff and coordinated strike, 2 classes in 1)
Yes WL are very powerful, and apart from AoE, they seem to have everything. They are arguably the best solo class in the game. WLs have enough front end burst to kill most low RR destro classes before the knock down wears, they have arguably the most mobility of any class in the game with a pounce, pull, sprint and a disengage, and they synergize incredibly well with SMs and SWs because of the triple pounce. Mara and SH are still great classes, but they don't get it all unlike the WL.
Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm -AM's power levels compared to Shaman is imbalanced (more dots, initiative debuff, no active way to gear for resist types while keeping relevance)
While yes the AMs damage is insane, especially when compared to the shaman, the shaman gets some better escape tools, making them more efficient at kiting and soloing. It seems like the AM has better group utility, but I will admit that these are two classes I know the least about.

Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm -Knight is much more relevant than chosen. (too much is wrong here to address it in a short sentence, but its similiar to WL)
This is by far the biggest class imbalance of them all. SOLAR FLARE is the biggest issue, but also Chosen are currently the worst tank in terms of group utility, and with the exception of the knight, the worst damage dealing tank class. Stophy is right, there is too much wrong with the Chosen to detail here, but another forum post does a great job of outlining some of the key issues with the class.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=32065
Hero - RR81 Chosen
Herooftime - RR56 Marauder

Stophy22

Post#6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 am

zulnam wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 pm I feel like a big part of the community does not understand what “voluntary” is.

Nobody is getting paid to do this. Nobody is going to spend 8 hours a day to fix this game and if they are/have you should be THANKING them instead of demanding more.

Yes this is a great community that was given to us by great people at tremendous personal cost of time and resource; perhaps we should show how great we are by being nicer to one another and to those that made it possible for us to still play WAR in 2019.

If you truly want to improve the game, volunteer and help with the coding work. Theory craft and think of actual number changes instead of throwing your hands in the air and saying “well fix it”. Not sure if you noticed but the code section of the Applications subforum is the only one that does’t even bother with a status thread. They need devs.
Yes I understand its voluntary my friend as I stated that I would be playing war regardless I just wanted to make sure that big issues with the game were known. It seems like every cry for these particular problems are met with, "Stop crying" instead of "we'll take a look"

The whole post was making sure our complaints are heard, I didn't demand a time or an immediate fix I just wanted to make sure our crys were not falling on deaf ears. I'm helping by providing feed back, If I knew how to code a little better I would be enamored to join them and help out but I doubt they want randos f'ing about in their code. And to answer the last bit- actual numbers have been said its all over balance forums which is where the meat and potatoes of my post goes into talks; the balance forum is an enigma. Suggest all you want, things don't seem to get done and this is from personal experience.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Stophy22

Post#7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:51 am

herooftime wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:56 pm There is a lot to unpack here, but I believe for the most part you are correct. There is no argument to be made of Destro being the stronger faction. This is because of certain class unbalances and an overpowered moral (Knight's Solar Flair). I think the solution to this problem is a lot harder to solve than just a quick patch. The developers have lives and are running the server with money from their own pockets. Balancing takes a lot of time and discussion and its near impossible to implement a balance that will make everyone happy. I do want to give the developers the benefit of the doubt and say that there is no Order bias.
Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm
Yes WL are very powerful, and apart from AoE, they seem to have everything. They are arguably the best solo class in the game. WLs have enough front end burst to kill most low RR destro classes before the knock down wears, they have arguably the most mobility of any class in the game with a pounce, pull, sprint and a disengage, and they synergize incredibly well with SMs and SWs because of the triple pounce. Mara and SH are still great classes, but they don't get it all unlike the WL.
Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm -AM's power levels compared to Shaman is imbalanced (more dots, initiative debuff, no active way to gear for resist types while keeping relevance)
While yes the AMs damage is insane, especially when compared to the shaman, the shaman gets some better escape tools, making them more efficient at kiting and soloing. It seems like the AM has better group utility, but I will admit that these are two classes I know the least about.

Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm -Knight is much more relevant than chosen. (too much is wrong here to address it in a short sentence, but its similiar to WL)
This is by far the biggest class imbalance of them all. SOLAR FLARE is the biggest issue, but also Chosen are currently the worst tank in terms of group utility, and with the exception of the knight, the worst damage dealing tank class. Stophy is right, there is too much wrong with the Chosen to detail here, but another forum post does a great job of outlining some of the key issues with the class.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=32065
Thank you, you said it perfectly. I didn't unpack everything because I didn't want it to be a huge long post and it just get locked. I can go indepth more about archmage vs shaman if you like. I have a lot of knowledge on the game in general. all classes.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Bedullin

Post#8 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 am

Warfare80 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm Both sides have unbalanced things. Lots of whine about WLs,even though SHs can do the same stuff (480k dmg in last sc if we just talk about raw dmg). We have the INSANE choppapull, magus magic dmg vs engi physical dmg, mara moraledraining the frontline etc.
Not arguing any definite facts here, just an opinion, so prepare for that.
I've never seen anyone say that SH is on the same level as the WL. SH melee spec gets some very good tools, but it's missing some vital things that a WL has (Force Opportunity, just to name one large one). 480k damage is great to hear, but I personally believe that the SC charts are 100% meaningless. You can pull off ludicrous numbers just by doing TAB+apply dot, or by doing ANY amount of AoE damage. And neither of these are a guarantee to success. I play ranged Squig Herder, and a very single-target oriented one. My damage is never even close to the damage of something like a Melee Squig, but I get more DBs and more kills semi-regularly. Not saying I'm doing better than they are, but the chart definitely assumes that I was less useful if the only thing you look at is damage.
Note: I know you said "If we just talk about raw dmg". I'm not saying that you think damage is the only thing that matters. Just saying that people shouldn't think that.
Choppa's pull is pretty good, but I generally think that Choppa and Slayer are fairly balanced between themselves. The pull, though, is a great utility. Magus is the one class that I'm pretty sure is, straight-up, a more relevant class than its order counterpart. At least in terms of damage. Engineer definitely has more utilities (such as Bugman's, Armor-piercing rounds, etc.), and a better capability to stay alive for much longer. But Magus' damage is simply more effective than Engi. And as a DPS class, that's clearly pretty important. Mara moraledrain I'm really not familiar with. I've really never played as/against a Mara for any considerable period of time.
Anyway sorry for the rant.
The loyal, suicidal, dead-in-a-second Squig Herder, Greatgloin.
Order bias... Ree?
Something like that. Have fun.

Ads
Wdova

Post#9 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 am

Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm So as the title says we have a lot of issues with RoR right now that are pretty obvious to players of both sides. I can't speak for order because I stopped playing them long ago but I'm albeit tired of dealing with it everyday and it seems that complaints seem to go on deaf ears no matter how well its explained or how often. In case we were un-aware of issues I'd like to make them apparent. I enjoy playing destro because its my choice, but it feels like with the issues currently within the game is that it wants
Spoiler:
me to go to the other side and I don't feel like thats how it should feel.

-AM's power levels compared to Shaman is imbalanced (more dots, initiative debuff, no active way to gear for resist types while keeping relevance)
-Knight is much more relevant than chosen. (too much is wrong here to address it in a short sentence, but its similiar to WL)
-No statistics keeping of any kind.(how many Wins happen on order vs destro for keeps,forts,sc's,etc.) [I personally think this kind of thing is very important for balance in general.]
-The use and relevance of SC's have declined drastically with the release of bloodlord gear (not really an issue for me as I enjoy the pve but im trying to speak unbiased for all in this post)
-balance thread is an enigma

And the unpopular one (will put in spoiler since its personal opinion.
Spoiler:
-no side alliegance (meaning when the going gets tough, the people switch to the easier side. Xrealming)

While nothing is wrong with the ability to play the underpopulated side and help the under dogs it feels like the exact opposite is happening. I.E. A keep siege fails for destro, people log order to then win their keep siege and stay order because they are winning. The only people who x realm correctly are usually those with small groups who switch side to side to enjoy the game, while the majority of people switch from side to side to just win. Warhammer has a huge side allegiance and I know were all in alpha right now so there isn't really a reason to address this problem currently but I hope its at least made apparent.

Lately these issues have been super rough on not just myself and my friends but a lot of players who play the game so I made this post in hopes that these issues will be corrected or are at least known by people in power because lately it just doesn't feel like that, as a player of the game. Hope you all have a good night and I hope to see you around the lakes and in SC's. The game might have issues and wotnot but I will always enjoy WAR, too much nostalgia and allegiance to the fantasy. The community of players are really great people too :) Take care all, maybe leave a comment if you're in the same boat as me and help shed some light on other issues. Maybe some issues from order side as well. My viewpoint on that is a little biased since it just seems like you guys win all the time but issues you're dealing with at well should be made known so it can be apparent.

Oh God. Not again........
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Collateral

Post#10 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:09 am

You people aren't tired of making these threads? I can't give you any credibility if you never actually played with or played yourself any of the classes you complain about. So then how do you suppose that devs will?

Devs don't seem to view this as a big issue. They have limited time on their hands, and limited resources. When, and if, they get to it, they will get to it. You don't have to make 2 threads per week about it, we all get the point. And if devs don't see any of this as an issue, there is nothing you can do.