Recent Topics

Ads

Opinions on Time To Kill

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Ysaran

Opinions on Time To Kill

Post#1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:44 am

What's you opinion on Time To Kill (TTK)? The question is vague, I know. TTK varies depending on the context: solo, 6v6, WBvWB, and so on.

I'm not a solo expert. I just started recently playing this way, and so far it seems to me that the TTK here is just fine. Though I'm playing mostly Shaman so I'm kind of hard to kill and don't have burst so maybe things change with other classes.

6v6 have notoriously a very hight TTK, to the point where you need to coordinate the GuardPunt, Burst and CC on Healers in order to create your window and get the kill. Again, it is a lot of time since I last played in any serious 6v6 so maybe things changed in the meanwhile. TTK seems fine here too imho, but I'm still corious to hear (well, read...) your opinion.

I'm not part of any big guild anymore (more than two years at this point, I think), and with the recent changes TTK have certainly changed too. I play mostly with organized WB recruiting in /5 with discord and whatnot. My experience is that TTK is SHORT. To the point that most fights end in less than 20s, which is crazy short if we consider that some classes require some time to charge their mechanic and be effective. I'm not really sure how to increase the TTK. Some say that one way would be to revert the AOE cap at 9 instead of 24, which makes kind of sense if you consider that a healer can heal effectively only 6 ppl. Though, I have admit that seeing big numbers with FoDG is a lot of fun :D .

I would really like to hear your opinions on TTK, how you would change it and in what context.
Zputadenti

Ads
salazarn

Re: Opinions on Time To Kill

Post#2 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 am

I think healers are overtuned and too tanky personally. They are beefy innately at higher rr and then guard / detaunts on top of that is kinda bonkers.

As for what id do about it id likely remove all armor pots from the game. Squishies get like 15% extra mitigation from those base.

bw10

Post#3 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:34 am

too short on me too long on them

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 pm

Fights are generally too short in Wb v. Wb. It just turns into spam AoE and hope your damage is better than theirs. Usually over in a few seconds.

I would propose adjusting AoE cap. Feels like more than 9 but less than 24 would have a sweetspot in there somewhere.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

akisnaakkeli

Post#5 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:25 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 pm Fights are generally too short in Wb v. Wb. It just turns into spam AoE and hope your damage is better than theirs. Usually over in a few seconds.

I would propose adjusting AoE cap. Feels like more than 9 but less than 24 would have a sweetspot in there somewhere.
+1 with morale dmg cap removed and old 1.15s gcd and 50% aoe Hd's

Rotgut

Post#6 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:32 pm

TTK too low in oRvR. SCs are fine.

AoE cap back to 9 sounds like a good way to deal with it. It also nerfs blobbing, which would be awesome. Change the game, keep it fresh, enable more classes. I'm sure it has downsides too, but so does everything, and change is nice.

HammerGuy

Post#7 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:46 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 pm Fights are generally too short in Wb v. Wb. It just turns into spam AoE and hope your damage is better than theirs. Usually over in a few seconds.
I concur. Fighting anything above 12v12 is over too quickly. There isn't time to react, counter, adjust, or otherwise play the game. It's why I find WB play to be so boring most of the time.

shoelessHN

Post#8 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:11 pm

Rotgut wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:32 pm TTK too low in oRvR. SCs are fine.

AoE cap back to 9 sounds like a good way to deal with it. It also nerfs blobbing, which would be awesome. Change the game, keep it fresh, enable more classes. I'm sure it has downsides too, but so does everything, and change is nice.
Aoe cap really only matters in blob vs blob though. In a 24v24 how many aoe abilities are really hitting more than 6-7 people at once anyways? Whirling axe was melting people on bridges in the talabec weekend sc but outside of that I'm not sure I saw a lot of aoe from a single person melting 9+ people at once.

Stacked aoes that are hitting 3-5 people are way more of a problem than a single person using a single ability that hits 9+.

Flurry and lotsa choppin are capped at 3 people and it feels just fine. Demolition "hits all targets" but the range is so garbage that it rarely is hitting more than 5-6. Same with slashing blade.

Ads
Rotgut

Post#9 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:50 pm

So it would only affect TTK in blob vs blob, good to know. Its a step in the right direction i guess, wouldn't fix the whole problem but its something.

Phantasm

Post#10 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:05 pm

I got same feeling about RvR fights right now. Simple fact that if you bring more aoe means more people you 99% win. Effect of that we see every day EU time, guilds that cant fill up a 24 warband struggle a lot to find any decent fight, more and more are glue themselves to bigger group, of course opposite faction do the same. I dont know how to make it better. But yea, thats a main issue many people find RoR dull and disapointing after few weeks.