Recent Topics

Ads

"Glitch items" life

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
akisnaakkeli

Re: "Glitch items" life

Post#21 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 am

Flowson wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 am
diegomess wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:53 am keep posting these and they will remove them, but you are right people enjoy these nobody complains about it and they take it from us... we all like to stand out one way or another in mmos it doesnt affect gameplay.

i still miss my naked chestpiece for the shao kahn costume, i remember zomegy >:(
From an Game-Artist point of view, we have no intentions of removing items, instead were looking for acceptable combinations which might fit the individual character class in general - as long as it can be brought into harmony with the game and the warhammer fantasy universe. These pictures help us, to get to know what players are looking for in general and are highly welcomed.
https://imgur.com/a/GXykBiR

Those are 3 i found of my own screenshots from Age of Reckoning. I have obviously alot more but just example how cross class or even realm appearances create so many opportunities with just 1-2 pieces. There was Lair Drop Shield that all tanks could use, its a black orc shield in RoR with the Horns. It looked amazing for Ib because the shield was so huge : D

Ads
Albais

Post#22 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:36 am

Flowson wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 am From an Game-Artist point of view, we have no intentions of removing items, instead were looking for acceptable combinations which might fit the individual character class in general - as long as it can be brought into harmony with the game and the warhammer fantasy universe. These pictures help us, to get to know what players are looking for in general and are highly welcomed.

This is great to hear! There's a plethora of currently unused appearances available in the database, many of which are (1) thematically fitting and (2) actually wearable as separate items by player characters (i.e., not 'baked' into some NPC model). With this new, more open approach to supporting fashionhammer that you outline here, I'm looking forward to one day seeing them in game as items which can be obtained and worn by players.
Last edited by Albais on Thu May 02, 2024 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

normanis

Post#23 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:40 am

i hope gms bring back slayer chainmail, sorc robe for dok (npc has it). those items make some clases look better than what they where wearing. npc look better than players, its unaceptable.
xbow for engi and shields too ;-)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Eisboleas

Post#24 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 am
diegomess wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:53 am keep posting these and they will remove them, but you are right people enjoy these nobody complains about it and they take it from us... we all like to stand out one way or another in mmos it doesnt affect gameplay.

i still miss my naked chestpiece for the shao kahn costume, i remember zomegy >:(
From an Game-Artist point of view, we have no intentions of removing items, instead were looking for acceptable combinations which might fit the individual character class in general - as long as it can be brought into harmony with the game and the warhammer fantasy universe. These pictures help us, to get to know what players are looking for in general and are highly welcomed.

Those are 3 i found of my own screenshots from Age of Reckoning. I have obviously alot more but just example how cross class or even realm appearances create so many opportunities with just 1-2 pieces. There was Lair Drop Shield that all tanks could use, its a black orc shield in RoR with the Horns. It looked amazing for Ib because the shield was so huge : D
I assume that WE appearence is not available in RoR right ?
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

akisnaakkeli

Post#25 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 am

Eisboleas wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 am
akisnaakkeli wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 am

I assume that WE appearence is not available in RoR right ?
It was long time ago but hasnt been for a long time. My point was that how easy it would be to allow existing green items cross realms/classes. All Elf/Delf/Empire Female/Male all have same starting bodies so all their gear fits eachother.

Dok female looked best while having sorc robe + witch elf sove helm appearances. Sm looked best with WL chest and some Helm that didnt change their hair like all SM helms do. We looked best with sw shoulders hiding face. Wl looked best with sw chest and also same kind Sw shoulders like witch elfs had. Basically all classes best looked are unlocked with 1-2 pieces of cross realm or class gear : D

IVendettaI

Post#26 » Thu May 02, 2024 2:25 pm

Devs removed glitched items because of a certain form of denunciation, which only resulted in the replacement of these unique skins with completely ordinary and useless skins just for reasons of "consistency" or whatever. . For skins that were already in game. It only served to frustrate people who liked these items.

So we know, there are worse things in life, but it would be nice if there was a possible discussion before removing skins that have value for some