Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Gas Armor

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
cacumen

Squig Gas Armor

Post#1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 am

Since Destruction is lacking Ranged AoE roles for Warband setups, this idea may do the trick since Ranged Squig Herder is not getting a decent Arrow Rain as Ranged AoE damage:

Add a new armor called Squig Gas Armor, it would be the same skin as the squig gas pet but bigger. It has to have some melee restrictions. Can use the same abilities as the little gas squig too. Maybe add anything that could look like gas, farts, puke and insert ranged aoe channeling, casting, whatever. A puke cannon, kids would love it.

Ads
Templa

Re: Squig Gas Armor

Post#2 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 am

Instead of adding a bunch of whole new classmechanics, the more easy and convenient route would be to buff or rework "Explodin Arrer"
Image Image

Waaghtastic

Post#3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 am

Or bring back more ranged AoE abilities the rSH had in the original game (and even early RoR?).

Not sure exactly what it was but the m3 was an regular ability (obviously way less damage) and I think there where one or two more ranged aoe abilities as well.

cacumen

Post#4 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 am

Yes, I totally agree, bringing back the rSH AoE abilities we always had is really needed nowadays. The lack of Ranged AoE specs in Desutruction feels really bad. I remember that rSH had that big green arrow that now is an M3, 'Shoot thru ya' or something like that. Alongside with Shoot n run had a tactic that made it AoE but was weak. Maybe bringin back those two would somehow balance it out.

I would had an interesting idea, take the visual effect animation from M4 Big Shootin' tree (arrow rain) and put it as M2 with lower damage, maybe around 900 or 1200. It's just such aa good looking ability that never get used, even make it a channeled ability would make it even better.

Hey Devs, please consider switching some visual effects that look cool into weaker abilites, it's 2024 already, our PC can handle some more cooler visual effects.

nebelwerfer

Post#5 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 pm

+1
splinterin arrrerz' and shoot through ya (or whatever these were called) was a fun spec to play allthoguh the aoe tactic reduced the damage by20% i think which was a bit too much. removing the reduction in damage would have been a better fix isntead of the total reworking of the whole class. :cry:

if i recall it was quite fun to go stance dance from being melee aoe to ranged aoe etc, it was a great class at some point - a model for how to improve the fun of other classes it should have been. :mrgreen: