Recent Topics

Ads

AM/Shammy Healing

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: AM/Shammy Healing

Post#41 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:49 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: It was pretty much just blanket numbers with around the same amount of WP and gear. But i would love to see what numbers you come up with when you do the same. My numbers were on on single targets with groupheals without crits, but i can post the full group numbers with crits instead if you prefer.
I would prefer to see correct statements and no misinformation like WP grp heal every second and the same goes for hots, where you forgot to mention that hots tick only once every 3 sec.
When healer dies to a single DD, then he made a mistake or he was outplayed by gear, rank or random excuse xyz.
On his own he might not keep up the healing for his group but there I may ask what his group is doing. A single enemy DD has to be dead in seconds. Again, this has nothing to do with healer balance but with teamplay.
It's no surprise that cloth healers have more kiting tools.
Dying is no option.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#42 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Nameless wrote:
Nekkma wrote:The only way to achieve balance between healers is to nerf dok/wp and adjust the other healers accordingly. Zealot/Rp need minor tweaks but are pretty much balanced. Shamans and AMs need to be buffed.

The only situation where I would take a shaman instead of the other classes is in a duo or trio.

Also, a shaman will NEVER outheal a dok as someone suggested above (given equal skill and gear ofc). Theorethical hps means nothing when 99% of the fights you are in involve Kobs shattering and tripple shattering. Removing Destroy Confidence or change some of the shamans buffs/hots to a healing effect would be a start (preferably DSU).

I haven't played AM since 2009 so that's why I don't mention it specifically but it is clear that they need a buff as well.
pretty spot on. Backline healers need some tweaks, nothing major, fix here and there and will be pretty good. The thing is that wp/dok healing should be tuned down cos it is ridicules. The cd on dok/wp group heal give them chance to make rotations gheal/cleanse/gheal/ghot/gheal/heal and that is at environment where u got guarded dps' that shared dmg with tanks, so basiclly 4 ppl from the group constantly taking damage. So yea every group realted heal will rock and the king of group heal is dok/wp...
It is just that dok/wp are so superior and zealot/wp build good synergy with them thanks to procs. That is why there is little place for shamans/ams

ps about the post that zealot/rp could heal better at orvr just lol only thing that bring zealot/rp on top of shamans/ams at orvr is their heal proc that buff dok/wp healing otherwise check what desperation do and explain me how rp/zealot are superior healing wise to am/shaman at orvr when everyone just spam gheal
Desperation is not a good tactic, it means healers arn't doin their job, someone overextending or someone getting focused. And if their getting focused this tactic prob not gonna save em anyway. The tactic pretty much don't do anything 90% of the time. It should have been 1% increased healing for every 1% dmg he have taking. up to maybe 50% then it would been a good tatic.

Azarael

Post#43 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:07 pm

Sulorie wrote:and no misinformation like WP grp heal every second
This isn't misinformation since the last patch. It IS almost once every second.

Tesq

Post#44 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:59 pm

Morf wrote:The thing for me is how do u improve the mechanics without making shamans have even better survivability and Am's even better at dps'ing.
It would be nice to have a mechanic that actually meant something tho.
what about change points gain ratio ?

camon listen to my warp voice just bump the meccanic and you will get results :D

make them gain point in 2-1 ratio it's like boost their meccanic of 150%

2 dot and you gain 4 point for heal --> you have a 0,5 seconds group heal that cost 13 AP (new ratio)

VS

2 dot and you gain 2 point (meh) for heal-->you have a 1, 5 second group heal that cost 39 AP (currently ratio)

basically you spend more ap at the start and less later as it should but it's more efficents. You can also use after this a hot + cleanse and have the selfheal damages done with 4 points.

Landaren

Post#45 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:17 am

Wild healing, desperation, Funnel ess, Infuse? AM is beast for healing.
Some similar abilities on shaman. You can spike a single target back to full from almost dead in seconds.

Sulorie

Post#46 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:53 am

Azarael wrote:
So we are talking about a bug?
Dying is no option.

Sizer

Post#47 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:03 pm

I played an am for the first 3 years of the game, and id love to make it my main again if it was worth playing (its not atm if you want to actually heal a full group, and wont be in t4 without changes), but I have to say I disagree with the OP here. Ams dont need a healing buff, nor a survivability one. A mechanic change so it actually does something, awesome, been waiting years for that (dont mind waiting a few more though). A few bad tactics reworked? Ok. But for healing - imo they are EXACTLY where healers should be. High risk, high reward. Cant keep your group up by spamming group heal. Cant survive by standing in one spot and aoe detaunting. If anything they are even too good, as resource management on them is so easy (ie wild healing) and kiting is too easy (MoM being a 60% snare on 20s cd is ridiculously OP). I know I said ams are op, crazy!

But it doesnt matter that they are, and thats because wps and doks. And imo healer balance should begin with them being toned down, not others being buffed up to their level. Because then dps would demand buffs to compensate. And wps/doks would want buffs again. And so on. Or at least thats the argument I always made on the old forums. Its likely that wouldnt happen here as balancing isnt done like at a major mmo company and mindless complaints have less weight. But Id still say its easier to go the other way - nerf wps/doks, then nerf slayer/mara, and so on and so forth, all the way down until a am/rp group can heal as well as a 2 wp group can - or better even, since in an ideal game an optimal group would never contain double of any class. Either way I love how the devs are taking it slow, already got more faith in them to fix ams than I ever had in the original ones.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Tesq

Post#48 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:56 pm

dont get the logic, nerf dok/wp wold mean those would ask for a dps nerf not the opposite.

Balance should start with tanks, then move onto healer thean finally reach dps. To reduces the elastic bar and the ttk even more.

Ads
Azarael

Post#49 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:49 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Azarael wrote:
So we are talking about a bug?
No. The GCD changed to 1.1 seconds in the last patch because the client is allowing ability casts at 75% of the way through the GCD.

(Don't shoot the messenger.)

EDIT: I'm going to explain more about why this change was implemented.

The client attempts to fire abilities 75% of the way through the global cooldown. Before this patch, the server would overrule it, and cancel the cast. As I recall, among the many hacks possible in Warhammer Online, there was a no cooldown hack. That to me says that the original Warhammer server did not enforce the GCD and this was delegated to the client. This change should therefore replicate the original behaviour of Warhammer Online.

That's not to say that I much like it, though. This is a buff to any skill with a cast time less than 1.1 seconds, including the WP and DoK group heals and most melee attacks.

roadkillrobin

Post#50 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:51 pm

How about replacing Gork fix'd It/Ballanced Mending with something like the old Tyrrant proc but for the group.Those are currently dead tactics that pretty much nooone uses and would give AM/Shamman much better group utillity.

"On direct heal 10% Chance to reduce the cast times of the next abillity by 1 sec for your entire group"

Another Sugestion i have. Replacing Prism Shield/Morks Buffer with something that doesn't overlap with 3 other classes??? Like group melee/ranged/magic power or 10% Disrupt/Parry.