Recent Topics

Ads

Aggressive staff?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Xenosidal

Aggressive staff?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:38 am

I've recently just started playing ROR after a pretty long break and I'm catching up reading the forums in between scenario pops. I'm very excited to be playing ROR again, but reading through the forums has got me a bit concerned. A number of the replies I've seen from the server's staff seem rather aggressive and/or rude. I can somewhat understand that stance for a couple of the threads, but certainly not all - particuarly from people who represent the server. Are the people creating these threads repeat offenders, am I missing something here?

I apologize if this post seems argumentative, but I am genuinely concerned.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Aggressive staff?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:47 am

Your post lacks data, a suggestion, or any quantified criticism. It's just a blanket statement, there's nothing really to respond to.

So, yes, maybe, unless sometimes, no.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Xenosidal

Post#3 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:57 am

Well it wasn't my intention to single people out, which is why I refrained from mentioning specific examples. However, as an example, I could mention the thread here in "Suggestions & Feedback" about Witch Elf and Witch Hunter itemization. The OP listed a few of their sets and how they were all heavily invested into weapon skill, while suggesting an itemization for one of your custom armor sets. Their post received a reply of "Nope" with the thread being locked.

Is itemization something that isn't supposed to be discussed?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:04 am

That post in particular was very flatly in direct opposition to the stats assigned on those sets and wanted a complete reversal. There's not much conversation needed, and it's not something that 10 pages of fighting about was ever going to change.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:28 am

Yes, also that. Staff can be pretty curt and dry about things. We're not paid to do this. :)

Theseus

Post#6 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:37 am

wargrimnir wrote:Yes, also that. Staff can be pretty curt and dry about things. We're not paid to do this. :)
Yeah, I guess, we know that, but when you are at the recieving end, its easy to forget. So then, we think you are some kind of pissed, even if that werent your intent, and feel also disrespected by a snarky comment. So we become snarky too, and well..... we saw how that can get out of hand, didnt we.^^

I remember to have said that again, and call people out if they were impolite, either in the post or per PM. Mostly that were nice chats afterwards, were we both agreed that we didnt mean it completely in earnest. But it seems that way and some people dont follow up and hold a grudge. With two or three more words, that wouldnt happen.

For example, if you had written, we cant do that, because it would only support one playstyle. It would have come off as agressive and we wouldnt have the whole discussion. Youw guys would have saved a lot of time on these comments.

One other thing, saying that, doesnt mean, that you are often right about the content in your comments

Ok thats my mind on it.
Have a nice night.
Last edited by Theseus on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Xenosidal

Post#7 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:43 am

I certainly understand that this is a volunteer driven project, as is the case with most non-official game servers. I also greatly appreciate the time that has gone into it, and I am very happy to see that ROR is still very much alive and growing.

I can also understand being defensive when you think someone is trying to game the system, but I don't feel that your assumption of their intentions precludes giving them a decent reply. Even though you're all volunteers, you're still held to a higher standard than your run-of-the-mill shitposter, as you represent the server.

Having said that, I'll leave you guys alone. I wish the best for ROR in the future, it's the only MMO worth playing until Camelot Unchained releases in 2030. ;)

xanderous

Post#8 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:59 am

The devs just play it direct to save time, like it has already been stated, they aren't paid to do this, so in regards to customer service levels of response, high quality kid gloves will never be worn and to be honest i'd much rather they were direct then patronising.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
BrownStar

Post#9 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:29 pm

We're playing on their dime man, it's as simple as that. Since we are not paying customers, they don't need, nor should they need to cater to the whims of the player base. If they have shorter fuses than you find in other communities, please remind yourself that we are in their house eating their food rent free. Don't be surprised if they react tersly to ill thought out or just plane stupid requests. Not a lot of time to suffer fools and I agree completely.

dansari

Post#10 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:00 pm

I think this is especially true when topics get brought up that have already been addressed. That's why, especially in a suggestions & feedback post, a change has to be brought up according to the rules posted. If you're just whining and doing it in a place that is specifically meant for introducing a change to make the game better, you're going to get a short response.
<Salt Factory>