Recent Topics

Ads

Game Crashes when entering SC

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Blorke

Game Crashes when entering SC

Post#1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Hello everyone,
I recently started playing RoR again after a few months of pause. Everytime (and I really mean EVERYTIME), the game crashes as soon as I'm entering a SC with some strange sounds (screeching or some sort). Someone in another thread pointed out that it might be caused by corrupted or damaged soundfiles and gave a link to download it again and replace it with the damaged one. I tried this out and it didn't helped. I tried a few other things out, like launching the game on 32bit and on 64bit again but nothing changed although there was one time a SC worked and I could finish a round. But as soon as I entered the SC, the soundbug came again and it stayed even after the round was over. Since then, I am still crashing without error reports and there's still no solution to this... I hope there's some way to fix this because there are a few other people with the same or a very similiar problem.

Ads
Kragg

Re: Game Crashes when entering SC

Post#2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:59 pm

I have this on occassion bit i cant pinpoint what migth be causing it. It used to be linked to the amount of quests in the book that were active but even as i cleared i keep crashing.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Rordin Brightrune, RR 70 Runepriest
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

monster

Post#3 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 pm

This may be due to a sound file issue. Try this:
saupreusse wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:54 pm Update:
I had a talk with our lead dev max and we found something that might at least be a band aid for you guys until max finds a good way to fix it.
Download this audio.myp file and put it into your warhammer folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18uOSC ... 08C8NiSMrB
(replace the old audio.myp file with the new one)

Blorke

Post#4 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:19 pm

monster wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 pm This may be due to a sound file issue. Try this:
I had a talk with our lead dev max and we found something that might at least be a band aid for you guys until max finds a good way to fix it.
As I already stated, I tried this way. I think it was MaxHayman who suggested this on another thread. But just to make sure, I downloaded this file again, replaced it with the other audio.myp data and started the game. Unfortunately, nothing changed. As soon as the SC opens = soundbug and immidiate crash. I also forgot to mention that I'm running Win7 and never had any issues with launching the game, keep it up to date and playing it. My drivers are up to date too and I don't use any addons. But thanks for reaching out, I hope there will be a fix in the near future!

monster

Post#5 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:28 pm

Blorke wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:19 pm
monster wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 pm This may be due to a sound file issue. Try this:
As I already stated, I tried this way. I think it was MaxHayman who suggested this on another thread. But just to make sure, I downloaded this file again, replaced it with the other audio.myp data and started the game. Unfortunately, nothing changed. As soon as the SC opens = soundbug and immidiate crash. I also forgot to mention that I'm running Win7 and never had any issues with launching the game, keep it up to date and playing it. My drivers are up to date too and I don't use any addons. But thanks for reaching out, I hope there will be a fix in the near future!
Sorry, Brother, didn't see you already tried it.