Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MedV

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Post#121 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:56 pm

Order zergs for months, impossible to lvl a destro toon thru rvr... Lose for days on end. Finally a day comes where destro starts to gain resolve. 140% AAO.... no rewards for kills, destro runs away from fights bec there is no point of killing anythign or anyone.

This game was supposed to incentivise the outnumbered not punish the higher pop. Why would anyone fight if they get 0 rewards. Like seriously.... now you get nothing from being the higher pop and you get steam rolled when youre the lower pop.
The King.

Ads
Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#122 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:10 pm

But why? Its super meh for people who likes to duo/trio for example. Did it today, and we got absolutely nothing(well 1 renown) thing is we just logged or mainly just focus on pug scenario now.. Super sad to see this change, was having a blast duo/trio in lakes. Just my 2 cents :|

Skullgrin

Post#123 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:00 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 pm
chosens dont have a strength issue is my point... our dmg is mitigated through resistance instead of armor no idea what ur trying to say, of course strength raises base dmg :roll:

new tactic is stacking with str aura, you can invest other stats if str is already capped.
i've heard chosen having 700/700/700 stats.
now more stats. ( looking at thargrimm )

i don't get why chosens complaining.
you lost OP tactic and got stat buff one, in dps tree.
do you have any tactic in mind for replacement?

Heh, I really don't get the complaining either. The only problem I have with this is that now I don't have enough tactic slots, so I'm gonna have to practice tactic-dancing before fights now.

As for the arguments that Chosen don't have a strength problem - well we did before this change. There was no way to get close to the strength soft cap before this (and lord knows I tried). The highest amount of strength I could reach and still be viable defensively was around 900. I always thought that the addition of melee power to Chosen gear was pointless because of this - however with this change melee power on gear makes much more sense. Here's a screen shot of my stats now with Daemonclaw and Suppression both active -

Woot! I am finally hitting the strength soft-cap! After limited testing thus far I've seen AA crits in the 900 range, and my damage seems to be up across the board. Still need to test more though.

This also shows that the arguments that the other stats are useless to be completely untrue. The extra weapon skill gives me an increase to 34% reduction to my opponents armor, increases parry to 66% with suppression up and the initiative pumps my dodge rate to 26%, which is always useful against those pesky ranged enemies. The initiative boost has also had an additional nice side effect - I've had Witch Hunters that I've crit pop stealth and try to escape, but because my initiative is so high I STILL SEE THEM, allowing me to hunt them down :D .

The build I'm using for those stats is a bit off though. I don't really like running less than 700 toughness, and my wounds are a bit low too - 9000 health is doable mixing in the new armor sets. My actual crit rate is only 20% there - I might need to look into increasing that to get the most out of this new paradigm, but only more experimentation will find out the best balance there.

Overall though this looks to be an excellent buff for 2H Chosen, my hats off to the Dev's - Great Work!
Last edited by Skullgrin on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Onemantankwall

Post#124 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:05 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:00 pm
anarchypark wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 pm
chosens dont have a strength issue is my point... our dmg is mitigated through resistance instead of armor no idea what ur trying to say, of course strength raises base dmg :roll:

new tactic is stacking with str aura, you can invest other stats if str is already capped.
i've heard chosen having 700/700/700 stats.
now more stats. ( looking at thargrimm )

i don't get why chosens complaining.
you lost OP tactic and got stat buff one, in dps tree.
do you have any tactic in mind for replacement?

Heh, I really don't get the complaining either. The only problem I have with this is that now I don't have enough tactic slots, so I'm gonna have to practice tactic-dancing before fights now.

As for the arguments that Chosen don't have a strength problem - well we did before this change. There was no way to get close to the strength soft cap before this (and lord knows I tried). The highest amount of strength I could reach and still be viable defensively was around 900. I always thought that the addition of melee power to Chosen gear was pointless because of this - however with this change melee power on gear makes much more sense. Here's a screen shot of my stats now with Daemonfang and Suppression both active -

Woot! I am finally hitting the strength soft-cap! After limited testing thus far I've seen AA crits in the 900 range, and my damage seems to be up across the board. Still need to test more though.

This also shows that the arguments that the other stats are useless to be completely untrue. The extra weapon skill gives me 34% reduction to my opponents armor, increases parry to 66% with suppression up and the initiative pumps my dodge rate to 26%, which is always useful against those pesky ranged enemies. The initiative boost has also had an additional nice side effect - I've had Witch Hunters that I've crit pop stealth and try to escape, but because my initiative is so high I STILL SEE THEM, allowing me to hunt them down :D .

The build I'm using for those stats is a bit off though. I don't really like running less than 700 toughness, and my wounds are a bit low too - 9000 health is doable mixing in the new armor sets. My actual crit rate is only 20% there - I might need to look into increasing that to get the most out of this new paradigm, but only more experimentation will find out the best balance there.

Overall though this looks to be an excellent buff for 2H Chosen, my hats off to the Dev's - Great Work!
a solo 2h braveheart chosen has no issue with losing utility for **** stats.. imagine that! holler back at me when u can stop getting rekt by volg anyime soon
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Skullgrin

Post#125 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:09 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:05 pm a solo 2h braveheart chosen has no issue with losing utility for **** stats.. imagine that! holler back at me when u can stop getting rekt by volg anyime soon
Aww, a personal attack that does nothing to refute what I've said, how cute!

I look forward to you continuing this type of thing and receiving a nice long timeout from the mods! :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88

Onemantankwall

Post#126 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:12 pm

not a personal attack at all, your a solo chosen who cant solo making comments on balance for all chosens not meaning to hurt feelings but i mean... yea ur testing is for not. What we were given in replace of lost utility is horrible for all chosens as a tank if they can replace utility for utility i think alot of the anger and confusion will disappear
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Skullgrin

Post#127 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:18 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:12 pm not a personal attack at all, your a solo chosen who cant solo making comments on balance for all chosens not meaning to hurt feelings but i mean... yea ur testing is for not. What we were given in replace of lost utility is horrible for all chosens as a tank if they can replace utility for utility i think alot of the anger and confusion will disappear
Oh, and you insult me too by saying that I can't solo, whatever shall I do??? Your opinion is counting for less and less...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#128 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:20 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:00 pm

As for the arguments that Chosen don't have a strength problem - well we did before this change. There was no way to get close to the strength soft cap before this (and lord knows I tried). The highest amount of strength I could reach and still be viable defensively was around 900. I always thought that the addition of melee power to Chosen gear was pointless because of this - however with this change melee power on gear makes much more sense. Here's a screen shot of my stats now with Daemonfang and Suppression both active -

This also shows that the arguments that the other stats are useless to be completely untrue. The extra weapon skill gives me 34% reduction to my opponents armor, increases parry to 66% with suppression up and the initiative pumps my dodge rate to 26%, which is always useful against those pesky ranged enemies. The initiative boost has also had an additional nice side effect - I've had Witch Hunters that I've crit pop stealth and try to escape, but because my initiative is so high I STILL SEE THEM, allowing me to hunt them down :D .

Feedback AFTER testing things? My goodness. Might this be the harbinger of changing away from kneejerk attitudes in 2019? :o
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#129 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:22 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:12 pm not a personal attack at all, your a solo chosen who cant solo making comments on balance for all chosens not meaning to hurt feelings but i mean... yea ur testing is for not. What we were given in replace of lost utility is horrible for all chosens as a tank if they can replace utility for utility i think alot of the anger and confusion will disappear
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

rmpl

Post#130 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:20 pm Feedback AFTER testing things? My goodness. Might this be the harbinger of changing away from kneejerk attitudes in 2019? :o
There's no need to test anything, you took away 10% crit chance for the entire team and gave them an inferior version of runefang which requires speccing. No competent player would be happy about that except chosens who roleplay as WE in the lakes. Just stop because defending this change is not making anyone look good, what I would recommend is staying low and waiting until it quiets down instead of adding fuel to the fire.