Recent Topics

Ads

What is the Scenario Experience Points Mechanic?

Let's talk about... everything else
taultbobby

What is the Scenario Experience Points Mechanic?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:15 pm

I've been playing this for a couple of months now, and I've realised that Scenarios are the best way to exp ... providing you win!

However, I have noticed a trend which I cannot seem to work out at, which is the amount of exp you get from the scenarios, and what causes the different amounts.

I know that the basic formula is "More Scenario points = more experience points". Therefore, a 500 point win will net you a lot of point, but so will a 480 point loss.

Now, what is confusing me is that even on winning teams there seems to be a large amount of difference between exp gained, and I can't figure it out! I have several characters as I'm still finding my way, so I rotate in between those with rested xp to maximise levelling. Thus, even with Max XP bonus, I can win and still be bottom of the team's XP gain.

Deathblows, Kills, Healing, Damage Done ... all of these equally do NOT seem to affect the xp. As I have ranked top in all of these at different times, and still not had most xp. I thought it might be "Do the mechanic of the SC" e.g. flag capping, flag holding, flag running, etc. yet that also doesn't seem to do it.

So... i'm at a loss! What is the mechanic(s) that will allow you to get the most exp per scenario?

Ads
Alhazredd

Re: What is the Scenario Experience Points Mechanic?

Post#2 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:10 am

:D
Last edited by Alhazredd on Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admanb

Post#3 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:39 am

From Dragon's Bane:

I believe XP is determined by a drunk toddler spinning a wheel and giving out XP to whomever it lands on. It's absurd that Nordenwatch is the only scenario that doesn't make a complete mess of XP/RP, though it still sometimes does this nonsense.

All XP/RP in scenarios should be normalized. Period. This isn't a solo game.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:05 am

admanb wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:39 am From Dragon's Bane:

I believe XP is determined by a drunk toddler spinning a wheel and giving out XP to whomever it lands on. It's absurd that Nordenwatch is the only scenario that doesn't make a complete mess of XP/RP, though it still sometimes does this nonsense.

All XP/RP in scenarios should be normalized. Period. This isn't a solo game.
There was no zone lock during the sc?
Dying is no option.

Vayra

Post#5 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:35 am

Some of the absurd numbers can be from Zone locks, yeah. Another thing is that a lot of people are running the reduced XP scrolls to slow leveling while building up their renown, so they will be gaining a fair bit less xp than you'd expect.

And in a scenario like Dragon's Bane, kills matter. The guy with 14 kills get's about half the xp of the guy with 26. Groups also matter in that regard, if you're in the group with the most participation in a kill, you'll get more xp/renown from it than someone in a different group with less participation. All in all this adds up to some pretty big differences in xp/renown gained. A scenario like Nordenwatch will see the rewards be closer since there kills don't directly matter for xp/renown from the scenario.

And for renown earned, in addition to all of the above, the relative renown ranks also matter. A rr10 player gains a lot more than a rr40 player if they kill a rr30.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG