Recent Topics

Ads

Busting two myths about BG

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
popperz

Busting two myths about BG

Post#1 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:27 pm

Myth 1: Crimson death (CD) does not add the crit to BG, but only to the allies (since the tooltip claims "to others")
Myth 2: BG skill Force of Fury is such an amazing skill cause it gives insane anticrit (since why not and the tooltip is sexy)

Result in image:
1) Indeed CD increases crit chance and BG is affected
2) The anticrit is absolute rubbish. And less crit you have the less the ability is worth.

https://ibb.co/Rc4BXJP
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Ads
TreefAM

Re: Busting two myths about BG

Post#2 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:37 pm

The second one is interesting, I wonder what calculations are mixed in when you use force of fury

wachlarz

Post#3 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:40 pm

If asw have easy 60% crit chance. Crit resist its ok

Omegus

Post#4 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:40 pm

FoF not being a flat reduction is very interesting, and also a giant slap in the face to one of the few things people thought BGs were good at. I would assume it has to do it before flat crit chance reduction, otherwise if someone was at -10% to be crit and had FoF on them then it would put them at -5.5%, i.e. make it worse!

BG players: did you know this? Did you lie about it to increase your chances of getting into groups and warbamds? :P
wachlarz wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:40 pm If asw have easy 60% crit chance. Crit resist its ok
Look at the image in the OP to see what the skill actually does.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

popperz

Post#5 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:41 pm

wachlarz wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:40 pm If asw have easy 60% crit chance. Crit resist its ok
It's not reduction of enemy's crit rate. It's reduction of your chance to be critically hit. So if you have 0% - u get em 0 :)
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Omegus

Post#6 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 pm

popperz wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:41 pm
It's not reduction of enemy's crit rate. It's reduction of your chance to be critically hit. So if you have 0% - u get em 0 :)
This is probably the only flat crit modifier that is multiplicative rather than additive though.

edit: this also explains why from a healing point of view PVE Black Guards using this tactic tend to be squisher than I would otherwise expect them to be.
Last edited by Omegus on Thu May 07, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TreefAM

Post#7 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 pm

And here I started playing around with RoR.builders - Black Guard
As a 2h bg. OH well, back to crimson death.

normanis

Post#8 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

byt still crimson death is good better than ib
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
popperz

Post#9 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Omegus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 pm This is probably the only flat crit modifier that is multiplicative rather than additive though.
I am afraid to test Crush the Weak. I will just leave it untested. I want to believe I make an impact on enemy's dps.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Omegus

Post#10 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:55 pm

popperz wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm
Omegus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 pm This is probably the only flat crit modifier that is multiplicative rather than additive though.
I am afraid to test Crush the Weak. I will just leave it untested. I want to believe I make an impact on enemy's dps.
You do... it's just that the impact could be -4% crit in real terms rather than -20% :P

I'm curious to know if the Marauder's 10% increase to be critically hit (the penalty on Feeding on Fear tactic) is multiplicative on a class that can stack crazy init. 10% chance to be crit plus this tactic should be 20% chance to be crit... but what if it's just 11% instead?