Recent Topics

Ads

NB poll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.

Poll: would you like the nb to return? opinion poll

1 yes I would like the nb to return completely
23%
2 no, I don’t want nb to get back. blocking nb was the right decision.
56%
3 i do not care.
7%
4 I don't care, but if it returns some of the players, then I don't mind.
7%
5 I would like the sequencer to be modernized and get some of the functions that nb had (in the comments)
7%
Total votes: 259

douluc

Re: NB poll

Post#21 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:13 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:13 am
nebelwerfer wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:01 pm Op raises an important point that is there could and should have been a poll before a massive change, and feedback should have been compiled and listened to.

Such is the case with many changes, and the excellent capital city polling is a wonderful tool that is sadly underutilized. There has been two polls as far as i know, and both have been regarding pretty meaningless things and the questions were obscure.

If i was to be the community manager i would insist on using this tool to its potential to help guide the development of the game.
You make a poll when are interested in the opinion of playerbase...BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE...so, there is cero sense to make a poll about NB before blocking it.
What he said !

I'm playing since day 1 on this server, when it was only t1... but that Poll should not be !

It should be: Would you like a reset ? (+ stats reset) or a anything else, like a really good idea (from the management team) to get the old player base back !

Ads
Meliannia

Post#22 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:05 pm

daje88 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:32 pm You should add another option like "no, and effort should be made to find out who's still using it" since you can read about that on every single nb thread.
Preach it.

normanis

Post#23 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:12 pm

how many thread pages was to remove nb years ago, now is same byt to get it back. 50% playernase didnt moved away because nb was removed. some ppl left because of class balance some moved away to play something else or get private life.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sulorie

Post#24 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:15 pm

douluc wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:13 pm

I'm playing since day 1 on this server, when it was only t1... but that Poll should not be !

It should be: Would you like a reset ? (+ stats reset) or a anything else, like a really good idea (from the management team) to get the old player base back !
Like getting rid of the current player base in order to get players back, who left long ago? Sounds almost like a plan.
Dying is no option.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#25 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:21 pm

No one will publicly admit to wanting NB back. And those that never used it but were against it are against it because it was an addon you had to download. And then there was the whole misinformation about what that addon could actually do - people thought it could bypass the GCD, which is 100% false.

A lot used it, it helped people with disabilities and made a few classes' rotations lazy. Removing it hurt the population.

XIVCombo would be the modern version of "NB", and in FFXIV, their policy on addons is "As long as it's not being used to cheat or automate gameplay unattended, it's allowed."

Yes, I realize XIV is a PVE game and that's not a very fair comparison. But I think the dev team has always been a bit... unfair to those who used the program, and I think anything that detracts from population like this change did is a net detriment to the game.

People have left over NB's removal. Since RoR doesn't check retention or record any historical data regarding how many players are ingame, or how many of x class have stopped logging in after a balance change, the question of how many is unknown. I personally have experience seeing a handful quit, and if NB was kept in, that handful would still be playing, alongside all other players that didn't care. NB did not do anything but automate simplistic rotations or allow actions based on conditionals. You still had to press a button, have positional awareness, strategy and such beyond the conditionals and checks. Besides, positional checks in NB didn't work particularly well anyways as the server and client were not in agreement.

If you want my opinion, it was a bonehead move to remove NB during an overall server population decline. It did not serve the interest of the players, and every change that is implemented that detriments a blanket amount of players is overall unhealthy for the server's longterm growth.

With only 700 concurrently online in primetime hours almost 2 years after LazyPeon's video, and about 1300 last year around this time, I think the results speak for themselves, even if this forum poll does not openly state it... especially considering those who would be for its re-implementation would never touch this game's forums again due to having already quit. The poll is biased as a result.

Alfa1986

Post#26 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:33 pm

douluc wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:13 pm ]

What he said !

if you have played since t1 you should remember that it was the idea of ​​the developers themselves to do periodically reset renown levels. and I'll even tell you that one or several times this reset was on this server, in my opinion it was when the highest equipment in the game was bloodlord set. but now we have already "old mental" community. people are busy earning their own sovereign sets and meds, and they will perceive very painfully any wipe, renown lvl or equipment. it is the same as nb, if it had been banned in the beginning of this server, nobody would have bothered today.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Tankbeardz

Post#27 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:48 pm

I don't care either way but this poll will be skewed because players that left, because NB was removed, aren't going to be checking the forums for updates.

The reasoning behind the removal didn't make all that much sense to me. I used NB as a sequencer, without special conditionals, since live. If you have more than 2-3 abilities in a string it probably made you a worse player because you wouldn't have all of your skills available when you needed them.

Anyone who stuck around is likely playing at the same, or higher level, because it affected players with lower situational awareness the same as it did to players with higher situational awareness.

Also, there is a newer addon that lets people target the closest player in a group/wb with the lowest health so they can heal them. How is this different than any NB string/conditional? Eh whatever, I'll just keep doing my thing.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#28 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:49 pm

Secrets wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:21 pm With only 700 concurrently online in primetime hours almost 2 years after LazyPeon's video, and about 1300 last year around this time, I think the results speak for themselves, even if this forum poll does not openly state it... especially considering those who would be for its re-implementation would never touch this game's forums again due to having already quit. The poll is biased as a result.
Well, yes and no. The low numbers for 3 and 4 disproves your claim that it "did not serve the interest of the players". Either they didnt see a connection between NB removal and population decline, maybe they didnt see a population decline at all or they think that a loss of some population to remove NB was still worth it.
Its highly questionable how respresentative this poll is, but if you can take anything from it, then the split between 2,3 and 4.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#29 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:08 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:24 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:16 am You would have to make such a poll ingame and login, because only a fraction of the player base visits forum and those are already the more engaged people as most just login and play. Hence why there are so many questions after patches, while ppl just have to read notes for answers.

The functions the sequencer is lacking, like adding potions, were discussed extensively in other threads already, no need to make another discussion about here. :)
it doesn't matter, this is not a guide to action, but just a survey. I agree that if a person is not interested, then he will not waste time writing a comment, but ticking a poll is a matter of one second

P$
at least now we could see that the majority is really for the ban of the NB, I would like to hope that these are real 10 people and not one with 10 different accounts).
Would you say the same for any other outcome? "Oh, we need Sequencer to be more robust" >> You: I hope that is not 10 different accounts!

Your bias is showing *peek*
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#30 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:11 pm

Arbich wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:49 pm
Secrets wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:21 pm With only 700 concurrently online in primetime hours almost 2 years after LazyPeon's video, and about 1300 last year around this time, I think the results speak for themselves, even if this forum poll does not openly state it... especially considering those who would be for its re-implementation would never touch this game's forums again due to having already quit. The poll is biased as a result.
Well, yes and no. The low numbers for 3 and 4 disproves your claim that it "did not serve the interest of the players". Either they didnt see a connection between NB removal and population decline, maybe they didnt see a population decline at all or they think that a loss of some population to remove NB was still worth it.
Its highly questionable how respresentative this poll is, but if you can take anything from it, then the split between 2,3 and 4.
My point is that there has been a series of unpopular changes, the dev team knows the changes were unpopular, and they continued course hoping that those changes were a vocal minority speaking out.

When you're dealing with thousands instead of hundreds of thousands of vocal players, you can assume that any substantial volume of noise will result in a loss of players of some sorts. As developers, if you consistently do not bend to the whims of the players in a project in where you are performing a free service for them to preserve a game for them and entertain them, you are doing a disservice to everyone except your internal team of developers who want to see their ideas come to life.

Even if it's not a single event, consistently unpopular changes that affect a different small subset of players will increase the volume of dissatisfied players. As population dwindles, so do the volume of players that disagree with your methods of making decisions.

It then begs the question who you are making said changes for - the 'game's integrity', or the players?