Recent Topics

Ads

Fort defense impact city siege

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Parallell86

Fort defense impact city siege

Post#1 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:57 am

How does a fort defense somehow contribute to a city siege? You defended your fort, congratulations. But you have not made any advances towards your enemy.

Honestly I find it alot more immersive and inspiring to go on the offense for city siege. If you can just defend your way to the enemies city (which again is abit odd), people will do just that. And by people I speak of a specific realm, none mentioned.

Ads
Toshutkidup

Re: Fort defense impact city siege

Post#2 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:50 am

You can say Order man, we all know who ur talking about.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Parallell86

Post#3 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:33 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:50 am You can say Order man, we all know who ur talking about.
We all know whom I speak of for a good reason.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 am

Parallell86 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:57 am How does a fort defense somehow contribute to a city siege? You defended your fort, congratulations. But you have not made any advances towards your enemy.
You prevent your enemy advance towards you...thats your reward

Lithenir

Post#5 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:10 am

Parallell86 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:57 am How does a fort defense somehow contribute to a city siege? You defended your fort, congratulations. But you have not made any advances towards your enemy.

Honestly I find it alot more immersive and inspiring to go on the offense for city siege. If you can just defend your way to the enemies city (which again is abit odd), people will do just that. And by people I speak of a specific realm, none mentioned.
Maybe a reason for this might be, that the underpopulated realm has a chance to see the enemy city also?
It's hard enough to face the Zerg on a daily basis. And by Zerg I speak of a specific realm, none mentioned ;)

Parallell86

Post#6 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:17 pm

Lithenir wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:10 am

Maybe a reason for this might be, that the underpopulated realm has a chance to see the enemy city also?
It's hard enough to face the Zerg on a daily basis. And by Zerg I speak of a specific realm, none mentioned ;)
You victimize your realm even though order dont actually have fewer numbers just a matter of how they play. If order wants to camp between WC and Tavern in High Pass only to move towards keep as siege is inbound, that is YOUR choice. Don't blame destro for actually going out in the lake to play. I left order realm because of the damn keep wall hugging, postern hopping and camping between WC and the nearest BO. Order players come out and play only when they outnumber destro.

Your passive playstyle is getting old and boring. But it's your choice still.

Parallell86

Post#7 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:20 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 am
You prevent your enemy advance towards you...thats your reward
Yes, rewarded for being passive. Thats my entire point. But if you need to take forts to unlock city siege, how come the defender can unlock it by defending hence not making any progress at all. In that case you wouldnt need to take the forts to begin with.

The mechanic is empowering passive gameplay.

Sufferkate

Post#8 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:59 pm

Ya , I hope that's not the case. If so , they need to fix that. Only Close to even numbers fights in forts should EVER be allowed to advance to City. Any time the Attackers outnumber the Defenders 20% or greater the game should just say "Congraz, you can win vs. a lower population, But due to such facts, the game will now reset to Ostland. And at the same time... anytime you win a zone/fort with AAO you should be giving a temperary flying mount :lol:
(SADIST wb lead) TPE,RedRedKroovy,RealHorrorShow, DomiHate,Droogy,DaMachineBigBoomiesTpeDollMolokoPlus, UltraViolence,DaGreenReaper,TheOLDinOUTSufferKate,Xoz,
Banned since:3/26/22

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:48 am

Fort defenses were not intended to contribute, only fort captures.

That has been fixed in a hotfix yesterday.
Source Developer