:lol:
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Farrul

Re: Destro daily zerg

Post#72 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:03 am

Kenshiken wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:36 am
Farrul wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:09 am
Emissary wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:32 am One suggestion I would have is lower the bag count on the dominate numbered side. I have no idea how many bags are given out, but if one side is too heavily populated lower the amount of people that get bags with coinciding with whatever the debuff is.
A solid suggestion, take it one step further : let War Thorn Apathy and Against All odds affect War Crests contained in bags and zone locks. This could effectively prevent too much one-sided zerging.

In the end players need to ask themselves, do they enjoy just stomping the numerically inferior side for easy rewards or would they prefer a real battle most of the time.
Game would never be balanced. As a player, you need to accept it, and ideally, you himself need to work toward this "balance". You can't win every time.
You just need to take reins in your hands and try to lead a PUG WB semi-organized, create proper 2-2-2, etc.

I am playing only Order myself but I would feel bad if all my effort to organize all sort of shenanigans (Organized WBS, PUG WBs, coordinate WBs across the chats, etc) would be equalized in "debuff zerging side".
Destro melee train is hard to stop, it's true. But at least try to do something with it?

I can't remember for past 2 weeks (I am not always online, I hope there was probably some attempts) if Order try to work against those blobs. It usually "give up" situation, even in Organized WBs because they don't want to coordinate with other WBs.
Whilst ultimately this is player driven, truth is that there are still many things the devs can implement to help allivieate the situation.

I've lived through a couple of these population shifts in my time here so this isn't an Order specific issue, sooner or later it will likely shift again and then Destro will be farmed. The only thing about Order vs Destro is the fact that for some reason (here the devs can look at class balance) the melee meta is strong for destro while Order tend to go heavily on ranged classes, thus making life really hard for the fewer Order tanks/melee dps unless they are very well organized.

Most humans will take the path of least resistance if given a choice and currently this snowballs into players picking the destro realm, thus by introducing more resistance( i.e hit where it hurts, war crests income) this could make the mindless herds reconsider(regardless of side).

Martok

Post#73 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:11 pm

Jeromas wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:39 pmLets, for argument sake, say youre right about order did the same some time ago and now its destro. (would argue that its all the same ppl just on different toons).

What you describe tends to be standard fare around here, players mass to one side until whatever carrot is acquired and then switch to other toons. For those who remember when Conqueror Gear was first introduced, what happened then is a fitting example of this doctrine in practice.
Last edited by Martok on Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

nurse3766

Post#74 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:31 pm

kurtcaceres wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:10 am
nurse3766 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:57 pm I have left order because there are almost never any pug wbs. When i joined the server a couple yrs ago there were, but that seems to be over now. I go on destro and theres at least 3 usually like 6 pug wbs. Its a grouping game and sadly nobody wants to run pug wb on order.
Ive been on destro about a week now and i have never had to wait for a wb.
Until you can somehow motivate ppl to run pugs on order then this is what it is.
I agree with this, but its because imo and experience, the mentality of Order players is elitist and bougie unlike destro. Order only runs little private groups that leave out new players or players not in the "cool kids" guilds. There are never PUG wbs forming because order players are to busy only running with their clique and hence segregates the faction during times of war. This is why Order fails so often. Destro has more success because their WBs often are open to everyone and there is mass communication during sieges.
I agree 100%. Destro is 100% newb friendly.

Sugaree

Post#75 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:46 am

C'mon Destro, you can get to 66% pop! I believe in you! :roll:

Scottx125

Post#76 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:55 am

Spoiler:
Sugaree wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:46 am Image
They did it... Order is literally bottled in their WC's unable to do anything to stop zone pushes.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Nolofinwe

Post#77 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:42 am

nurse3766 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:31 pm
nurse3766 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:57 pm I have left order because there are almost never any pug wbs. When i joined the server a couple yrs ago there were, but that seems to be over now. I go on destro and theres at least 3 usually like 6 pug wbs. Its a grouping game and sadly nobody wants to run pug wb on order.
Ive been on destro about a week now and i have never had to wait for a wb.
Until you can somehow motivate ppl to run pugs on order then this is what it is.
I agree with this, but its because imo and experience, the mentality of Order players is elitist and bougie unlike destro. Order only runs little private groups that leave out new players or players not in the "cool kids" guilds. There are never PUG wbs forming because order players are to busy only running with their clique and hence segregates the faction during times of war. This is why Order fails so often. Destro has more success because their WBs often are open to everyone and there is mass communication during sieges.
This happens so often I can't even begin to describe my frustration, though I have never played destro since I started here in February since I am an Order player since I started in Vanilla back in... god knows when.

Last night (GMT) I had the urge to uninstall the game, despite my massive love of it and Warhammer Fantasy as a whole. Not because we got farmed throughout the whole night, barely able to leave the WC, which makes it a REALLY FUN experience, not because we were literally unable to play the game on an equal footing, but because of the Order player's attitudes.

I got to lead an order pug (god help us all) with my rr62 SM, and there was a lvl 40 tank that was refusing to guard lower leveled players because it was "a waste of his time". On Saturday there were lvl 40's in T2 Elf who were refusing to join with pug's that had people under level 30, and I was kicked out of a few of those while I was leveling up.

And THEN they **** complain about Destro numbers.
Lithlandis - Swordmaster
Ruandil - Shadow Warrior
Tholric - Warrior Priest

Garamore

Post#78 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:02 am

Part of it is the weekly - i am guilty of following the masses during the day to get the weekly done on 3-4 chars
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
agemennon675

Post#79 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:45 am

Nolofinwe wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:42 am
nurse3766 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:31 pm

This happens so often I can't even begin to describe my frustration, though I have never played destro since I started here in February since I am an Order player since I started in Vanilla back in... god knows when.

Last night (GMT) I had the urge to uninstall the game, despite my massive love of it and Warhammer Fantasy as a whole. Not because we got farmed throughout the whole night, barely able to leave the WC, which makes it a REALLY FUN experience, not because we were literally unable to play the game on an equal footing, but because of the Order player's attitudes.

I got to lead an order pug (god help us all) with my rr62 SM, and there was a lvl 40 tank that was refusing to guard lower leveled players because it was "a waste of his time". On Saturday there were lvl 40's in T2 Elf who were refusing to join with pug's that had people under level 30, and I was kicked out of a few of those while I was leveling up.

And THEN they **** complain about Destro numbers.
FYI I am not trying to defend that one tank refusing to guard low level player in that party here, they shouldn't be joining an open warband with that attitude but how the game works encourage that kind of behaviour. Tanks get contribution from guarding, kills dmg dealt etc. crests, contribution and renown drops for the party that deals most dmg so if you are in a warband and your party have bad/low level gear dps as a tank/healer you get almost nothing its a waste of time.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

nurse3766

Post#80 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:25 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:55 am
Spoiler:
Sugaree wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:46 am Image
They did it... Order is literally bottled in their WC's unable to do anything to stop zone pushes.
you realize this is order toons xrelming for free bags right? it happens to both sides. it happens almost every seige. dont take those number too seriously. pick the side you like or do like i did, pick the side thats willing to group up and do stuff. ill keep on puggin on whichever side is pug friendly, which right now is destro.