Recent Topics

Ads

increase XP from 15-40 ?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Avantis

increase XP from 15-40 ?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:46 am

Hello,

I am an old player from War, but i feel the xp grind for new player is terribly boring...
You are basically useless and cannot feel that much pleasure IG until you hit 40 where the real game start.

In official servers, most of people could fast XP accross some QP and PL in order to reach PVP / RVR.

Recently, two of my friends arrived, they are trying to reach lvl 40 but get paradoxally stuck for long PVE, scenario where they get bullied and get 2000 xp for 10 minutes watching yourself getting killed.

I can feel they will probably leave at this rythme before even enjoying endgame.

What is the point of reducing capacity of people to reach 40 quickly ? They will just leave...

Also, it is interesting to try many class and have many rerolls level 40, but here is totally boring...
I know some people like the 1 - 15 area for pvp, so what about having 15-40 to be far far far faster xp ???

I don't speak about RR , i just speak about xp :( To let new people reach more easely endgame :(

Ads
Detangler

Re: Shall we drastically increase XP from 15-40 ?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:09 am

scenarios are a great way to level where its a bit more fair of a playing field from 16-39. get gear at your level, slot talismans, and wreck stuff.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 am

Exp gain compared to renown gain is pretty big, all renown punishing mechanics should be removed. Red-Eye should be under lvl 40 set, conqueror as well. Make Vanq/Opp new rr45 sets pls!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:21 am

It takes four (won) scenarios to gain one level. Three easy PQs for one level.
XP rewards for questing are so high it's a mistake to do them before hitting level 40.
Finishing T1 takes one evening. Getting from 16 to 40 can be done in a matter of few days.

If anything I'd love to see the return of XP reduction scrolls (limited to pve since the great mid tier premade drama).
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Nameless

Post#5 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:49 am

As ppl said exp from scens is huge. Beside there are quite alot travel quests which gives good amount of gold and tons of exp.

But rushing to 40 imo is mistake, enjoy mid tear scens cos the fight there is nothing like t4 scens. And try to be at least rr50+ when enter t4 to ease the transition
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Sulorie

Post#6 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:40 am

Why you want them to reach 40 quickly, so they get farmed in r40 SC?
The class rank is the least reason why new players feel weak and rushing to 40 won't change the results, one could say it becomes even more challenging. :)
Dying is no option.

Phantasm

Post#7 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:07 am

Avantis wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:46 am Hello,

I am an old player from War, but i feel the xp grind for new player is terribly boring...
You are basically useless and cannot feel that much pleasure IG until you hit 40 where the real game start.

In official servers, most of people could fast XP accross some QP and PL in order to reach PVP / RVR.

Recently, two of my friends arrived, they are trying to reach lvl 40 but get paradoxally stuck for long PVE, scenario where they get bullied and get 2000 xp for 10 minutes watching yourself getting killed.

I can feel they will probably leave at this rythme before even enjoying endgame.

What is the point of reducing capacity of people to reach 40 quickly ? They will just leave...

Also, it is interesting to try many class and have many rerolls level 40, but here is totally boring...
I know some people like the 1 - 15 area for pvp, so what about having 15-40 to be far far far faster xp ???

I don't speak about RR , i just speak about xp :( To let new people reach more easely endgame :(
I understand all real content for RoR players starts at rank 40, LOTD, Warbands in lakes, city etc., but keep in mind if you rush your ranks and leave renown ranks behind you will end up in very strange situation.

Actually thats what I did on my current character:
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... er/2328534
I went mostly (scenarios around 80 total) and exp grind killing mobs, because Mara is quite easy to powerlevel. And after week my char is rank 40 and renown 33. What that means?
  • I got no RR to spec offensively or defensively as most rr60 chars - im mostly useless in pvp
  • I got very limited gear options which force me to do even more PVE to get better gear (gunbad, City dungeon, HV, Bastion Stairs)
  • I excluded myself from all /5 groups requiring rr60+ for joining
But im experienced player, i know how to gear up and to get RR, so thats not the problem. Can you say that new players will get fun knowing all above?

BluIzLucky

Post#8 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:18 am

Avantis wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:46 am
Spoiler:
Hello,

1. Level (CR) 40 is not the endgame (except for PvP Dungeons), Renown Rank 80 is. Getting to CR40 faster will just make the experience for newbies even worse, as once you hit CR40 you now lose all bolster in RvR and get matched against +R80s in SC.

2. Once you make alts, chances are you'll be in "Rested XP Bonus (+100% XP)" mode until you hit CR40.

3. If anything, it would be much better to increase Renown gain, over last couple of years there's been some nerfs and some buffs, but overall I'd say it's down especially for new players that don't get anywhere near as many kills as veteran premade players.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Florian90210

Post#9 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:38 am

Just take your friends with you to RvR lakes and kill soloers. or Tell them to join Zorbaxx/Dreameyes pug wbs.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:47 am

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:21 am It takes four (won) scenarios to gain one level. Three easy PQs for one level.
XP rewards for questing are so high it's a mistake to do them before hitting level 40.
Finishing T1 takes one evening. Getting from 16 to 40 can be done in a matter of few days.

If anything I'd love to see the return of XP reduction scrolls (limited to pve since the great mid tier premade drama).
i agree with everything here except "finishing t1 takes one evening". i created SH recently and got to lvl 15 after 6hours of gameplay time. but i guess that's because rvr lakes were pretty much empty because we outnumbered order by big margin, while scenarios popped slowly and i lost like 70% of them. still 1.7 KD so pretty good i guess.

concerning original post: do you friends play tank/healer or dps? if they play dps, then there's no fun they can have untill they get BIS which takes more than 100 hours of gameplay time. i'd understand this game being a grindy pos if devs were collecting sub fee - like EA originally did - but there's no need for that anymore. ofcourse now gm will come and explain to me how grinding is actually a fun gameplay element to fight corporate greed. :lol: