Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caduceus

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#331 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:05 pm

hordak774 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:46 pm I want to know one thing - Why sorc st abilities have only one type of damage, but BW have 2 type dots corporel, st abilities elemental. Its reduces BW st damage in 20-30 % about so. Why its not all just BW ST damage just corporel ?!
Sorc single target damage consists of spirit and corporeal damage.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
hordak774

Post#332 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:44 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:05 pm
hordak774 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:46 pm I want to know one thing - Why sorc st abilities have only one type of damage, but BW have 2 type dots corporel, st abilities elemental. Its reduces BW st damage in 20-30 % about so. Why its not all just BW ST damage just corporel ?!
nope its only spirit st damage

Caduceus

Post#333 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:39 pm

hordak774 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:44 pm
Ice Spikes, Chillwind, Frozen Touch, Absorb Vitality, Echo of Power, Frost Bite, Chilling Gusts, Doombolt - all Corporeal.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

lumpi33

Post#334 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:59 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:39 pm

Ice Spikes, Chillwind, Frozen Touch, Absorb Vitality, Echo of Power, Frost Bite, Chilling Gusts, Doombolt - all Corporeal.
The stuff for time stamping sorcs is mostly spirit. Sorcs have the highest ST rotation. That they are around 20% higher than BWs in ST is true. Streamers like Zarbix that have a 80+ sov sorc and bw were showing it on stream. ST killing is easier with sorc.

githappens

Post#335 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:10 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:59 pm
The stuff for time stamping sorcs is mostly spirit. Sorcs have the highest ST rotation. That they are around 20% higher than BWs in ST is true. Streamers like Zarbix that have a 80+ sov sorc and bw were showing it on stream. ST killing is easier with sorc.
ST killing with sorc is easier, but because of zealot M1.

lumpi33

Post#336 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:16 pm

githappens wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:10 pm

That's not the reason for their higher ST damage.

Tastykate

Post#337 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:20 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:16 pm
githappens wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:10 pm
That's not the reason for their higher ST damage.
BW got da better AOE

Tesq

Post#338 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:22 pm

bw get heal debuff an rK, if target is unguard kill with sorc is easier the same way is easier kill unguarded stuff with wl....

Ads
nat3s

Post#339 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:45 am

normanis wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:13 pm
nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:45 am
normanis wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:55 pm not mention that on live 100rr ppl farmed all low characters (like now is diferent) u mixed 2 gears and mostly solo all. just need look some youtube videos 100rr dok dps or something in that stile. also previous gm team under azoreal said that there will be no so big gear diference between gears on ror. (cant say it is like that or not, after annihilator and ruin nerf lol who even whear ruin now for so long that u with ease kill full sov char) this all togather with all gear mix its just normal nerf aoe to9-12 or nerf abilities.
i would nerf sovereign, if gear like ruin get nerf

This has always confused me, you want power creep, you want people who are high rr/geared to stomp low geared/rr. It provides a strong carrot for lowbies to shoot for + feels like a sensse of progression to reach that point for the high rr/gear.

No idea why people pander to those with fragile egos who demand immediate parity with vets after hitting 40/40, it's just nonsense game design and if the gap is close, nobody really cares for the long journey to rr100/full sov as it doesn't feel as meaningful, people just quit quickly that way.

CCP (developers of Eve Online) who go out of there way to implement strict data driven designs, revealed recently that new players who die and lose their gear in low sec actually STICK AROUND LONGER, because they have a sense of what it means to have a high SP character. It's an immediate reward hook, people want to reach that high level... Problem is people campaign to reach that level quickly, but don't realise it diminishes the reward and journey hugely to an extent that many don't care to embark on it!

It's not about the destination its all about the journey in an MMO. Once you get there, surprisingly, people get bored quickly.
dont see sov ppl bored with killing.
so basicly if i understand corectly, its good idea that devs nerfed ruin/anni/merce/domi/conq gear by 10-20% so ppl has always carrot to get better gear? why than decimator has 3 parts? u can even mix in t1 2 gears (belt) so why not disable ruin and anni/merce gear complitly and run around in duelist??? in t4 than your givved carot will be bigger :lol:
like ppl are not bored if they are constant stomped by athers and only way how to reach next level gear is joining in blob , because u cant kill noone. maby some lucky kills. also strict city/rvr askings 70+rr is welcome in wb. i wonder way their board is so lifted up? maby because they whant easy fights and not help new/old player alts to get decent gear??? its leads also to next ror problem we need lasy peons to get population boost. we dont have voting so ppl join here (as wow have) we have 2-3k ppl i wonder whre are they?? maby their gears wasnt nerfed harder shield +sword and gogogogogo rest u will get after 70

No, my point is with respect to opening up rr100 progression. Longer journey, bigger hook and whilst the additional renown points would widen the gap between a fresh 40/40 and a 40/100, it's the type of gap you want to feel meaningful imo. It's also a wave of fresh content, game needs new levels for players to shoot for.

In terms of gear set, I think the gap between sets is too great and there isn't a nice smooth curve, there is room for tweaks to even out the balance whilst maintaining strong sense of progression. I think ruin, anni, merc et all could be a bit stronger and invader could be redesigned with better stats/bonuses as, other than choppa/slayer, it's a bit meh.

Personally, I don't get bored if as a lowbie I get stomped or my dps tickles others, it incentivises me to put in the effort to reach a point where I can stomp too i.e. a progression hook.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Sinisterror

Post#340 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:06 am

nat3s wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:45 am
normanis wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:13 pm
nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:45 am

This has always confused me, you want power creep, you want people who are high rr/geared to stomp low geared/rr. It provides a strong carrot for lowbies to shoot for + feels like a sensse of progression to reach that point for the high rr/gear.

No idea why people pander to those with fragile egos who demand immediate parity with vets after hitting 40/40, it's just nonsense game design and if the gap is close, nobody really cares for the long journey to rr100/full sov as it doesn't feel as meaningful, people just quit quickly that way.

CCP (developers of Eve Online) who go out of there way to implement strict data driven designs, revealed recently that new players who die and lose their gear in low sec actually STICK AROUND LONGER, because they have a sense of what it means to have a high SP character. It's an immediate reward hook, people want to reach that high level... Problem is people campaign to reach that level quickly, but don't realise it diminishes the reward and journey hugely to an extent that many don't care to embark on it!

It's not about the destination its all about the journey in an MMO. Once you get there, surprisingly, people get bored quickly.
dont see sov ppl bored with killing.
so basicly if i understand corectly, its good idea that devs nerfed ruin/anni/merce/domi/conq gear by 10-20% so ppl has always carrot to get better gear? why than decimator has 3 parts? u can even mix in t1 2 gears (belt) so why not disable ruin and anni/merce gear complitly and run around in duelist??? in t4 than your givved carot will be bigger :lol:
like ppl are not bored if they are constant stomped by athers and only way how to reach next level gear is joining in blob , because u cant kill noone. maby some lucky kills. also strict city/rvr askings 70+rr is welcome in wb. i wonder way their board is so lifted up? maby because they whant easy fights and not help new/old player alts to get decent gear??? its leads also to next ror problem we need lasy peons to get population boost. we dont have voting so ppl join here (as wow have) we have 2-3k ppl i wonder whre are they?? maby their gears wasnt nerfed harder shield +sword and gogogogogo rest u will get after 70

No, my point is with respect to opening up rr100 progression. Longer journey, bigger hook and whilst the additional renown points would widen the gap between a fresh 40/40 and a 40/100, it's the type of gap you want to feel meaningful imo. It's also a wave of fresh content, game needs new levels for players to shoot for.

In terms of gear set, I think the gap between sets is too great and there isn't a nice smooth curve, there is room for tweaks to even out the balance whilst maintaining strong sense of progression. I think ruin, anni, merc et all could be a bit stronger and invader could be redesigned with better stats/bonuses as, other than choppa/slayer, it's a bit meh.

Personally, I don't get bored if as a lowbie I get stomped or my dps tickles others, it incentivises my to put in the effort to reach a point where I can stomp too i.e. a progression hook.
+2 career points back to 5th piece reward on merce/anni/ruin and crit back to 4th. Also Deva/Duelist should be r20rr20 and merc/anni should be r30rr30. Then drop Conq to Rank 32-35rr35 and Red-Eye as well to R32-35. Make Vanquisher/Oppressor new rr45 set and make it impossible to ding r40 without rr45. After they removed -xp scroll just by doing Scenarios 3 chars ive leveled, all have been under rr35 when dinging 40. And this is just doing scs no rvr. Have no real motivation to play any of those chars anymore=) This is not a good sign when someone who has played WAR since 2008 loses interest when dinging lvl 40. Double renown gains everywhere.

And this would make room for new rr50-60 set or sets. Something that should drop in RvR/Scs's and utilize Influence rewards better, is so weird that rr38 is the highest you can have from Inf.

Maybe give us 100 renown points to use at rr 80. You are lvl 41 when you ding rr80. Live had bolster to lvl45 in rvr/scs if you are under rr80. rr84 you are lvl 42 etc. But in RoR maybe make under rr50 char's bolstered to lvl 41 if no vangquisher/oppressor at rr45. And when rr40 lvl 40 you would have 50rr points to use, and get another extra 10 at rr50. You would have 70 rr points to use at rr-50 and 100 when rr-80.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz