Recent Topics

Ads

Khorne Armor

Let's talk about... everything else
UltraPrimarch

Khorne Armor

Post#1 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:18 am

Since another, older thread about this armor is being closed, i had to open a new one in order to ask if the implementation of the BS or the T4 Garrison of Skulls Lord's armor is still out of the question, cause both are one hell of a piece!! Afterall, if im not mistaken, we have long time now available for players most, if not all, of other races T4 Keep Lord's sets.

Thanks.
No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Ads
Abrax

Re: Khorne Armor

Post#2 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 am

I think there has been other posts explaining they weren't planned due to conflicts with lore?

But at this point in the life of the server I feel it's also important to ask what's more important, keeping it 100% lore friendly or giving more freedom to the playerbase that's likely bored of the very limited available choices for fashion, which is endgame for many.

In the end this is a free project, and the devs have all the right to keep to their own vision, but it would be also practical to ask if people would like to have more of these armors added or not.

I also think making separate cosmetic items with unique looks as an endgame shop that players can gring could be fun.
- NPC Armors
- Unique Armor Alternatives

But I am also afraid it might be just a safety protocol to not add them - because if any new plans come up in the future, it's much worse to take away these items from people who already worked for them, and there's still infinite amount of good future content that can be added with these items as rewards, so giving them out short-term for a large set of cosmetics shop could damage long-term plans for more rewarding and hype events or content releases.
WAAAAAAAAAAGH!

nocturnalguest

Post#3 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:42 am

Nah, cosmetics has nothing to do with lore, safety protocols or whatever other crap ppl invent.

Its technical issues to implement them and year by year team was actually explaining everything in details again and again. Like there are few tiers of Hammerer gear in game that somehow weren't cut off in official game, while other cosmetics have issues, so they not making hammerer gear go live cause like why only dwarfs getting things. Some totally new textures have been made and tried out, there are old SSs with Nurgle armor for chosen (it had open maw on belly). Problems are: no proper textures for NPC stuff (thats why no NPC stuff can be easily remade and launched live, like armors arent divided piece by piece going out as a single chunk of stuff), lack of stuff for all classes more or less justly spread around (this is biggest political issue why they dont launch cosmetic gear that is actually already in game, like hammerer stuff) and lack of manpower to fix how textures are applied (this is biggest technical issue, take a closer look into all the "new" event cloaks, they are basically recolour of boring plain simple shaped cloak, rest is done making few parts invisible etc, they atm cant easily implement additional elements into a boring plain simple shaped cloak, like skulls on shoulders etc)
Last edited by nocturnalguest on Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltraPrimarch

Post#4 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:44 am

Abrax wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 am ...so giving them out short-term for a large set of cosmetics shop could damage long-term plans for more rewarding and hype events or content releases.
What future plans you mean m8, besides unlocking what is already ingame, which will come in conflict with giving us more npc sets? And about the events, well, this server is being around for quite some time now, and we had tons of them, so maybe think of add them at some point soon? You had me confused, cause you talk like the server is 1 or 2 years old, only.
The real question is if its technically available to add them, otherwise its a matter of decision on how and when, imhao.

Abrax

Post#5 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:47 am

UltraPrimarch wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:44 am What future plans you mean m8, besides unlocking what is already ingame, which will come in conflict with giving us more npc sets? And about the events, well, this server is being around for quite some time now, and we had tons of them, so maybe think of add them at some point soon? You had me confused, cause you talk like the server is 1 or 2 years old, only.
The real question is if its technically available to add them, otherwise its a matter of decision on how and when, imhao.
I don't understand the sarcasm, you just answered your own question.

If it is avaialble - it is a matter of how and when, and if they have grander plans in the future - it might be better to hold them back for those plans / events to make them more satisfying.

Doesn't matter how old the server is - it's nowhere near ready, so that's totally besides the point.
WAAAAAAAAAAGH!

UltraPrimarch

Post#6 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:53 am

Abrax wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:47 am I don't understand the sarcasm, you just answered your own question.
No sarcasm at all, and i answered to what you replied... my question still remains though @nocturnalguest gave a solid answer on what the real problem is... :cry:

Abrax

Post#7 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:22 am

Based on past decisions and communications I don't think it's a mainly technical problem ( could still be wrong here as they haven't said it 100% )

They have removed a lot of cross-class armor as well due to players "mistaking" classes in PvP, even though you can disable enemy appearances. There are a lot of items available that have been removed in the past - so unless they completely deleted them, there's definitely more than what nocturnal said in their reply and there's something else behind this all.
WAAAAAAAAAAGH!

nocturnalguest

Post#8 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:52 am

Abrax wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:22 am Based on past decisions and communications I don't think it's a mainly technical problem ( could still be wrong here as they haven't said it 100% )

They have removed a lot of cross-class armor as well due to players "mistaking" classes in PvP, even though you can disable enemy appearances. There are a lot of items available that have been removed in the past - so unless they completely deleted them, there's definitely more than what nocturnal said in their reply and there's something else behind this all.
Nah, no need to build conspiracy theories. They'd like to have a system working which is currently none existant, but its all overlaps, technical problems (ofc they are solvable)&lack of manpower&political reasons to not introduce single piece of gear without wholesome system of cosmetics. Pretty obvious to me. And obviously if not technical issues first and foremost there would be a volunteer inside team to launch cool cosmetics project, why not. Technical issues lead to expendures of manpower resources that are extremely lacking (technically very easy ability system rework is still not finished lol) plus if you add 1 cosmetics the whine for more would be insane, so need system policy for cosmetics.

NPC textures usually go as a single model (like a skin in MOBAs) and not divided into different pieces. Not each NPC item is like that obviously, however this obstacle is not helping them to launch a cosmetics project.
No tools to work on implementing textures easily. Afaik the only real "new" textures here are fort weapons (and shields for BG&SM now, but i dunno much about those), i dont know how exactly they have been added but i do know they did struggle with it. Obviously without proper tools making it easy process why they would bother.

Politics plays huge role as well. Introduce khorne armor and then listen to continius whine why no hammerer gear, plate armors for SM, you name it? Ofc they dont want that

Ads
zgolec

Post#9 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:19 pm

UltraPrimarch wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:18 am Since another, older thread about this armor is being closed, i had to open a new one in order to ask if the implementation of the BS or the T4 Garrison of Skulls Lord's armor is still out of the question, cause both are one hell of a piece!! Afterall, if im not mistaken, we have long time now available for players most, if not all, of other races T4 Keep Lord's sets.

Thanks.
...with that add as well plate armor for SM from one of elven t4 keeps and dual wield WL.

...ok? :D
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:52 pm

most unique cosmetic gear was removed unfortunately, they made the argument that it was for identification reasons which is odd when you can just turn off alt appearances for enemies