Recent Topics

Ads

WL - new patch testing - AP issue

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Ninjagon

WL - new patch testing - AP issue

Post#1 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:34 pm

Hi.
I was testing BiS rr 80+ White Lion in event scenario after patch (Doomfist Crater) today.
We had KotBS with AP aura ON and healers with some AP boots tactics in group. I was using the best AP potions in the game (+183 AP ones) on CD.

The battle shifted from "DPS on enemies" fight to "get your action points to be able to play" fight.

The AP cost for important AOE ability Slashing Blade is 50 now and even with (must have) tactic Hack and Slash, it's 35 AP which is DOUBLE the cost before patch.
We played usually against good setup with some AP drain.

In a fight, I was usually out of any AP within 10-15 seconds, then I used AP potion and in next 10 sec I was dry and unable to use any actions, except morale.
Speaking of morale, WL lost his M2 (1200 instant front dmg) which was replaced with Flying Axe (1200 front dmg over 9 sec) - which kills virtually no one.

The personal experience was like you are watching your enemy target with 5-10% HP and you are unable to finish him, because you have zero action points.

There is another issue with catching shamies by Pounce. Now, even with Loner tactic (you play without your lion), the Pounce CD is 10 sec. After you pounce, you have small 3 sec movement boost +35%. In reality, that is still not enough to catch a shaman running away from you - he run faster than you, and after pounce you need to wait 1 global cooldown and you cannot apply Cleave Limb - 40% speed debuf fast enough. So the shaman will run away anyway and you cannot stop/slow him. It was only possible with multiple jumps (Pounce with no CD).

I hope for the positive balance changes in the future patch. WL needs them.
Last edited by Ninjagon on Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ads
Everdin

Re: WL - new patch testing

Post#2 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:45 pm

Something to add:

After the punce 1 or 1,5 sec of the speed buff is hanging in the air waiting for the landing, felt a lot longer then before, but was pain in the backside before as well
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

vanbuinen77

Re: WL - new patch testing - AP issue

Post#3 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:01 pm

Try using ap items, it helps
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Lithenir

Post#4 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:52 pm

I know I won't make many friends on this server with saying this, but I am happy about any change that nerfs the AoE Meta.

Saying this I probably won't feel much difference tbh.

Ninjagon

Post#5 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:12 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:01 pm Try using ap items, it helps
I am using best AP pots (+183) literally on CD. Helps a bit just for next channel. Then the issue is back.

There is also a new BUG, about no AP regeneration from items during channeling. FIX is pending, check this:
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=21632
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

MedV

Post#6 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:48 am

The slow push to make it so you can only play Slayer or Choppa as DPS.
The King.

ShadowWar

Post#7 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:58 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:12 pm
I am using best AP pots (+183) literally on CD. Helps a bit just for next channel. Then the issue is back.

There is also a new BUG, about no AP regeneration from items during channeling. FIX is pending, check this:
The AP needs for WL AoE is SUPER high now. We tried running with one of our BiS WL's with me on knight with AP aura, and even with all the AP pots and stuff, he was still sucking wind quickly. I *think* the Ironbreaker AP pump worked a little better, which makes sense as it's for only one target instead of the Knight's aura. All in all, WL AoE is going to take a lot of coordination to be sustainable for sure.

IndiscreetJewels

Post#8 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:31 pm

ShadowWar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:58 pm

The AP needs for WL AoE is SUPER high now. We tried running with one of our BiS WL's with me on knight with AP aura, and even with all the AP pots and stuff, he was still sucking wind quickly. I *think* the Ironbreaker AP pump worked a little better, which makes sense as it's for only one target instead of the Knight's aura. All in all, WL AoE is going to take a lot of coordination to be sustainable for sure.
One of our WLs was heartbroken after the update that his favorite build (the loner AoE one) didn't work anymore, so I took him to a training dummy, made him spend all his AP and did IB things (both the single target and the Told Ya So party AP pump tactic). That calmed him down somewhat. We then did a SC party with me on IB, and a WP that ran AP on heal tactic, and that made him entirely happy. We then tried to coordinate a bit, I asked him to let me know when his most intense AP use is so I can pop the single target AP pump and hit things exactly at that time. We steamrolled a couple of SCs with him doing top damage by a good margin (50k+) and got steamrolled when a better premade then ours showed up.

This leads me to think that this is a good change. In my experience (as described above) it encourages interaction, communication and coordination among players, which is a good thing. It also encourages you as WL to plan and adapt to the situations you expect to encounter: if you are going to solo and can't count on group support, don't expect to do well in a spec that seems to be more suitable for party WB play. I believe there are functional WL specs right now that allow you to do quite impressive single target burst, has some crowd control through pet and don't require the same group support, which seems like a better fit for solo play.

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#9 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:33 am

IndiscreetJewels wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:31 pm
ShadowWar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:58 pm

One of our WLs was heartbroken after the update that his favorite build (the loner AoE one) didn't work anymore, so I took him to a training dummy, made him spend all his AP and did IB things (both the single target and the Told Ya So party AP pump tactic). That calmed him down somewhat. We then did a SC party with me on IB, and a WP that ran AP on heal tactic, and that made him entirely happy. We then tried to coordinate a bit, I asked him to let me know when his most intense AP use is so I can pop the single target AP pump and hit things exactly at that time. We steamrolled a couple of SCs with him doing top damage by a good margin (50k+) and got steamrolled when a better premade then ours showed up.

This leads me to think that this is a good change. In my experience (as described above) it encourages interaction, communication and coordination among players, which is a good thing. It also encourages you as WL to plan and adapt to the situations you expect to encounter: if you are going to solo and can't count on group support, don't expect to do well in a spec that seems to be more suitable for party WB play. I believe there are functional WL specs right now that allow you to do quite impressive single target burst, has some crowd control through pet and don't require the same group support, which seems like a better fit for solo play.
He couldn't run the spec where you ignore half your class mechanic and spam 3 buttons? Oh the humanity.

Tesq

Post#10 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:36 pm

it' not a wl problem, my bg being the same, something changed with the patch i assume on top of ap wl changes.
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.