Recent Topics

Ads

options for 1vx in current meta

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: options for 1vx in current meta

Post#31 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:44 am

Obviously SH is a stronger pick going by real performance data of classes during 2024

The lonly SH outlier is likely Teefz https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/character/75837 Click solo kills only and marvel

The "unkillable" def we myth is not present in data and the only one that is unkillable is as unkillable on WH :D :D :D :D :D

Ps. That it is a strong build is not in question but there are several other classes on both sides that can be as good or more effective going by the bst players and their actual performance (data)

A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Farrul

Post#32 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:49 pm

Pahakukka wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:55 pm
Mortgrimm wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:25 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:05 pm Way too many complicated answers here. It's simple, really.

Regen witchbrew WE
Everyone else.

WE doesn't have to fight shams or regen marauders, so literally every class you find you can kill with ease. Cant die to anything 1v1 unless you seriously screw up bad. Start to get into trouble? Stagger and vanish. Reset, finish them off. Insane self sustain, damage, x2 heal debuffs, and all the escape tools you would ever need. 'Why is this still even allowed?' should be the real question.
Totally right. You can´t kill them and they don´t loose anything in dmg even full regen.
For me it would be either u go regen and loose a lot of dmg or u prefer dealing dmg but then without regen. In this case just remove Grimshimmer and Fleshrender from the game or just the regen stat. But those changes will never happen.

So if someone wanna solo roam and kill ... go for the regen witchbrew WE. Nothing else can beat it.
Im in favor of removing or tuning down the grimmshimmer. I think we had topic about it year ish ago or so. ppl werew strongly against. IMO its just way too much regen and pretty decent wounds too for the item rank/how hard it is to get.
Removing regen only means healers (AM/Shaman) would kill everyone else. You sacrifice stats and set bonus to get grimmer but i suppose it could be reduced a bit.

However the issue with Regen WE is not this one item stat but the mechanics of Witchbrew itself. Supplemented by extremely powerful utility.

As been suggested many times before, make Witchbrew scale with strength like pretty much any other ability in the game ( str/bal/intel). Why should this be an exception? It needs a fix.

akisnaakkeli

Post#33 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:47 pm

Farrul wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:49 pm
Pahakukka wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:55 pm
Mortgrimm wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:25 pm

Totally right. You can´t kill them and they don´t loose anything in dmg even full regen.
For me it would be either u go regen and loose a lot of dmg or u prefer dealing dmg but then without regen. In this case just remove Grimshimmer and Fleshrender from the game or just the regen stat. But those changes will never happen.

So if someone wanna solo roam and kill ... go for the regen witchbrew WE. Nothing else can beat it.
Im in favor of removing or tuning down the grimmshimmer. I think we had topic about it year ish ago or so. ppl werew strongly against. IMO its just way too much regen and pretty decent wounds too for the item rank/how hard it is to get.
Removing regen only means healers (AM/Shaman) would kill everyone else. You sacrifice stats and set bonus to get grimmer but i suppose it could be reduced a bit.

However the issue with Regen WE is not this one item stat but the mechanics of Witchbrew itself. Supplemented by extremely powerful utility.

As been suggested many times before, make Witchbrew scale with strength like pretty much any other ability in the game ( str/bal/intel). Why should this be an exception? It needs a fix.
Making Witchbrew,Leonine Frenzy and Shades of Death scale with mainstat means they can be countered by toughness as well do critical dmg. I agree change all those skills to scale with Mainstat and do Critical dmg. Grimshimmer should have max 100 regen and pocket item lowered by half.

Farrul

Post#34 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:08 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:47 pmMaking Witchbrew,Leonine Frenzy and Shades of Death scale with mainstat means they can be countered by toughness as well do critical dmg. I agree change all those skills to scale with Mainstat and do Critical dmg. Grimshimmer should have max 100 regen and pocket item lowered by half.
White lions , sorcs , well every spec i can think of in this game are forced to build mainstat if they want to produce any meaningful dps. I don't regard these abilities as a balance problem. If they started to scale it wouldn't change the itemization of these classes.

Witchbrew allows the def WE( hence the wording) to go full def, toughness, def stats stacking and when you combine that with a powerful absorb tactic, healing kisses, stealth, multiple ways to reset combat and damage that can't really be mitigated much ( since it is corporeal and ignores toughness/armor) you get this absurd def spec.

Point is building offensive stats means there must be a considerable sacrifice in the defences, there lies the balance. Witchbrew def WE breaks that balance since they have absurd defences for a character that still does considerable damage, with stealth and a - 75% healing debuff as the cherry on top.

akisnaakkeli

Post#35 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:53 am

Farrul wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:08 pm
akisnaakkeli wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:47 pmMaking Witchbrew,Leonine Frenzy and Shades of Death scale with mainstat means they can be countered by toughness as well do critical dmg. I agree change all those skills to scale with Mainstat and do Critical dmg. Grimshimmer should have max 100 regen and pocket item lowered by half.
White lions , sorcs , well every spec i can think of in this game are forced to build mainstat if they want to produce any meaningful dps. I don't regard these abilities as a balance problem. If they started to scale it wouldn't change the itemization of these classes.

Witchbrew allows the def WE( hence the wording) to go full def, toughness, def stats stacking and when you combine that with a powerful absorb tactic, healing kisses, stealth, multiple ways to reset combat and damage that can't really be mitigated much ( since it is corporeal and ignores toughness/armor) you get this absurd def spec.

Point is building offensive stats means there must be a considerable sacrifice in the defences, there lies the balance. Witchbrew def WE breaks that balance since they have absurd defences for a character that still does considerable damage, with stealth and a - 75% healing debuff as the cherry on top.
Witchbrew doesnt ignore toughness because its corporeal damage, it ignores toughness BECAUSE it doesnt scale with the mainstat. That is also reason why it doesnt crit. Same goes for leonine frenzy. Im not disagreeing with you that def we is too much but if you change it to scale with mainstat that fixes the def issue because you need str and crit for it do good dmg.

If it scaled with str then defensive welf who dont focuse on str wont have hard hitting Witchbrew. Speedbuff from Vanish should be removed as well for both we/wh because stealh classes having better charge that ignores GCD which is also quick stealth breaks the balance. Remove the speedbuff and increase the stealth to 3s instead of 2s.

same goes for Shield dok/wp breaking balance because getting block as anything else than a tank is blashpemy. Remove the shields and make adjustments to the shield only skills to be used with dps specs.