Recent Topics

Ads

Dev restart the balance to the beginning

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dackjanielz

Re: Dev restart the balance to the beginning

Post#21 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:07 am

Ysaran wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:05 am
Aethilmar wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:18 am
Ysaran wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:08 pm I get that a lot of ppl are unhappy with the recent changes but I think that the Devs deserve a little more trust. The patches so far focused mainly on core game mechanics (AP, GCD, CCs, and so on) and on tanks. We are still waiting for the balance patches for DDs and Healers. Shouldn't you wait to complaint untill you see the finished product?

The Devs are keeping alive this server for ten years, this must be worth something. If not, than what's the point of investing so much energy in a no profit project such as this one?
Yes. And they did such a fine job on the tanks. Lets recap:

Chosen (best Destro tank already) - buffed
Knight (best Order tank already) - buffed
BG (famously played by someone on balance team) -buffed
Swordmaster - nerfed hard
IB - nerfed
BO - ??? (I'll defer to BO players on this one)

I don't need them to go back to AoR. I just need them to go back to December and start over from there.
Complaint complaint complaint. Ppl on this forum are only capable of complaining. I wouldn't liste to such ppl eaither. SM got nerfed and do you know how many balance proposal for SM were posted in the last 2 month? A big, fat 0. Last proposal if from Juna 2023. Same for IB.

You know IB and SM were two of the least played classes in the entire game.

And why does a lack of them being mentioned of them on the forums warrant nerfs exactly?

Im guessing you're a destro player - Same old story.

Ads
Zxul

Post#22 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:17 am

It is probably a place to remind though that bg channel dmg was nerfed think 2 patches ago.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#23 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:22 pm

To clarify, the Balancing Process has only just started recently and it is a large endeavour that will take many months before it can be considered "finished" or even close to "finished", and during this process yes, there will be stages where parts might feel "off".

It isn't a batch of changes that are done on a whim, but something that's been planned and worked hard on together by all members of the Balance Group and is still constantly being improved and monitored to make sure it is on the right path towards the overall vision that the team has long-term.

It is only natural that, just like with any change, there will be both positive and negative feelings about them, and we are constantly reading feedback on the forums to see what the community thinks, but it is also important to remember that we are so early in the stages of Balancing that the Team also requires time to be able to show what they have in the works first.

The changes happening are also not final at all, in fact there will be fine-tuning constantly as things move on to make sure that ALL Careers are in a good state... but like mentioned, all of this will take many months and not days or weeks.

hogun

Post#24 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:51 pm

Hazmy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:22 pm To clarify, the Balancing Process has only just started recently and it is a large endeavour that will take many months before it can be considered "finished" or even close to "finished", and during this process yes, there will be stages where parts might feel "off".

It isn't a batch of changes that are done on a whim, but something that's been planned and worked hard on together by all members of the Balance Group and is still constantly being improved and monitored to make sure it is on the right path towards the overall vision that the team has long-term.

It is only natural that, just like with any change, there will be both positive and negative feelings about them, and we are constantly reading feedback on the forums to see what the community thinks, but it is also important to remember that we are so early in the stages of Balancing that the Team also requires time to be able to show what they have in the works first.

The changes happening are also not final at all, in fact there will be fine-tuning constantly as things move on to make sure that ALL Careers are in a good state... but like mentioned, all of this will take many months and not days or weeks.
thank you for this feedback, but that still doesn't explain the choices.
you say that we should not judge as it stands because it is not finished. but we can wonder about these choices.
For example,
the impact of a KD for BG is to please who? you give the BG the KD, pass "enraged beating" to 5pts and give "ftwk" to 13pts.now we can spam "fending of weakness" in solo play to survive for exemple, no one can do that. what should we understand? that you find the BG weak in solo and small groups? So a monstrous up. No one who has played this game a bit can think that. No one who has played all the tanks in the game can imagine that it was necessary to upgrade the BG. so it is quite logical to have difficulty understanding your vision. which doesn't mean you don't have one.
players are complaining about the WE regen spec. is right. but maybe it was the modification of WitchB skill under ROR that created this monster, again what was your vision? maybe less damage in AE was preferable in the end.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Wdova

Post#25 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:25 pm

reynor007 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:02 pm I think now the retaliatory strike is more than adequate, perhaps a 0.5 second CD would be better, but even now you can play with it
The main problem is that he gets bonus % damage, which shouldn't happen.
Choppa or Assassin, can do riposte 850 damage, that's insane, now imagine using a channel and 5 out of 6 attacks are parried, you're constantly getting 4000 damage just like that
Damage scalling of riposte , jagged edge on choppa slayer is fine if we consider how squishi they are in full rage.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Scottx125

Post#26 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:54 pm

Nameless wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:48 pm Many things were changed, most missed by devs themselves cos their starting point for abilities rework was way back.

So imo before all the changes we need to bring as most stable and bugs free environment then bring balance cos now they do balance into corrupted foundation
I'd agree. But with the number of issues on the tracker we wouldn't be getting any balance changes for another 2 years..

2 BIG issues right now with how balance changes are being done...:

1. Lack of time for changes to cook and be properly tested before being rolled out. A month is the minimum time I'd be happy with.

2. Lack of community engagement. The community should know about the upcoming changes ahead of time and have a chance to critique them before they're live. This might give the community a chance to see glaring issues that fly by the testing team, and also request information behind the logic of why certain changes are being made.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Absinth

Post#27 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:30 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:53 am pretty sure BO players are happy.

And yeah you can add Slayer WH WP to the nerfed list, meanwhile Mara n choppa are both sailing high and happy with what they got recently.

WL is meta now and not because its good, but because its all that's left.
Their pet is bugged n broken to hell n back.

Joyous times we live in.
Yet still slayers deal more damage per their death than choppas ... and still your avarage slayer deals more dmg than a choppa...
The changes were nerf for your run of the mill slayer player that played it only because the class included easy mode button, now you are stripped of one button to kill every tank on enemy realm.
Choppa is laughingly weak compared to a white lion that spins 360 aoe with 2 procs from wp and bw.

Choppa on avarage 4.1k damage, their damage % per their death is 79% (that means that on median your right in the middle of the playerbase choppa will deal enough damage to leave target at 21% of their HP)
White lion on avarage 6.4k damage, their damage % per their death is 113% (that means that on median your right in the middle of the playerbase whitelion will deal enough damage to kill one person and leave another on 87%)

If those two metrics dont matter to you, then you still have the Kill credit that is being owned by WL's compare to the other twos, and KAD (essentially kill contribution) that is being won by choppa but ever so slightly but one could say its skewed due to choppa playerbase being soo large.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

what63

Post#28 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:48 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:53 am pretty sure BO players are happy.

And yeah you can add Slayer WH WP to the nerfed list, meanwhile Mara n choppa are both sailing high and happy with what they got recently.

WL is meta now and not because its good, but because its all that's left.
Their pet is bugged n broken to hell n back.

Joyous times we live in.
As a BO player, not really? Dunno, at some point one has to consider that a game that has always been multifaceted should perhaps remain so, and that certain classes have functioned to "meta" standards within certain niches that differ from the standard approaches to power. What happens to BO these days is pretty much a shoehorning to function within the meta on the exact same premises other tanks do, as opposed to restoring their functionality in a way that keeps them within their own niche, and as such keeping the game multi faceted.

BO has on multiple points exsisted in WB and 6v6 meta outside of the typical punt tank>KD main target>KD secondary tank rotational snoozefest. It should have gotten more viable within the niche of bruteforcing mistakes through sheer damage as opposed to being just chucked into line with everything else in the game.....

Ads
knick

Post#29 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:50 pm

The Problem is that we are all more or less biased. There are so many balance proposals this days completely unreasonable.

I play on the server since 2016 and in my opinion the game and balance is in a better state than ever.

I guess the devs running some kind of statistic to have a real overview of class performance. So changes will base one numbers and not only on personal feelings.

Any change need time and have to be tested in the real world to see the impact on the balance. Devs can't think on every creative way people will adapt to changes. So in the end we all know and have to accept that we are some kind of beta tester.

I see people try to run every class solo.
I see groups of any combination.
I see order and destro warbands dying.
Balance can't be that bad
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Tesq

Post#30 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:26 pm

hogun wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:25 am
Bozzax wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:55 am Hogun you are right to some extent the problem where we are is that many dest only treats/abilities has been nuked over the years CS, aoe snare on BO/SnB nerf, morale etc etc. At this point we need to see the 2nd part of balancing bf drawing any real conclusions. It is safe to say tho that current state is pretty bad.

Since "order being nerfed" is tossed around randomly like a fact I'd like you take a second and look at actual numbers
- RoR T2+ Population Balance (homepage) 0h to 23h over the last 7 days Order 47.2% Destruction 52.8%
- RvR Kills 0h to 23h over the last 7 days Total Kills: Order: 56881 Destruction: 54689
- Average Kill Percent (mean): Order: 49.4% Destruction: 50.6%
- Typical Kill Percent (median): Order: 49% Destruction: 51%
Bozzax, the chiffres are a macro analysis. And you think among the presenters there is a reason that BLOB vs BLOB is the order's advance. I don't know how to give a KD to BG and pounce to SH to influencé this blob combat.
The mass combats are now spam AE+proc. maby proc BW is better than proc Sorcerer. perhaps, no longer having "retribution" in this ROR form, and that 9 target for the AEs will correct the problem. remember on the live we fight bioball meta, because in the same zone only 9 players were touched. and the AEs did not combine
Who would had guess that give choppa/slayer ( the class with the strongest dmg meccanic in game) a stack able 150% dmg increase 40 feet channeling would had been a good idea.....

Who would had guess that return to a proc meta specificaly nerfed because was such poor complexity choice for any game would had been a bad choice.

Who would really.....