Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend event solo/duo queue like Discordant Skirmish

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Everdin

Re: Weekend event solo/duo queue like Discordant Skirmish

Post#31 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:58 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:08 pm
Everdin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:00 am
JohnnyWayne wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:27 pm

Oh yeah, dead event game mode incoming.
Yeah, discordant is an prime example for the masses of solo queing people, thats the reason they que the whole week for normal sc to get slaughtered, it's a friendly service for the premades!
Excuse me, when was the last discordant sc event? I seemed to have missed all of them the last two years. During the week Scs in general barely pop, only events make the queue times bearable.
I never wrote something about discordant weekend sc or did I mentioned it somewhere and did not remeber? There is a reason this don't exist. SC pop frequently during the week and the normal sc is full of solo que people, thats what i'm talking about.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Dimarzio

Post#32 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:51 am

I just played maybe 20 event scenarios over the course of my evening. DID NOT WIN A SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Why lock rewards behind who can form the sweatiest premade and force pugs to get farmed all weekend to have a chance (just a chance) at completing the event.

CyunUnderis

Post#33 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:19 am

Dimarzio wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:51 am I just played maybe 20 event scenarios over the course of my evening. DID NOT WIN A SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Why lock rewards behind who can form the sweatiest premade and force pugs to get farmed all weekend to have a chance (just a chance) at completing the event.
No one force PUGs to get farmed all weekend for 75 War Crests. They do it on their own and they will complain, like you are doing right now.

If only you have other way to get this amount of crests, genesis, RR potions, bonus stats event item or craft tools.

Phantasm

Post#34 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:21 am

Dimarzio wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:51 am I just played maybe 20 event scenarios over the course of my evening. DID NOT WIN A SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Why lock rewards behind who can form the sweatiest premade and force pugs to get farmed all weekend to have a chance (just a chance) at completing the event.
My POV - Choppa 67RR solo Queue event only Friday 14:00 - 02:00

Out of 36 scenarios destro won 7. So, yes its doable, can be done in a one evening even queing solo, but takes time and patience, of course taking part of a premade drastricly reduce time and provide "enjoyment", but solo queing is a choice and it can be done.

https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... e=standard

Only one complain Id have is terrible matchmaking, so many scenarios destro group had way, way worse composition of archetypes vs order.

WarhammerKotbs
Suspended

Post#35 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:45 pm

Hazmy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:49 pm This is a common feedback from a lot of the community and we hear you.

The Dev Team is already in the middle of writing a whole new Scenario Queue System, that will address the issues of imbalanced teams, unfair matchmaker and Random Teams getting repeatedly defeated by Premade Organized Groups, along with other issues that have been observed and reported!

Until then, there are no plans for temporary adjustments, as this new system will be a complete overhaul.

You can read more about it here:
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... hp?t=51520
ETA?

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#36 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:54 pm

WarhammerKotbs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:45 pm
Hazmy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:49 pm This is a common feedback from a lot of the community and we hear you.

The Dev Team is already in the middle of writing a whole new Scenario Queue System, that will address the issues of imbalanced teams, unfair matchmaker and Random Teams getting repeatedly defeated by Premade Organized Groups, along with other issues that have been observed and reported!

Until then, there are no plans for temporary adjustments, as this new system will be a complete overhaul.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... hp?t=51520
ETA?
We do not have an ETA and can not give one as it depends on many factors that is out of our control as a volunteer project. People could get sick or have more stressful time with their full-time jobs.

But the Scenario Rework is high priority already.

Shalanor
Suspended

Post#37 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:10 am

Hazmy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:54 pm
WarhammerKotbs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:45 pm

viewtopic.php?t=51520
ETA?
We do not have an ETA and can not give one as it depends on many factors that is out of our control as a volunteer project. People could get sick or have more stressful time with their full-time jobs.

But the Scenario Rework is high priority already.

We see...... SC get worser every week but the "high priority" finally makes my SM unplayable. Well played Dev's. Well played. Maybe buff the Spaltas a little bit more? Sometimes they die. Needs rework.

shoelessHN

Post#38 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:04 am

Lol so now people queue the weekend sc, and if they see a premade they exit spawn (mourkain temple) and go hide until the 11 min mark?

Even if you fix the queue system these idiots will do the same thing if they look at the enemy team and think they may die.

You need a system that marks these people on the map for everyone to see if they've done zero damage / zero scenario score. Maybe they'll stop queuing if they get hunted down.

Ads
Phantasm

Post#39 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:09 am

shoelessHN wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:04 am Lol so now people queue the weekend sc, and if they see a premade they exit spawn (mourkain temple) and go hide until the 11 min mark?

Even if you fix the queue system these idiots will do the same thing if they look at the enemy team and think they may die.

You need a system that marks these people on the map for everyone to see if they've done zero damage / zero scenario score. Maybe they'll stop queuing if they get hunted down.
Few scenarios yesterday looked like this: people join groups, we see there is 2/2/2 on other side, we mount, ready to go.... and half people in a scenario stay mounted in spawn area. Thats when scenario is lost. So there is no way to avoid it because many just dont want to try.

Queing outside of EU prime time solo helps me a lot getting Weekend Scenario rewards and avoid decent premades that tend to form and queue in EU prime time.
And little tip: premades are not equally good. Many times what you see as a premade (2/2/2) is just lucky scenario system that finds archetypes to fill that groups.

Nameless

Post#40 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:17 am

That is the results of barriers and to be locked out of the wc to be trashed by premade. Although for destro on this scen you can at least go back to wc
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz