Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Matchmaking Rework Megathread

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Nameless

Re: Scenario Matchmaking Rework Megathread

Post#41 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:35 pm

Info hub for class que that we got for ranked should be introduced for all scens
Let ppl see how many of each archetype are in queu for normal and disc scens
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Culexus

Post#42 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 pm

Not sure if you can say much about this yet, but will mastery path be taken into account when allocating classes to a sc?

Its great having a system generate a 2/2/2, but if a healer is in dps spec it will throw the whole group balance off which can cause a lot of anger towards the dps healer player. It happens a lot already when you think you have a healer in the party and see those dreaded words typed into sc chat "I don't heal I'm dps".
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#43 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm

Culexus wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 pm Not sure if you can say much about this yet, but will mastery path be taken into account when allocating classes to a sc?
It already is taken into account!

Zxul

Post#44 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:14 pm

Culexus wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 pm those dreaded words typed into sc chat "I don't heal I'm dps".
On the side note reminds me of a zealot which I had back on live, named Selfhealsonly. Made people so happy when I entered a sc in dps spec "omfg even zeal is dps".
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

zumos2

Post#45 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 pm

calipso wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:27 pm
Akalukz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:02 pm
Nameless wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:43 pm For the love of gods remove barriers, allow free entrance to your own wc and bring guard's kills renown. Then pugs may try and at some point succeed at fighting premade.

I have many found memories from WAR where prems lose to good bunch of pug players. To achive that pug player need the leverage of save spot to retired and possibility to gain something even if that is guard kill
Agreed, should bring back guards and not barriers. Want to spawn camp, face the chance of getting pulled / punted into guards. The reason barriers were implemented appears to be to protect KDR for premades.
100% agreed. Barriers just promote afk. Get rid of them and bring back guards for a chance to keep fighting
The exact opposite is true. When players lose they can just run back into their warcamp and afk. With barrier you are forced to actually fight.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Nameless

Post#46 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 pm

zumos2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 pm
Akalukz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:02 pm

Agreed, should bring back guards and not barriers. Want to spawn camp, face the chance of getting pulled / punted into guards. The reason barriers were implemented appears to be to protect KDR for premades.
100% agreed. Barriers just promote afk. Get rid of them and bring back guards for a chance to keep fighting
The exact opposite is true. When players lose they can just run back into their warcamp and afk. With barrier you are forced to actually fight.
Not true, when you have barrier you got massacred or you run and hide. There is no fight cos composition, players skills, classes or whatever are not equal. So weaker side need leverage to put a fight. And that is safe spot for healers and rdps near guard. Allow renown for guard kills and even tanks and mdps will try to fight while got guarantee heals.
C'mon guys didnt you play scens at war. Everyine was fighting cos 1 guard kill was 2-3k renown.

You could even check surrender vote time (and even kills count cos barriers means less kills in total) on all scens with barriers vs all scens with way back to wc. You have the info just read it
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

zumos2

Post#47 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:05 pm

“We are also hoping to improve the scenario grouping if for any reason a premade is put against a pick up group. Although we want to mainly not mix pugs and premades.”
This is a really big worry. The game should promote players for making premades, not potentially punish them. If this system punishes you for forming a group by just not giving you scenario pops, that would be terrible.

In general I think that no scenario should pop without every group having at least 1 tank and 1 healer. If a full premade enters the scenario you could increase that restriction to always having a 2-2-2, so there is a good fighting chance. A random 2-2-2 with good players can still beat a bad full premade in a 12v12+ scenario.

Of course if there are an equal amount of premades on both sides they can be matched against each other. But if the system forces it, additional rewards would be fair. In general I think the rewards of scenarios vs RvR are imbalanced at the moment. Only feels worth doing scenarios during the weekend event.

zumos2

Post#48 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:07 pm

Nameless wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 pm
Not true, when you have barrier you got massacred or you run and hide. There is no fight cos composition, players skills, classes or whatever are not equal. So weaker side need leverage to put a fight. And that is safe spot for healers and rdps near guard. Allow renown for guard kills and even tanks and mdps will try to fight while got guarantee heals.
C'mon guys didnt you play scens at war. Everyine was fighting cos 1 guard kill was 2-3k renown.

You could even check surrender vote time (and even kills count cos barriers means less kills in total) on all scens with barriers vs all scens with way back to wc. You have the info just read it
I've dominated enough scenarios to tell you that when one side gets dominated they give up instantly with whatever system. But being able to just run back into your warcamp to afk and surrender is a stupid design. I've had scenario weekends where we get 10 wins and like 60-70 kills cause the enemy refuses to fight and just sits in their warcamp.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#49 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:11 pm

Nope you die one time then afk and lately I see more hide or book out (that makes it even more one sided) so I don't think barriers is working tbh. I Agree tho that players that recognize an impossible match/lineup/group would dodge wo barriers and likely more often.

Lately I'm personally just booking out of scs with 5 rdps vs a 6man it isn't worth the time. I watch footy instead
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Nameless

Post#50 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:29 pm

zumos2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:07 pm
Nameless wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 pm

I've dominated enough scenarios to tell you that when one side gets dominated they give up instantly with whatever system. But being able to just run back into your warcamp to afk and surrender is a stupid design. I've had scenario weekends where we get 10 wins and like 60-70 kills cause the enemy refuses to fight and just sits in their warcamp.
I play alot of scens myself here and back then on war. And unlike you I play both sweaty prems and soloing. All scens with guards gives much more opportunities for fights. It is still not equal but it is fight and pugs if good enough could make comeback. When barrier is there, you could get just farm fest for premade.
It is kinda sad that this is your preferred gameplay
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz