Recent Topics

Ads

Is it possible to make characters bigger/smaller?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
StormX2
Game Master

Re: Is it possible to make characters bigger/smaller?

Post#11 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Stoneking wrote:This would be very cool. especially for orcs, since in the lore they grow larger the more powerful and battle hardened they become.

Choppas havbe this Ability but the mechanics of the class is broken (liek the others)

In the original Game, he would build Rage, growing in size and power while attacking

Ads
Buzgit

Post#12 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Also on the last patches Black orcs were growing up every tiers they advanced (R11-R21-R31-R40) as magus discs

Gorwe

Post#13 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:53 pm

StormX2 wrote:
Stoneking wrote:This would be very cool. especially for orcs, since in the lore they grow larger the more powerful and battle hardened they become.

Choppas havbe this Ability but the mechanics of the class is broken (liek the others)

In the original Game, he would build Rage, growing in size and power while attacking
As would Slayers. Kinda strange, but true.

I also think that adding the height modifier on character creation wouldn't be bad per se. It COULD cause some quite hardcore glitching action though. I know for a fact that Dwarfs can be as big as enraged Slayers without breaking most armour(the same applies for Orcs). Other races-not quite sure. Plus I want my characters to be normal people and not Ultrafapsmurf wannabees. It's more heroic that way-imo. Differantation by height would be welcome, as I already had said tho.

Panzarpaddan

Post#14 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Choppas get bigger the more rage they have? I want to remember that they get bigger for the 2 different percentages they have, 25% and 75%.

Flick

Post#15 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:55 pm

hehe, shortie

Aceboltz

Post#16 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm against this idea, it can cause a lot of unwanted bugs and problems, specially in a game with player collision. You have to understand that the people of this project are doing their best to build a working game server. This project is not about heavy client modifications.
Also, nobody wants to see (or rather NOT see) 10cm tall shamans and squigs, or loli warrior priests and witch hunters everywhere.

Grugnir

Post#17 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Aceboltz wrote:it can cause a lot of unwanted bugs and problems, specially in a game with player collision. You have to understand that the people of this project are doing their best to build a working game server. This project is not about heavy client modifications.
Thank you for putting this so nice. I was about to answer using a lot of f-words...
Seriosuly guys I'm not against new (good) ideas but let the dev team make this server playable first. So much to do here that even considering any tweaks or big changes is crazy. Write down your cool ideas in a small notebook and if we're lucky and server is playable we can discuss it later.

Stoneking

Post#18 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Grugnir wrote: Thank you for putting this so nice. I was about to answer using a lot of f-words...
Seriosuly guys I'm not against new (good) ideas but let the dev team make this server playable first.
Nobody is demanding or "not letting the dev team make the server playable" it was just a suggestion in the suggestion section of the forums, which is what the section is for, correct me if i'm wrong. Its not like people expect it to be put as a main priority anytime soon. Relax dude. :o

Ads
Grugnir

Post#19 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Stoneking wrote:
Grugnir wrote: Thank you for putting this so nice. I was about to answer using a lot of f-words...
Seriosuly guys I'm not against new (good) ideas but let the dev team make this server playable first.
Nobody is demanding or "not letting the dev team make the server playable" it was just a suggestion in the suggestion section of the forums, which is what the section is for, correct me if i'm wrong. Its not like people expect it to be put as a main priority anytime soon. Relax dude. :o
First of all when it comes to this project I don't think anyone can demand anything really..
You do understand that none of the class mechanics work, almost all rvr mechanics don't work...? You do understand that game is laggy so you can't really play it..? That tiers 2,3,4 don't exist..? Would you agree that talking about (suggesting) making characters bigger/smaller or suggesting a major change in mara mechanics is just a bit premature (and silly perhaps) at this stage?
Last edited by Grugnir on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stoneking

Post#20 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:20 pm

As I said, I don't think anyone expects it to be put as a main priority anytime soon. The suggestion was more a "Oh it would be cool in the future if.." kind of suggestion. I don't see any harm in it, it isn't in any way impeding or slowing the devs down. Not sure why you are making a big deal out of it anyway, that seems kinda silly too.