Recent Topics

Ads

the discussed cross realm

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Idrinth
Addon Developer

Re: the discussed cross realm

Post#11 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:31 am

JeFawk wrote:People already are using more than one Warhammer account. I added some features to slow this down, Max can help with the rest (checking if an IP is connected more than once)
That might prevent people living together to play with each other. Not sure if that's such a good idea, there were a lot of couples playing as far as I recall...
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

Ads
Grugnir

Post#12 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:34 am

Idrinth wrote:That might prevent people living together to play with each other. Not sure if that's such a good idea, there were a lot of couples playing as far as I recall...
Don't forget about geeky roommates :geek:

Laeti

Post#13 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 am

Grugnir wrote:
Laeti wrote:I can wait;)

lfg TOVL :D
DPS here. Inv pls :D
ML on 8th, free loot on the rest :P

Archer

Post#14 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 am

to stop one type of xrealming is to code in a timer / amount of rr earned for each player on the zone locks etc.
so that if anybody decides to log over for the lock, purple bags, etc. only get their time / effort rewards.

so onlogin record zone_logintime.
on kill a keep mob zone_reward_multiplier++;
in groupplay_kill_player zone_reward_multiplier+=amount_of_effort_split_between_group
on lock. rr_reward = timeinzone + base_reward*zone_reward_multiplier+base_rewardplayerkills*groupplay_kill_player zone_reward_multiplier

obviously look at what base is and what each mob is worth, but this can be achieved whilst we wait for the zone to lock.

Mystriss

Post#15 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Grugnir wrote:
Idrinth wrote:That might prevent people living together to play with each other. Not sure if that's such a good idea, there were a lot of couples playing as far as I recall...
I'd like to second that. My buddy and I met with him playing WE and me playing SW, in addition to hunting each other on opposite factions, we'd also like to hunt together on the same faction. I personally had up to six paid accounts in Mythic's game over the years (plus another 4 for my family) because I enjoy playing all the races/classes. Plus I'd always wanted to level up a BG but never got her past 20 or something before everyone bailed; I was hoping to do so here :(

If folks are going to cross-realm, they'll do it regardless of your allowance or disallowance of multi-faction player characters. You can't control the outside methods people use to cross-realm (vent, raid call, team speak, mumble, IRC, etc) Plus I'd argue that the vast majority of diehard fans that would play on this private server are really not interested in winning, or cheating to win, at least.

My 2 cents

Grugnir

Post#16 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Mystriss wrote:
Grugnir wrote:
I'd like to second that. My buddy and I met with him playing WE and me playing SW, in addition to hunting each other on opposite factions, we'd also like to hunt together on the same faction. I personally had up to six paid accounts in Mythic's game over the years (plus another 4 for my family) because I enjoy playing all the races/classes. Plus I'd always wanted to level up a BG but never got her past 20 or something before everyone bailed; I was hoping to do so here :(

If folks are going to cross-realm, they'll do it regardless of your allowance or disallowance of multi-faction player characters. You can't control the outside methods people use to cross-realm (vent, raid call, team speak, mumble, IRC, etc) Plus I'd argue that the vast majority of diehard fans that would play on this private server are really not interested in winning, or cheating to win, at least.

My 2 cents
+1 :!:

Lindisfarne

Post#17 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Cross realming really isnt a big deal to me anyway, most of the people who did it are shitty players who will use anything they can to get an advantage. These are also the people who need nerf buttons and hacks.

IMO, i the most game breaking thing is mutliboxers. If multiboxers are allowed on a free server its going to be out of hand.
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Laeti

Post#18 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Lindisfarne wrote:Cross realming really isnt a big deal to me anyway, most of the people who did it are shitty players who will use anything they can to get an advantage. These are also the people who need nerf buttons and hacks.

IMO, i the most game breaking thing is mutliboxers. If multiboxers are allowed on a free server its going to be out of hand.
+++

Ads
Viruz

Post#19 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Make somekinda IP Rekonizer what so ever. Lockouts should be up aswell. 1 thing at the time tho.

- Viruz