Recent Topics

Ads

Killboard KDR should be removed!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Caleb

Re: Killboard KDR should be removed!

Post#71 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:42 pm

mazi761111 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:37 pm i like killbord ..It can be viewed where the active player is, it is very convenient
No one wants to remove the Killboard entirely, at least that is not what the post is suggesting. Only the Lifetime Kill / Death Ratio displayed on your character's profile.

The killboard itself is indeed a very useful tool.

Ads
Mandodlenn

Post#72 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:01 pm

More than performance level, I see Killboard K/D as revealing of what gameplay a given character does most, especially for dps classes. For example I will warrant most if not all so-called high KDR melee DPS characters hardly ever played without guard and heals, thanks to guild or spending time to build team. This is confirmed when looking at available streams of said characters. Performance level only comes as a second order effect.

Anyway having more stats is always nice, then people will usually read whatever they want in them.

What would be cool is a similar board for Renown point gains, weekly and monthly. There are in-game statues with ranking indicated, but out-of-game board would be neat.

Sulorie

Post#73 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:05 pm

Make a toggle to see weekly/monthly/total kill-death ratio instead of the current total value.
Dying is no option.

Brizio

Post#74 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:39 am

Caleb wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:42 pm
mazi761111 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:37 pm i like killbord ..It can be viewed where the active player is, it is very convenient
No one wants to remove the Killboard entirely, at least that is not what the post is suggesting. Only the Lifetime Kill / Death Ratio displayed on your character's profile.

The killboard itself is indeed a very useful tool.

Its kinda funny, and... silly. Because it sounds like everything you mentioned on the post only happens because of KDR. So here it goes:

- "Joining Even Fights"
Ppl will only join even fights if they believe they have a chance to win, not numbers. Imagine a pug wb trying to fight a experienced wb, they will probably die. It not KDR fault at all.

- "Warbands not helping each other when others seemingly are losing"
This is an mmo rpg. It's naive to think players will help each other because they are in the same faction if you're not sharing the loot and the glory. Most healer don't even throw a hot on other parties if they believe enemy is not a threat. Happened before KDR and will continue to happen.

- "Not Defending "hopeless" Keeps / Forts"
Well, this is a no brainer. Nobody want to waste they're time if the reward is not enough. We had empty forts way before KDR.

- "Joining Underdogs ( Faction Balance )"
Joining the underdog should be done by in game mechanics. AAO at current time is so bad that's even hard to understand. Players just go to the faction that they will have more chance of success or they have friends in it, mostly. Also not KDR issue and also happened way before KDR.

The others ones sounds more like a brainstorming than anything else.

Does the KDR or even your KDR bothers you that much? It's a cool feature. If you don't want to see it, just don't do it.

Caleb

Post#75 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:36 pm

Brizio wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:39 am
Its kinda funny, and... silly. Because it sounds like everything you mentioned on the post only happens because of KDR. So here it goes:
Not silly at all, you must have missed reading several parts of the post where I mention each time that everything I listed affects a subset of players who are concerned about KDA and not the whole population of the server or every single person. :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
On a quick note of things I can think of, that are discouraged indirectly by KDR ----for those who are stressed by it ( care for it )----:
On a serious note, the concept of "it happeneed before" is irrelevant to the discussion, because the real question is does the Killboard KDA make it worse, or better and if it makes it worse than it is worth contemplating if its worthy of staying in the first place.

But I would also say that any problem that potentially causes people to be afraid of becoming new Pug Warband Leaders, or joining New / Unknown Warband leaders is a much greater of an issue than just "brainstorming", as Garamore has stated before in a comment.

Lisutaris

Post#76 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:00 pm

I like the Killboard ... but I dont give alot about the K/D ratio anyway .... (Heal and Tank class life).
Actually, it's kinda useful .... If I see some Killboard and K/D ratio "extremists" I am usually thankful being reminded to stay faaaar away from them :P

I mean, there are enough statistics that ppl who give alot about this are actually not the best players anyway (for grp play) :D (not RoR but overall pc gaming, just look it up.) Let them have their own perfect world <3
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Martok

Post#77 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:02 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:05 pmMake a toggle to see weekly/monthly/total kill-death ratio instead of the current total value.

The associated issue for me here is, who places so much value on this ratio and why should anyone care? I mean, seriously, and with all due respect to everyone posting in this thread, the K/D Cowboys here are incredibly easy to spot. They are the guys always playing way off the line, incessantly hopping around like a rabbit on crack, running away whenever anyone looks at them cross-eyed, refusing to play or fight unless they have dedicated support and hiding in the warcamp if their side even begins to take losses. And all for what? Ego enhancement on a private server hosting a game a few thousand players world-wide play?

I remember a job interview I had at the local University a few years back. Everything was fine until the guy asked me what my K/D ratio on Warhammer Return of Reckoning was. I told him "I don't know."

He looked at me, all incredulous, and shouted "You don't know?! How can you not know?! It's only the most important thing in liiiiiiiiiiiife!"

Playing a video game in the attempt to relax and have fun is anathema to some, I suppose.

Or, in other words:

Lisutaris wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:00 pmI like the Killboard ... but I dont give alot about the K/D ratio anyway .... (Heal and Tank class life). Actually, it's kinda useful .... If I see some Killboard and K/D ratio "extremists" I am usually thankful being reminded to stay faaaar away from them

Yeah...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Emissary
Community Management

Post#78 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:53 pm

Love the new killboard with abiliites used in fights. I am looking through some of the top killers on the server and I just cant believe the percentage of Auto Attack that is so high especially on the top slayers and squig herders. Some of the top dps on the server are doing 70% of their total dmg as auto attack. Makes me want to rethink how i even use abilities as some are literally only using 4 abilities and auto attack.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Ads
Everdin

Post#79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:21 pm

Emissary wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:53 pm Love the new killboard with abiliites used in fights. I am looking through some of the top killers on the server and I just cant believe the percentage of Auto Attack that is so high especially on the top slayers and squig herders. Some of the top dps on the server are doing 70% of their total dmg as auto attack. Makes me want to rethink how i even use abilities as some are literally only using 4 abilities and auto attack.
Also it is nice to see who killed you with what, and that without parsing log
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Caleb

Post#80 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:44 pm

Quick Reminder for future comments again.

The Thread isn't about removing the Killboard completely - almost no one wants that.

It is strictly the Life-time Kill / Death Counting on your Profile, as shown in OP Post Spoilers.

So please keep the thread on topic, without derailing.