Recent Topics

Ads

How often do you release updates?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Panzarpaddan

How often do you release updates?

Post#1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Its great to be back and able to play WAR after all this time (bless you for it). But there is still alot of work to be done, so how often can the players expect a new patch? I understand that having to code everything from scratch takes time, and even Mythic couldnt keep the game bug free. So I'm just curious, since Dyox's server had quite regular updates then didn't release one for months and that shut the project down.

So I'm hoping for a steady pace of patches, not overwork yourselves to release a patch everyday so you get disgruntled by all the work and "crash".

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: How often do you release updates?

Post#2 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Depends on what is being pushed for updates. The launcher that Jefawk creates and maintains gets extra features, security and functions added regularly. Hopefully, the launcher won't be updated for a while *fingers crossed*. As it works very well and addresses common issues people are having with logging onto the server.

Server updates will be regular but I can't specify arbitrary dates when they will happen. Many minor fixes are done everyday but they won't get pushed to the server until Max seems happy to push them.

Short answer: Possible weekly updates. Only Maxhayman can answer for sure :D

Panzarpaddan

Post#3 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Yea the launcher works like a charm now and it looks super clean :).

Thanks for the answer, you seem to have alot of insight on the server ^^.
Here's hoping that the class mechanics will start working soon so that you cant simply spam all your OP spells :D

Elven
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Panzarpaddan wrote:Yea the launcher works like a charm now and it looks super clean :).

Thanks for the answer, you seem to have alot of insight on the server ^^.
Here's hoping that the class mechanics will start working soon so that you cant simply spam all your OP spells :D
The handy work of Jefawk :D

I work closely with the dev team and help with game testing. No promises on when that will be but we're well aware of it ;)

JeFawk

Post#5 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Hopefully, the launcher won't be updated for a while *fingers crossed* --- lol why not? But yeah, I'd rather take a break till next month.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:54 pm

JeFawk wrote:Hopefully, the launcher won't be updated for a while *fingers crossed* --- lol why not? But yeah, I'd rather take a break till next month.
For that exact reason :D you've done so many new launchers and spent so much time fixing issues. I hope this launcher will last a while to reflect on the time spent ;)

JeFawk

Post#7 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Elven wrote:to reflect on the time spent ;)
You mean to cry on the time I spent? :'(

Elven
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Blood, sweat and tears.

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Post#9 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Updates will be regular. I will post more info about this later :)
Max Hayman

wonderful

Post#10 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:03 pm

MaxHayman wrote:Updates will be regular. I will post more info about this later :)
Redular updates = cool beans.