Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Sacrifice / melee heal

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Culdu

[DoK] Sacrifice / melee heal

Post#1 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:55 am

Hey,

heard several discussions about melee heal in game and in forum (wp, nearly same abilites in that department), that it doesn't work and is completly useless.

Yes melee dok needs guard, but to have that outcome in the end ... guess it is usefull to guard him

Greetings

Ads
Azarael

Re: DoK Sacrifice / melee heal

Post#2 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:26 pm

This again.

What you don't seem to get is that I can do that too, with a pocket tank against PUGs. Everyone in the Grace thread can do the exact same thing you've done, on both sides, with equivalent gear. It's even better if you're the only healer in your group.

The point was never that the class cannot perform against PUGs when you consume a pocket Guard. The points were:

- That if you're a healer and you're consuming a Guard, you're automatically worse than a pure healer because you stole that Guard from a real DPS - thus your team pays the opportunity cost of you consuming that pocket Guard

- That the classes are classes of extremes - they perform outrageously well against PUGs due to lack of punishment, continual group heal uptime and lots of damage being shared out instead of being focused on one target, but the minute you meet opposition that know what they are doing, you suffer because having a healer that can be so easily punished is a fast track to death, and that's why DPS DoK is still the only dual wielding variant of DoK that I've seen in a premade.

Thank you.

Renork

Post#3 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Also, numbers are not always a good indication of how well a class performs. A magus can throw some good sc numbers and even good db's in a pug setting, yet although they have decent damage, they have bad utility and fall flat on their face when facing good opposition. I can probably reach good numbers on a melee dok without targeting anyone other than myself :^)

tomato

Post#4 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Just throwing this in here, mdps dok is extremly viable, not replacing a healer but as dps (with nice st heal if needed).

Culdu

Post#5 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:17 pm

yep, i think i'm the only sacrifice dok playing in a premade, sometimes as second sometimes as third healer.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGcX0- ... ZziJborxAw
Woilix Gaming

some of them are vs premades, and ... we always perform better if i get the ~baseguard instead of the "real" dps marauder, coz of several things. But what i have to sign, vs premade melee dok only works fine with the right grp setup, otherwise another dd or real healer depends on slot would be better, but with the right setup ... well enough examples.

Azarael

Post#6 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:32 pm

tomato wrote:Just throwing this in here, mdps dok is extremly viable, not replacing a healer but as dps (with nice st heal if needed).
Yeah, I've seen you guys running MDPS DoK and I made sure to mention it.

Bretin

Post#7 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:33 pm

no you are not starilas :p

people who doubt melee dok is viable in grp can watch my stream daily from mo to fr and check my replays to see how it performs against the best premades on the server.

cheers.

Culdu

Post#8 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Renork wrote:I can probably reach good numbers on a melee dok without targeting anyone other than myself :^)
ye then you are one of those why everyone hates us ;)

Ads
Culdu

Post#9 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Bretin we talk about meele heal not torture ;)

Ade

Post#10 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Been melee healing since t2 on my DoK, pretty much straight through in a 3 man, pretty sure I was one of few that ran sac here, we even ran with 2 sac DoK for funzies. These numbers are nothing special, and scenarios are a poor representation imo. Melee heal DoK works well in all scenarios a lot of the time, you just have to adapt, anyone who thinks its useless doesn't play the class or doesn't understand the class.