Recent Topics

Ads

Rested EXP Bonus

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Wuhh

Rested EXP Bonus

Post#1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Since PL is way way nerfed, I was wondering if something could be 'given back' to the players by increasing the amount of rested bonus a person can earn by not logging in?

not sure the actual figures on rested maximums etc, but increasing it won't hurt surely?

just a thought

Ads
covenn

Re: Rested EXP Bonus

Post#2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Yeah, my suggestion would be to just let it accumulate without capping.

Now on the the venting that nobody cares about ....
Spoiler:
It is now officially a chore to level in this game with all the changes. Sadly, it is so much so that my entire guild has gone back to another game. We were deferring decision to move completely here or go back to GW2 until after the holidays. We had 10 or so that started during the come back event, but the changes made it clear cut for people on the fence during guild vote night last week. Being unable to play together to level and literal mid tier dead zone and grind was the difference maker... especially since we want to play BOTH destro and order to balance sides (we were going to always play on the outnumbered side)

Could have been +20-25 players daily in total sadly.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Hargrim
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Like create a character today and log him in 3 months and level him with the unending rested bonus?

Stophy22

Post#4 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Hargrim wrote:Like create a character today and log him in 3 months and level him with the unending rested bonus?
Yeah... maybe there should be a cap. It caps at 150% currently. That's a level and a half. It takes a while to accumulate so expecting that you don't want to get this character to 40 and play it right away it's not that bad at all. maybe increasing it to 300% or even 450% wouldn't be too bad for those people that get out of t1 and don't want to orvr and just do 3-4 levels a day on an alt then switch back to a main.

Just a thought.

It seems a little hard to get to 40 for newer players and I know this is to deter people from just entering t4 with 0 knowledge (and renown) but making a new character shouldn't take too long in an alpha server? But I did all my character creating earlier on in the server so I don't play alts too much anymore. Just speaking out for a friend who recently started here and is about to get his 2nd level 40, through the help of me of course.

P.s. This isn't all directed at you hagrim just the suggestion of 300-450 part :) 2nd parts just a story for the thread
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

covenn

Post#5 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Hargrim wrote:Like create a character today and log him in 3 months and level him with the unending rested bonus?
Yeah I get the concern. I suppose it depends on how much you want to restrict players from leveling alts. In my opinion, that is who it would mostly apply to.

New players, not so much. They will have to deal with the current grind in the middle if they actually are playing and leveling up.

Currently playing order

Aurandilaz

Post#6 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 pm

I'd say consider increasing it from 150% to 300%. Say you do 2 sessions a week on an alt you leveling, you can do both times with solid rested XP, allowing "easy" XP with 5-6 ranks a week, easily making you from 15 at end of T1 to rank 40 within month of "casual" XP gain by RvR, scs or PQs.
Increase from 150 to 300 is not that huge, but it would probably make ranking up somewhat less grindy/mindnumbing.

covenn

Post#7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Providing you are on a class that can actually kill something. lol

Currently playing order

Renork

Post#8 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm

I purposely log out in Altdorf and only continue my leveling once I have the rested bonus at full. I tried the quest route and it’s very slow. If the game was new, then I would understand the intent of having people quest/PQs but this game is not new. I suggested a dynamic xp bonus on PQs but was shut down. I know some other players find the leveling “super fast”, and can do it in “40 hours”, but a lot of people don’t have the time to play 10 hours a day (which is not healthy for you anyways).

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Renork wrote:I purposely log out in Altdorf and only continue my leveling once I have the rested bonus at full. I tried the quest route and it’s very slow. If the game was new, then I would understand the intent of having people quest/PQs but this game is not new. I suggested a dynamic xp bonus on PQs but was shut down. I know some other players find the leveling “super fast”, and can do it in “40 hours”, but a lot of people don’t have the time to play 10 hours a day (which is not healthy for you anyways).
4 hours a day would get you there in less than two weeks.

Problem is that's 4 hours of actually playing, and not 2 hours of complaining in /ad about how slow leveling is.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

covenn

Post#10 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:05 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Problem is that's 4 hours of actually playing, and not 2 hours of complaining in /ad about how slow leveling is.
Why respond that way? I mean I get that it is your game and you can do whatever you want with it, but is there any reason to not be civil with people having a reasonable conversation and discussion?

Currently playing order