Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage - Need rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
wachlarz

Re: Rampage - Need rework

Post#61 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Penril wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm
wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm
Penril wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Because Rampage is quite good for 1v1. No one is denying that. But game is not balanced around 1v1.
Rampage is bad in 6vs 6 or 24 vs 24 or zerg vs zerg ?:P
Did i say it is bad for those?
So Slayer can kill all destro class is fine, like in 20+ movies of Baracuda. He have op aoe dmg combinated with rampage is its fine. So i think this class is fine.

Ads
Penril

Post#62 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:03 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm
So Slayer can kill all destro class is fine, like in 20+ movies of Baracuda. He have op aoe dmg combinated with rampage is its fine. So i think this class is fine.
I just told you a few posts ago that 1v1 does NOT matter. Are you gonna do this all day?

You: Rampage is OP for 1v1!
Me: Game is not meant to be balanced for 1v1.
You: Are you saying Rampage is bad for 6v6 and above?
Me: No.
You: Rampage is OP for 1v1!
Me: ...

wachlarz

Post#63 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm
wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm If Slayer is so bad why we see so many Baracuda movies solo kiling ALL classes ? or 2 or more ppl ? I dont see a Choppa movies ? No good Choppa on destro side ?
Because he uploads the victories he has against plebs who facetank him (while his Rampage is up), instead of: a) shattering it, b) detaunting and running away.

Solo slayer is one of the easiest things one could ever play when 1v1ing against other melees: my 31 twink Slayer beat several rr70+s 1v1 in full parry/riposte/rampage spec.
And its normal for U ? All hard work to gain rr70+ all gear to farm and puff 31 twink kill all. All play 31 slayer for the win. No point to farm rr play rvr for items all is nothing if u see slayer just run...

oaliaen

Post#64 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm

100% will be always OP ... no skills can do equivalent. nerfing it to 30% would still be OP but way less impact on UNbalance.

Tesq

Post#65 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:09 pm

Penril wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:43 pm Pen@

I don't understand some parts you seems to mix CD increase and decrease anyway you said it yourself boss mastery is not that good so no point jimp yourself. Yes CD decrease are good as much as increase tough Bo is st and can be cleansed easier than slayer aoe one. Also it need to land.... Again slayer will always land his CD increase, your Bo?? Mm don't think so especially if slayer is well loved by an in IB

I agree that some rework has done badder than better, (bo/sm) but that's because they had wrong aim. Game need active balance. Live was no perfect but between bring in line stuff and completely and utterly kills skills and masterys there is a lot of difference.
I am not mixing CD increase/decrease; unlike you i know perfectly well what i'm talking about. Yes, i said Da Boss (RIGHT tree) isn't that good anymore since the AoE snare nerf (Big Brawlin) which in turn makes a Da Brawler (LEFT tree) / Da Toughest (MIDDLE tree) spec at least more interesting than before. The CD INCREASER (which belongs to Da Toughest, middle tree) is called Not in da Face (NiDF), is different from WAAAGH + Mor choppin dem (group CD DECREASER on Da Boss, right tree) and it is a pretty decent one. It is not meant to counter Shatter Limbs, but to reduce the Slayer's AoE damage (no Flurry Spam). I see NiDF land often enough as to consider it a good CD increaser. And no, it doesn't get cleansed that often since WP can't cleanse it, and if you are focusing the Slayer then it will be buried under several other debuffs. You can just cover it yourself with WA/RidJ/NidF in your rotation if you want to.

If you don't understand this now i give up.
Don't need to be be mean with stuff, "unlike you", I just didn't understand due phrasing.... I didn't say you mix cuz you mistake...anyway I got well what you were trying to say 1 way or another, just still not very convinced since rampage is not just a SC tool if it work for wb it need to be balance first for the largest format accessible (because that's how logic and any rule system work) then scaling down. The fact that slayers put in any build rampage especially in small scale in conjunction with aoe build is already indicative of a well present problem. I want fact and solution as person in life not just in this case, is clear it, 'a abused for me in any build and especially with aoe build yet there has been not any possible fix from upperfloora for these 2 issues and Rampage thread are the eternal return of the ror forum....... there will be a reason for that or not?
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Penril

Post#66 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 pm

@Tesq sorry, i meant no offense. And i admit i am only talking about 1v1/6v6/SCs point of view. Is Rampage OP for warbands and large scale fights?

I don't play that, so i won't comment.

Wdova

Post#67 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:26 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm
wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm If Slayer is so bad why we see so many Baracuda movies solo kiling ALL classes ? or 2 or more ppl ? I dont see a Choppa movies ? No good Choppa on destro side ?
Because he uploads the victories he has against plebs who facetank him (while his Rampage is up), instead of: a) shattering it, b) detaunting and running away.

Solo slayer is one of the easiest things one could ever play when 1v1ing against other melees: my 31 twink Slayer beat several rr70+s 1v1 in full parry/riposte/rampage spec.
And its normal for U ? All hard work to gain rr70+ all gear to farm and puff 31 twink kill all. All play 31 slayer for the win. No point to farm rr play rvr for items all is nothing if u see slayer just run...
90% of nerf comments come from 1v1 experience. Yes on 1v1 rampage shine the most no doubt but it doesnt give you 100% chance to win. Barracudax shows only wins, but doesnt show fails which can be seen in solo movies of some witch elfs who melt Barracudax and Toshutkidup several times. For organized 6 man who focus on single target I would never slot rampage on my 68 slayer unles I slot suicidal kamikaze tactic Power Thru which I never slot actualy. Also dont forget that rampage is usefull only against tanks and high parry MDPS. It has zero impact against ranged dmg dealers who dont bother stacking any parry avoidance.
Rampage is strong self buff no doubt, but its not 100% win button like many ppl want it to look like.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wachlarz

Post#68 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Wdova wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:26 pm

90% of nerf comments come from 1v1 experience. Yes on 1v1 rampage shine the most no doubt but it doesnt give you 100% chance to win. Barracudax shows only wins, but doesnt show fails which can be seen in solo movies of some witch elfs who melt Barracudax and Toshutkidup several times. For organized 6 man who focus on single target I would never slot rampage on my 68 slayer unles I slot suicidal kamikaze tactic Power Thru which I never slot actualy. Also dont forget that rampage is usefull only against tanks and high parry MDPS. It has zero impact against ranged dmg dealers who dont bother stacking any parry avoidance.
Rampage is strong self buff no doubt, but its not 100% win button like many ppl want it to look like.
Still i dont see 20+ movies 20 m long solo kiling all classes choppas !! And like seys Peter U are a Plebs if U see a slayer and dont run. Wanna see this advice on Choppa if U see a twink 31 choppa run :?

Ads
oaliaen

Post#69 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Wdova wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:26 pm

GTTC isnt a 100% win button and got already nerfed.

peterthepan3

Post#70 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:08 pm

Legit no idea what you're saying.