Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Reservations

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
BeautfulToad

Re: Fort Reservations

Post#21 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:46 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:33 am I always have my spot reserved for forts and it's certainly not linked to me killing tons of pukes on my Magus.
I must be doing something right although, who knows.

May be I've a flag on my Magus "Priority for bad and overused tea bag horrible and useless players that are completely useless for destro side" in the database. Go figure.
Yes, you will tend to get a spot unless there is a massive number of players in the RvR and you arrive late to the fight. Otherwise, as long as you are there for an hour or so in the RvR, before seiging starts, I find you make it in.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#22 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:06 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:46 pm Its still way easier to get contribution as a dps as the system SEEMS to heavily weight in favor of kills. So defensive tanks are at a disadvantage even if they absorb thousands of hp worth of damage, not getting killing blows makes your contribution trash. I know its supposed to be based on how the group does, but the most profitable way to tank is to hangout next to a BW and watch him get AoE kills. As a def IB, if my buffs/cc weren’t tied to my attacks, I would barely ever deal damage, much like a pure heal spec healer.

As a Slayer, just lol AoE attacking into crowds of enemies and getting some lucky killing blows helps get a lot. Life as a defensive tank is tough and not as rewarding as being some glass DPS focusing on low health bars. No wonder Order has no tanks in ORvR. My point is guard and htl should be rewarded more.

Put yourself at the very front and guard tank next to you. when dps join there float guard. show healers that you're worthy to heal, that if you die line break. never turn back and run. only when enemy pushed through run back to guard. throw yourself for decoy bone to hounds to save team.
your contribution will be sky high.

also, I think none-target spammable AoE have very low contribution.
You may be on to something with guarding other tanks that are getting hit all the time since you would be absorbing more damage than what the squish behind the tank wall gets.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

anarchypark

Post#23 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:00 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:52 pm
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:06 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:46 pm Its still way easier to get contribution as a dps as the system SEEMS to heavily weight in favor of kills. So defensive tanks are at a disadvantage even if they absorb thousands of hp worth of damage, not getting killing blows makes your contribution trash. I know its supposed to be based on how the group does, but the most profitable way to tank is to hangout next to a BW and watch him get AoE kills. As a def IB, if my buffs/cc weren’t tied to my attacks, I would barely ever deal damage, much like a pure heal spec healer.

As a Slayer, just lol AoE attacking into crowds of enemies and getting some lucky killing blows helps get a lot. Life as a defensive tank is tough and not as rewarding as being some glass DPS focusing on low health bars. No wonder Order has no tanks in ORvR. My point is guard and htl should be rewarded more.

Put yourself at the very front and guard tank next to you. when dps join there float guard. show healers that you're worthy to heal, that if you die line break. never turn back and run. only when enemy pushed through run back to guard. throw yourself for decoy bone to hounds to save team.
your contribution will be sky high.

also, I think none-target spammable AoE have very low contribution.
You may be on to something with guarding other tanks that are getting hit all the time since you would be absorbing more damage than what the squish behind the tank wall gets.

I'm not good at english.
just do float guard.
if tank next to you die you're next. save him save you. ofc unguard when he's full.
guard, unguard should be most frequently used skill for tank.
your job is taking dmg for others whoever that is. and system reward you for that.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)