Recent Topics

Ads

Invader/Warlord/Sov Token System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
gerard86

Re: Invader/Warlord/Sov Token System

Post#51 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:46 am

i think forts are fun and interesting content to break up the RVR lakes but what needs to be done is that the devs need to look into the problem of the 70+ rr toons who are looking to get invader.

Due to the recent 2x weekend , i pushed hard and got my toons to 70+ but i realised that this actually makes the farming for invaders difficult as cities give royals which cannot be downgraded via the vendors ( it should be ).

I realise that im in a difficult position because my higher RR actually makes it more difficult to get invader tokens.

Please devs are there any plans to implement a mechanism to downgrade royals?I dont need to win gear in bags really currency is fine and the current gain rates are also fine. What is not ok is that the 4 invader medals for losing forts.

Ads
KlausTaler

Post#52 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:53 am

StirlingScott wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:26 am I'm being encouraged to share this here.

As it stands, returning players with RR above 70+ RR are being punished by the invader gear gate. Lower RR players can receive these tokens in cities, however 70+ only get these tokens during forts. As a result 70+ players have Sov gear sitting in their bags or unable to wear any Sov gear that they could otherwise purchase. I get the gear gate and understand why it is there, which leads me to my other thought regarding this; Warlord gear.

Right now people are skipping Warlord gear sets and going straight to Sov gear. ...
Delete the condition to have full Invader-Set before you can wear Sovereign-Set.
Or allow Royal Crests to break down to Invader Crests.

I will farm this ****, but give me a chance!

kleinbuchstabe

Post#53 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 am

As a returnig rr70+ player, i got the same problem. When I got the news of available city sieges and warlord/sov gear, i was pretty hyped to return to WAR.
Now i got the situation, that i have to farm an invader set, wich is pretty useless for me. First because it is too low for my rank, and second it is totaly useless for me, because of the set itself (its a def set and i always played Offtank with this char, so I will never ever equip this set).
When i left almost 2 years ago, the fortresses werent even implemented, so i have to start with 0 invador crests. Now i got 8. And i need more than 200... So to get this set, i have to take part on 50+ Fortresses. For an all day player this might be okay, but how can i reach this as a casual gamer ( Reallife changes ;) ) who can play 2 evenings a week? Even if got access to fortress on these days... to reach this set it will take me months to years... And for what? For a set i will never equip, i dont need, i dont want, wich is too low for my level and useless for me in itself.
I think this is not a good solution. For me it feels like these sets are almost unreachable because of this system. And im thinking about to quit the game again, because in this way it doesnt feel like "playing", it fells like "work" to reach the content for what i came back for. This is not the way it should be. Besides that, to get a set of warlord/sov, it takes enough time! Even more because the loot bags in the city dont got armor parts inside and its all about crests. Reaching the renown rank to wear these sets even took a long time. Maybe not anymore right now, because you pushed the renown, but i played this "war-remake" since the T4 wasnt even implemented! I played your game for such a long time, with ups and downs, and think i deserve these endgame sets, without farming low equip, only for an regulating mechanism.
To summarise, i am pretty disappointed now. And im not alone, few other players of my guild returned in the last weeks for same reasons, and they feel the same.

Please find a way to make the game attractive for returning players like me and others here in this thread. I can understand that you want to make sure that the fortresses are full, but they will be anyway! Because its the way to the city! There is no need to force the players on the fortresses like that, they will do it because its allready a necessary content! And if the high level chars dont take part, because they dont need the invader set anymore, its even better for players who still need this set.

Please change this "necessary ToK token" thing and make the sets equipable for us returning oldtime players who helped to make this game big and alive

Aurandilaz

Post#54 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:18 pm

What about improving invader gear, so its not just one layer of grind to achieve Sovereign, but might be a viable gear set to use instead of Sov/Vanq?
I'm using max 3pc Inv on my WL, rest of the bonuses are bad.
I'm using max 3pc Inv on my WE, rest of the bonuses are meh.
I have 5pc Invader in use on my SM, rest is meh.
On Sorc and BW, I don't bother even getting the set, no point getting a set that grants something as weird as toughess in 3pc and then rest is also lul bonuses.

There were various ideas last year to make Invader worth it for various classes but remains to be seen if they ever will be implemented.

SmackdownNinja

Post#55 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:49 pm

I’m the same situation as many others it seems. Although I do understand why the devs did it the way they did. They want players to play through the content that they spent countless hours on making and testing. However they should ask them selves how many times do I actually want the players to play the content. It takes about 170+ inv medallions to get the tome unlock. And you usually get 4-6 medallions for each fort. You can also get a bag but the chances are slim due to that massive amount of people that you have to roll against.

There’s two ways that could rectify this, the first is lowering the amount invader pieces that you have to equip to move on. For example instead of having the full set you could just equip a piece or a few pieces to get the tome unlock instead of all 5. This would show the player did play through content numerous times and didn’t skip it.

The second is having you roll like the way you do in RVR. This would allow the player to have a much more fair shot at getting a bag then rolling against 200 other people.

All in all the devs have done a great job at adding new content to the game, and some fine tuning can definitely help out the people that are putting in the time to get their classes geared. Thank you for reading this and have a great day!
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

KlausTaler

Post#56 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:16 am

Remove this "you need invader ward" system!

Nobody wants this anymore.

kleinbuchstabe

Post#57 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:06 pm

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:49 pm
The second is having you roll like the way you do in RVR. This would allow the player to have a much more fair shot at getting a bag then rolling against 200 other people.
This sounds like a good solution for me.
A better one would be to delete this ToK token system for PvP armor completely ^^

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#58 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:10 pm

The main problem with the system just now is that it does encourage fort skipping if you are over 70 rr im guilty of this and am sure others are. We no longer see the higher ranks taking charge like they used to in earlier forts. It become a mishmash of pugs and some experienced with no cohesion whatsover.

Also the zones in in rvr are overpopulated i have missed out on numerous forts on my alts due to 800 in endzone. Why not cap rvr to 200 per side or something similar thier are others open for the one that dont get a slot to go to. Everybody gets a fort eventually and doesnt get the dreaded you didnt get a reservation message which is a complete killjoy.

Ads
StrongUn

Post#59 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:32 pm

As many players said in this topic... dont make people grind sets that they dont need

You are rr70+ and you didnt farm invader set maybe because it is useless for your class/playstyle, now city sieges been released and some people is forced to grind 2 sets????
warlord/sovereign set and previous one (invader) it makes no sense :(

We want a set? we gladly farm it, just dont make us grind two sets just to use one.

Starx

Post#60 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:48 pm

madmalky2014 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:10 pm The main problem with the system just now is that it does encourage fort skipping if you are over 70 rr im guilty of this and am sure others are. We no longer see the higher ranks taking charge like they used to in earlier forts. It become a mishmash of pugs and some experienced with no cohesion whatsover.

Also the zones in in rvr are overpopulated i have missed out on numerous forts on my alts due to 800 in endzone. Why not cap rvr to 200 per side or something similar thier are others open for the one that dont get a slot to go to. Everybody gets a fort eventually and doesnt get the dreaded you didnt get a reservation message which is a complete killjoy.
They could add rewards to forts for higher RR people to encourage them to join. Still waiting on that invader equivalent offset maybe that could come into play? Even bringing in some kind of universal token that could be used to buy cosmetics etc... like once you get the invader title that character now receives a that diff currency, same for city w/ sov title.

As it stands now though invader grind is one of the worst things that has ever happened here imo, i play like 8 hours a day im not casual at all but in the past 3 months ive gotten 1 character through it, and im on all day pretty much. I hear a lot of ppl just so fed up with how terrible it is they just resigned themselves from doing forts at all and are just praying that eventually all the royals they have will be useable one day.

And ya forts arent fun for people that arent RDPS bomb classes or MDPS in good in comms warbands with guard and 2 healers.