Recent Topics

Ads

Different City mechanic

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
FinduilAsuryan

Different City mechanic

Post#1 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:42 am

Cities are mostly scenarios where u end up being farmed or farming. I mostly log off rather then doing them (and waiting 30 minutes for a pop....)

I feel like it would be nice to change the steps into:

STEP 1: your taskforce (6man) is set to capture 1 bo (whatever mechanic that includes, only a 6 on 6 fight, some pve leading to the endfight with other 6 man. First bag roll dependant on your grps skill, chance to get at least sth out of a city if you are facing a very well set up wb.
STEP 2: 12 ppl (or even 24 and then step3 in sth bigger like with 2 wbs?) that would possibly have to be a rework of the warlords stage - like each 12er gets 1 of the destro and order warlords. Second Bag Roll
STEP 3: The big fight 24 ppl or more than one wb or... free for all participating in all cities? smash it out. Third bag roll.

So far city is a ...well.... mediocre experience because a) i´m crap and b) its just annoying farming.
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: Different City mechanic

Post#2 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:43 am

During one of the Q&As devs stated that using an existing piece of code and tuning it up to the needs of a new situation is always easier than inventing something completely new.

But I agree, something new is a great thing cause same stale mechanics over so many years... I find forts and orvr more interesting than doing 3 rounds of cities. The element of strategy and unpredictability is missing, only same old tactics - zerg as many flags as possible, next zerg warlords, next zerg champions and lord.

WoW lake Wintergrasp could be an example of what could be offered - attackers choose where they want to breach the wall, defenders try to counter attacking siege weapons or funnelling the breaches, attackers could try to breach walls in different places etc.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Kpi

Post#3 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:27 am

a 50% all stats debuff for 24 hours to all leavers can be a good add to the cities. Sometimes a hard city can be won in the last stage, but the leavers do it impossible
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#4 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:59 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:43 am WoW lake Wintergrasp could be an example of what could be offered - attackers choose where they want to breach the wall, defenders try to counter attacking siege weapons or funnelling the breaches, attackers could try to breach walls in different places etc.
Sounds much like old live fort siege
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Justina

Post#5 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:49 am

Kpi wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:27 am a 50% all stats debuff for 24 hours to all leavers can be a good add to the cities. Sometimes a hard city can be won in the last stage, but the leavers do it impossible
Punishing the losing side is never a good idea. When the enemy has a premade and you have fresh and random players then there is just no way to kill or win anything. It's not the players fault, it's the game designs fault. Why do they even match up 2/2/2 premades with complete random groups without tanks or healers? Guard is incredible overpowered and if you have no tanks you are screwed. Same with groups without healers. That's just not right. And some of the premades even abuse the system and queue in the last minutes to get an easy stomp pug group.

It would be better to have 12man or 18man instances instead when it is not possible to fill up 2/2/2.

That most of the games are either a complete stomp or being stomped is the reason people don't like cities. Why can't I solo queue for pug cities? Would be more fun. With 2/2/2 matchup ofc.

Stop listening to the try hard playerbase that want easy stomping and make it fun for all.

Kpi

Post#6 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:21 pm

Justina wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:49 am
Kpi wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:27 am a 50% all stats debuff for 24 hours to all leavers can be a good add to the cities. Sometimes a hard city can be won in the last stage, but the leavers do it impossible
Punishing the losing side is never a good idea. When the enemy has a premade and you have fresh and random players then there is just no way to kill or win anything. It's not the players fault, it's the game designs fault. Why do they even match up 2/2/2 premades with complete random groups without tanks or healers? Guard is incredible overpowered and if you have no tanks you are screwed. Same with groups without healers. That's just not right. And some of the premades even abuse the system and queue in the last minutes to get an easy stomp pug group.

It would be better to have 12man or 18man instances instead when it is not possible to fill up 2/2/2.

That most of the games are either a complete stomp or being stomped is the reason people don't like cities. Why can't I solo queue for pug cities? Would be more fun. With 2/2/2 matchup ofc.

Stop listening to the try hard playerbase that want easy stomping and make it fun for all.
I'm not talking about punish the losing side... I'm talking about punish the LEAVERS. When someone leaves, it hurts the whole side, even the players in other instances or not in city siege. For example, the stars affect the HA, if a city is degradated from 5 to 1 star, the talis/pots will be more expensive for ALL players of his side.

A leaver must be treated like a traitor for his side. He leaves in the more important moment of the campaign, the city siege.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Vholrat

Post#7 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:22 pm

i do not remember the topic but it was clearely stated that matchup like these will never happen due to hard coding and Low PoPuLAtIon!

Scrilian

Post#8 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:00 pm

Old sieges were better.
Spoiler:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Justina

Post#9 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Vholrat wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:22 pm

i do not remember the topic but it was clearely stated that matchup like these will never happen due to hard coding and Low PoPuLAtIon!
Wasn't that post in regards to normal scenarios? For normal scenarios the player pool is a lot lower and it's harder to get that 2/2/2 setups.

It's a doom loop, players getting stomped, less players queue.

I think time has changed over the last year. There are a lot more order tanks now and the last time I asked for city there was no problem at all to get healers.

A full 24 man premade of high rr80+ with perfect gear and discord is very hard to beat. Might be fun for those in there but very painful for anybody else. That's when you usually get a lot of quitters.

Why not make city queue 6 man only and mix those 6 man to 24 raids together? That would be more fair / fun for everybody.