Recent Topics

Ads

The Terrible Coin Crunch Idea

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Grious

The Terrible Coin Crunch Idea

Post#1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:39 pm

So this game has its fair share of issues, some are a result of poor implementation (ex: Pet Pathing) and some come naturally as this server progresses (ex: The Gear Wall). While the former can be fixed the latter is a trickier issue to address. Progress is somewhat even, through mid tier you go from being bolstered out of your mind to eventually getting into decent gear towards the end of Mid Tier and you feel like you're in a good spot to leave it and bam you are hit with the 'fresh 40' drop. Tanks melting like DPS, DPS hitting like Tanks. Overall not a fun experience, I know that some consider it a right of passage and that might hold some truth but I feel like this Drop in usefulness causes a lot of unneeded frustration and may even cause some newer players to abandon the toon and make a new one to enjoy that t1/mid tier fun or just quit all together.

Now what I am suggesting is not a hard fix for this problem but a change I would hope would help alleviate some of the pain new 40s go through. I've seen people suggest splitting SCs into gear ranges but as someone playing in the late evening / night of NA, I do not think we have the population to deal with that kind of split. I wanted to approach this in a way that would help new 40's while at the same time not trivialize the effort/work people have put in to get BiS/Endgame fun.

So what if we just took out Recruit/Scout/Soldier/Officer tiers of the current tokens and basically made it all encompassing 'early game' tier. There would still be a split between RvR/SC tokens of course but there would not be any t1-t4 form of token. The idea behind this would be allowing people to work directly (none of this 5 conversion stuff) towards having a large enough pool of tokens to easily slip into Anni/Merc and purchase their SC weapons once they hit 40. Or if you want to take it a level further also add a conversion from this token to the Conq/Dom level of token to give them a stepping stone into that tier of equipment.

I don't expect or fresh 40's to hold their own against full BiS/Endgame players but I would like to see a bit of a helping hand extended to them to help them continue progressing through RvR and gearing up or alternatively have enough gear to start venturing into PvE dungeons for better stuff.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: The Terrible Coin Crunch Idea

Post#2 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:12 pm

There is no desire to have unified currencies from the dev team. This topic has been suggested several times in the past.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Grious

Post#3 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:31 pm

Fair enough, thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity has there been any talk/discussion about changing something to help with that jarring drop that comes with when people first hit 40 or is that just something that is a product of the gear power creep

mubbl

Post#4 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:10 pm

You should try and get some pve gear. Some pieces are bis or provide good options till you get to the rr60+ (invader?) Stuff for some classes.