Recent Topics

Ads

QUALITY OF LIFE SUGGESTIONS

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
pvprangergod
Suspended

QUALITY OF LIFE SUGGESTIONS

Post#1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 am

POST QUALITY OF LIFE SUGGESTIONS!

e.g. things that improve game, make easier, more fun, less annoying, etc

Put renown trainer and career trainer in every warcamp.

Remove wounds debuff mechanic from forts.

Remove all PVE requirement for gear, make available through purchase with RVR or Scenario currencies.

Make sentinel jewels and ranked event slot items PERMANENT duration.

Add a 1 second grace period for black orc's plan change ability, that will help with using the best plan on parry tactic because it instantly skips to final plan and makes you unable to use things like punt or snare.

Add AOE detaunt back to Dok and WP because new one makes no sense.

Make 825 armor, 2.7k health pot, ranked potion, AP pots, absorb pots, all liniments, stat potions, etc, available EASILY through playing either RVR or Scenarios.

Add cow pie back to white bags.

POST YOURS ty

Ads
Kpi

Re: QUALITY OF LIFE SUGGESTIONS

Post#2 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:29 am

Of your list, I only want back the cow pies... :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Martok

Post#3 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:57 am

POST QUALITY OF LIFE SUGGESTIONS!

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 amPut renown trainer and career trainer in every warcamp.

Eh, this falls into the realm of ambivalence. If done ok if not that would be fine as well. Not that big a deal to go to the city to respec but that is just my opinion I could be wrong.

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 amRemove wounds debuff mechanic from forts.

Or just put a healer in the respawn points. Either way agreed.

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 amRemove all PVE requirement for gear, make available through purchase with RVR or Scenario currencies.

Disagree here. If grinding the PVE gear via PVE dungeons wasn't required there would be absolutely no need for PVE dungeons nor for any developer to work on them.

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 amMake sentinel jewels and ranked event slot items PERMANENT duration.

I agree the Sentinel jewel talismans don't last long enough. Running PVE content should be a requirement for such items but running PVE content shouldn't be a drudgery. The Weekend Warfront items are easy enough to get and doing so increases SC play, therefore I support leaving that alone.

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 amAdd a 1 second grace period for black orc's plan change ability, that will help with using the best plan on parry tactic because it instantly skips to final plan and makes you unable to use things like punt or snare.

You don't say...

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 amMake 825 armor, 2.7k health pot, ranked potion, AP pots, absorb pots, all liniments, stat potions, etc, available EASILY through playing either RVR or Scenarios.

My thought on this is: As opposed to tying these directly to RvR or Scenario play, just lighten up on the leveling process. Seriously, who truly wants to invest hours of game-play into nothing but cultivating crap attempting to eventually someday maybe get to level 200? Is this a PvP game or a Crafting game? Additionally, if the powers that be wish to reduce the amount of money being made off of selling simple liniments or an aversion potion, lighten the frak up on the leveling process so more people will invest the time. The more people making products, the lower the price will go and the more accessible the products will become.

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 amAdd cow pie back to white bags.

Never. Removing the cow pies was one of the best decisions ever made here.

My Suggestion:

Remove the 30 second respawn timer in SC's and set it for 5 seconds just as in RvR.

I understand the official reason given for the rotating 30 second timer, in that it is meant to have everyone respawning at the same time and therefore not going back into the conflict alone. My reasoning is, admit the players here have minds of their own and can think for themselves, set the timer at 5 seconds, and let us make that decision on our own.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Rydiak

Post#4 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:07 am

Interesting; never thought I would disagree with an entire QoL post. Well done, sir!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Martok

Post#5 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:10 am

Rydiak wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:07 amInteresting; never thought I would disagree with an entire QoL post. Well done, sir!

Yet, again, you have nothing original to contribute. At least you are helping prove my point made in the RC thread.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Rhinochild

Post#6 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:57 am

Put portals within each city that take you from the market square/apex to the trainers and to the gear vendors. We're not on a subscription. We don't need to spend time running through gates.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:22 am

You can still get cow pies from cows. Just need to go farm them.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wonshot

Post#8 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:03 am

Open RvR Quality of Life changes:

1) All ranged abilities can now deal damage to oil (outer oil lasting 1-5minuts is not providing any strategic advantage or fun)
It might speed up door ramming slightly, but at the same time kill some of the waiting and standing around boredom.

2) NPC healer added to both attack & defence for all stages of the fortress encounter (being unable but willing to fight is anti fun zerg promotion)
Even if the attackers are doing "Nascar" or not. The defenders are fighting in open field for the 5 BOs and with a numbers disadvantage, having this "zerg them and let them lick their wounds" strategy is promoting bad gameplay for attackers and limmits the action as a whole during stage2.

3) When ramming a keepdoor make it so chat setting are not resat to default (russian and system spam prevents tanks inside the ram to read any conversation in party/warband/say)

4) While entering the Ram first time you dont see the Minigame and have to leave it to see it (chance of loosing your ram spot, minor but annoying)

5) Remove the old outdated mechanic where keeplords can do a full 60sec stun if you somehow get aggro on 3rd floor. (this used to belong to the era of keeplords resetting and bugging out)

6) Make Objective-ticks scale with AAO (if you are outnumbered and got aao and do objective play such as capping a BO or building keep rank that should be rewarded while outnumbered)

7) Make T4 channel related to "Realm captains" assigned from guilds again for campaign coordination. (no reason to have T4 being yet an other General or Regional channel)

8) AAO scaling with Shard drop chance. (60% aao = 60% chance of dropping a 2nd shard from kills and up to 4 shards can drop at 400aao)

9) After a realm have lost their keep into a ruin but reclaimed the ruin, they can now again spawn an offensive ram at their WC to give them a wincondition should they gain zone momentum. (this was previously taken out, but it removes the point of trying to retake a keep Ruin as you dont have a wincondition so why would anyone be motivated to attack a keep where the enemy have morales from beating on the lord

10) If possible give a grafics setting that allows for Fastest Framerate but will still display only Snare puddles and no other annimations for largescale performance like forts, or primetime.
(being able to see snare puddles but not wanting to see all animations will help with manuvers compared to running Fastest framerate currently)

11)Enable or fix Warband assistant, right now assigning someone to be Main assist in the warband gives them that right to invite where as it should be assistant and not the target caller.

12) Fix the following commands they dont work:
/warbandguildonly
/warbandallianceonly

13) display an ingame notice to the player when a realmlockout timer is starting and when its over and you can swap realm, so you dont have to check at char-select

14) low level healing offhand with more than +4 Righteous fury / soul essence at merchants for DoK and WP in T1. No reason these healers in pure healspec should have a level-scaling regen while AP-healers are good to go from T1 and upwards.

15) Fix the levelingup in scenario that removes bolster and makes a lvl2 char have 600 hp etc. (currently ruining the leveling experience for new players and weekend rerollers)

16) Crossed sword battle markers in oRvR are more informative showing which realm won the battle and dont stay as long on the map to be more accurate about where the action is.
Last edited by wonshot on Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
heybaws

Post#9 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:18 am

Make more spots with 40+ lvl mobs for a reliable farm of materials. Black crag ch22 has been economical center of ror for too long. There is like 1 spot for armor and toughness pots for example..

sergteo

Post#10 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:30 am

Remove debolster in t1 PVE zones

RESTORE /chairseat EMOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by sergteo on Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.