Ads

WH : "WHERE DID THE PARRY GO"

Let's talk about... everything else
ZEDE

WH : "WHERE DID THE PARRY GO"

Post#1 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Hello,
(I'm back)
....10 months that I haven't opened my mouth....
that I did not raise a debate....
(and at the same time: wake up the haters and trolls of the forum).

After a lot of tests, fights, checks in the fight log, we can have a serious doubt about the "correct functioning" of 2 abilities concerning the WH...

- Lability and Hit: .....Repel Blasphemy..... ( Your chance to parry attacks is increased by 100% for the next 5 seconds ).Image

-Core ability M1: ....Confusing Movements..... ( You will be able to dodge and parry all attacks against you for 7 seconds ).Image

After use, (test in 1vs1 (- vs melee class)) We can see that a good number of blows "pass" and "provide damage", despite the bonus(es) granted!

We can't say if the ability works badly or if the feature is badly explained.(?)

Usually "all attacks" is pretty self-explanatory, as is "increase by 100%"....

1: Could we have some feedback from Wh about these abilities, please.

2: Could we have a more relevant and precise explanation of exactly how these abilities work.
(positioning required? / enemy armor penetration rate? / our armor penetration reduction rate? / opponent's crit rate / our crit reduction rate? / melee power? etc etc )

3: Could we know if a test from the dev's/programmers is possible to check if these abilities work correctly? .

Thanks in advance for your interest

Sincerely

Z

Ads
Waaghtastic

Re: WH : "WHERE DID THE PARRY GO"

Post#2 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:13 pm

Do not forget that you can't parry what you can't see, i.e., when someone attacks you from behind you will not be able to parry it.

My assumption is that in a chaotic 1v1 the enemy at some point was behind you in the fight.

PS: Don't assume that all you see is 100% correct, there is some delay and lagg and it could be that the server calculates the enemy behind you while on your screen he is not.

ZEDE

Post#3 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:57 pm

Interesting indeed the track of the pre lag.
I think there is a non-negligible percentage of this phenomenon, but not to this extent. (or else the system goes down the drain... and there is even more virtuality in the virtual, we could no longer trust what we see: Matrix *)

agemennon675

Post#4 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:17 pm

There are undefendable attacks in this game, such as Cleave and Rending blade from Chosen, WE/WH can make their attacks ''Back Attack'' for a certain period of time meaning those cannot be parried. Also if the skill only adds a flat %100 your opponents can reduce that with parry strikethrough although I am not sure if it works like that or not.

Edit Feinted Positioning might not work like I said.
Last edited by agemennon675 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Tesq

Post#5 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:13 pm

ah so wh/we atk are considerated from beeind instead have a flag for the positioning label? lame...

Omegus

Post#6 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:17 pm

Confusing Movements is implemented as +500% parry and +500% dodge. You can confirm this by using the morale ability and then doing .getstats to see what changed.

Parry still relies on attacks being from the front (I do not know the exact parry angle) and won't stop undefendable attacks.

It's always amusing to watch a MDPS use Confusing Movements and then run away with his back to the enemy, completely negating the bonus to parry chance it just got and dying from back-stabs.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Omegus

Post#7 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:20 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:17 pmWE/WH can make their attacks ''Back Attack'' for a certain period of time meaning those cannot be parried.
I thought the point of Feinted Positioning was that extra effects that require a specific direction work from all attack directions? For example, Torment would bypass all armour even if hitting from the front, Pistol Whip would knock-down if hitting from the front, Silence the Heretic would do damage if hitting from the front, etc. Are you saying that Feinted Positioning actually forces all attacks to count as being from behind which would them make them unparryable and unblockable as well?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

inoeth
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:38 pm

uff that would be actually really strong, need to test that :D

Ads
Fenris78

Post#9 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:01 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:17 pmWE/WH can make their attacks ''Back Attack'' for a certain period of time meaning those cannot be parried.
No, it only removes the conditional part of skills.
Feinted positioning doesnt ignore parry.

Yes, Parry is unreliable because of server lag and perceived position vs what position server think you are.

You can easily test the effect of parry increase against mobs, afaik parry is working great as soon you facetank properly the enemy, but you wont be able to prevent all hits when enemy is circling around you. ;)

ZEDE

Post#10 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:49 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:01 pm
No, it only removes the conditional part of skills.
Feinted positioning doesnt ignore parry.

Yes, Parry is unreliable because of server lag and perceived position vs what position server think you are.

You can easily test the effect of parry increase against mobs, afaik parry is working great as soon you facetank properly the enemy, but you wont be able to prevent all hits when enemy is circling around you. ;)
Thank you for this important reminder.
I actually backed off a lot...
which, for a wh is a height of irony.
this confirms (to see the other future comments) that these two "tools" are totally useless in the current playing conditions... (I mean, that with the book tactics, as on the official, we had a little more "parameters" in our favor)
Out of the context of 1vs1 (so 1vs2/3 etc) the Wh is cooked.
Even in the "guard/healer" context the Wh is often the first to die in wb