Recent Topics

Ads

Returning player, used to tanks trying magus

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
diedrake

Returning player, used to tanks trying magus

Post#1 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:43 pm

Hey guys, returning after a couple years of break. Been messing around this last week on classes I wish to focus on. Decided the magus to go outside my comfort zone.

My question is gearing when I finally hit 40, is the magus full sov for bis for certain builds? Or is it a mix depending on the build of the magus?

I know I could play a sorc,chop, or mara and pump more damage but still always wanted a magus in my line up.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
Lisutaris

Re: Returning player, used to tanks trying magus

Post#2 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:36 pm

Sov/warlord is usally highest tier (equip wise because of itemlvl and boni).

Going full sov/warlord or mixing with some higher item lvl sets, like triumphant/bloodlord/hv/sentinel(jewelry), usually can't go wrong. Depends on your spec.
Usually mixing/combining sets is more effective than going full sov or warlord. (in terms of stats)
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Zxul

Post#3 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:42 pm

It depends on build.

Offensive glass cannon one, you have plenty of options, as per post above.

Defensive toughness magus, is where equipment becomes more of a challenge- highest set with toughness bonus is invader, however the toughness bonuses on parts are pretty non existent, nullifying it. So realistically mix with 2 annih and some pve sets, and possibly some sov parts with good toughness bonuses on parts, is your best option, even at 80.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

HammerGuy

Post#4 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:48 am

7 primary sov and 2 triumphant is really nice. It's perfect for ST havoc spec. I'm sitting at 30% crit before any buffs, liniments, or soulstone talismans, 45% on havoc spells (which are most of your damage anyway), and a 10% chance to boost my crit rate by a further 9% and crit damage by 15%.

With the right rotation you'll be at about 90% of a sorc's burst but 300% more survivable.

diedrake

Post#5 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:03 am

Thank you guys for the helpful tips ☺️
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x