Recent Topics

Ads

Works Reworks!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
IVendettaI

Works Reworks!

Post#1 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:01 am

To begin with, PvE zones should become more attractive to everyone, and offer resources for jobs. For example, caves would be areas for various minerals or stones, even mushrooms or other ingredients. We could for example harvest the wood from the trees, but also harvest the fruits (some trees have modeled fruits and I think it would be a real added value to give them a use). There are a lot of fields in the game that would leave the possibility of harvesting grain. Rivers for fishing. In short, to ensure that most of the modeled corners of the game are exploitable (even the houses, why not)

All this would of course have a level depending on the zones, and therefore would be useful for crafting according to professions and could even be used for several professions, for example:

An apple could serve as both cooking and alchemy

There could therefore be new professions, such as:

Cooking; Smithing; Foresting; Farming ...

To keep it interesting, all areas of the game would potentially have one or more farming areas with PvP enabled. These would be level 40 areas where resources would be more abundant but with the risk of having your farm stolen.

As for the professions that already exist, there could be mergers such as farming and cultivating (the name cultivating is pretty cool and could stay as such, it's up to you, I don't really have an opinion on that) . Scavenging could have PvP utility and be used for more complex crafts for all professions. Smithing could justify the arrival of new equipment/improvements and therefore directly influence them. Foresting could be used to collect resources for the creation / improvement of weapons (creation of handles for example) and potentially the creation of siege weapons and more.

professions are not really highlighted in the game, they are useful but very little exploited, just like the areas of the game. It could allow people to move around them more, to explore more while ensuring that it be useful. It could eventually create more interaction with the game environment, with potential addition of other things such as random events (who knows)

When I started writing this suggestion I was all for the player being able to do all jobs, but in reality I think that would be a bad idea and not having them all would allow more interactions with players. People should be able to have more jobs, but they can't necessarily have them all. But on the other hand I tell myself that having them all does not necessarily mean that you will be profitable, a lot of versatility but little profit in all trades... So in itself, it's not a joke either to have them all, people will prefer to specialize in any case so I have mixed feelings

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Re: Works Reworks!

Post#2 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:36 am

no plz do not make this another New World, fkn farming simulator. this is a pvp game

Jagosa

Post#3 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:32 pm

I believe all of this can be found on World of Warcraft more or less.

IVendettaI

Post#4 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:34 pm

inoeth wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:36 am no plz do not make this another New World, fkn farming simulator. this is a pvp game
" this is a pvp game " j'ai envie de te répondre en français tellement tu m'as saoulé mais j'suis sympa j'vais te répondre en anglais

Yes it's a PvP game, but you need to do some PvE contents to be good at PvP when you aren't RR80. So PvE, jobs, it's the game too mate. Don't be narrow minded because you only like PvP

And I don't play to World of Warcraft, but... You know... This game called himself a "wow killer". Now, who is the killer of whom?

If things are done well, it would not be an obligation to do jobs to succeed in the game. People could have all professions by default and each action would bring experience. AND potentially money

inoeth
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:04 pm

then go play wow

warlover

Post#6 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:09 pm

Nothing wrong with it, sometimes you just have to get away from the Stupid endless Zerg, and do something else!

diedrake

Post#7 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:22 pm

That is a lot of programming involved. Time and effort that i don't think the volunteer devs are willing to invest. WAR never really had a strong crafting system to begin with, and what the OP is suggesting is making crafting system like a modern type mmo, which I don't think would help.

Really, I would love to see WAR be taken to official game company and release as a new mmo, thinking New world graphics, maybe crafting system like glorius victus, and pve like lotro or elderscrolls. But one can dream.

Great idea really, but i don't think at this point it is possible.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

IVendettaI

Post#8 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:18 pm

inoeth wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:04 pm then go play wow
Yes, ok, pay me

Ads
IVendettaI

Post#9 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:20 pm

diedrake wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:22 pm That is a lot of programming involved. Time and effort that i don't think the volunteer devs are willing to invest. WAR never really had a strong crafting system to begin with, and what the OP is suggesting is making crafting system like a modern type mmo, which I don't think would help.

Really, I would love to see WAR be taken to official game company and release as a new mmo, thinking New world graphics, maybe crafting system like glorius victus, and pve like lotro or elderscrolls. But one can dream.

Great idea really, but i don't think at this point it is possible.
Yeah I think it's not possible too but, it's a suggestion. I think it's a good add for the game

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:58 pm

We are 1 month without a patch. Better you accept changes wont come or go play other game.