Recent Topics

Ads

New Ability Patch : Low Level Experience is pretty bad

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Unionofchaos

Re: New Ability Patch : Low Level Experience is pretty bad

Post#11 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:57 am

grim78 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:55 am Just started a new character (introduced the game to a player) to play with my friend, and had a blast fighter the new champions with actual abilities. We duoed normal PQ without difficulty (albeit 1-2 levels lower than us), but I thought the Champions had a tad too many hit points, but then again, normal PQ is not meant for two (healer and two-hander tank).

Overall, I had a very pleasant experience from lvl 5-11 (levels after ability patch)
Yeah you played on a broken system for PVE mobs were dummies, now they working as intended. Nothing wrong whit it as i said myabe some abilites are overtuned but that all.

Ads
Caleb

Post#12 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:59 am

Unionofchaos wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:56 am 1 Tank and a WP cant duo a Hero now... You think it is not normal? Really a hero is intended to be killed by more than 2 players even at same lvl you have 0 dmg output as a tank and you have 0 dps in your setup. So i dont find any problem about your misadventure whit this hero...
Then please explain how a brand new player is going to find a group of 3-4 players for Tier 1 Public Quests, when it's already almost impossible to find groups for Lairs?

...and it's only the first few Public Quests that have meaningless rewards. What if someone wants to do PvE further, where the game is EVEN MORE DEAD?

This is a matter of adjusted PvE Experienced to the current playerbase. Not a matter of purist experience compared to Live.

Unionofchaos

Post#13 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:14 pm

Caleb wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:59 am
Unionofchaos wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:56 am 1 Tank and a WP cant duo a Hero now... You think it is not normal? Really a hero is intended to be killed by more than 2 players even at same lvl you have 0 dmg output as a tank and you have 0 dps in your setup. So i dont find any problem about your misadventure whit this hero...
Then please explain how a brand new player is going to find a group of 3-4 players for Tier 1 Public Quests, when it's already almost impossible to find groups for Lairs?

...and it's only the first few Public Quests that have meaningless rewards. What if someone wants to do PvE further, where the game is EVEN MORE DEAD?

This is a matter of adjusted PvE Experienced to the current playerbase. Not a matter of purist experience compared to Live.
Because 99% of players focusing PvP and scenario and not looking at doing PVE. You begin to do PVE at Lvl 15 for sacellum donjon then 30+ for Gunbad etc etc cause those gears are needed to get more survavility on RvR T2 T4. Beside this nobody care to do PQ.

Caleb

Post#14 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:18 pm

Unionofchaos wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:14 pm Because 99% of players focusing PvP and scenario and not looking at doing PVE. You begin to do PVE at Lvl 15 for sacellum donjon then 30+ for Gunbad etc etc cause those gears are needed to get more survavility on RvR T2 T4. Beside this nobody care to do PQ.
So YOU don't care - why on earth are you commenting on these posts when self-admitedly you don't care, and you just sabotage any effort of people who DO care?

Many people CARE about PvE and Public Quests and people do them - you'd actually see it if you played PvE in Tier 1 - this activity now is basically done in the server's current state, since there's not enough low level players to support the required players to complete content.

And if new players join and all they see is that they can't play alone and only PvP is functional - whether later on they would only focus on PvP or not, they will never get there because the start experience will be so jarring they quit.

It's a snowball effect, the more PvE is neglected the more it will be abandoned and the more this becomes an even bigger problem. You might not care, but according to recent Developer Blogs - the Development Team does care, and so feedback like this is extremely important if they continue to tune PvE.

Regardless of all of this, content should still be scaled to the population of the server and not the population Mythic designed the game for which is 1000x more than what RoR will ever be.

stringzsRaven

Post#15 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:35 pm

I love the new abilities on mobs now, fighting in PVE seems to be way more engaging, but i have to agree with Caleb too.

PVE (even more T1) is mostly a solo experience being the number of players rather low, and not being able to kill an hero or completing a PQ even when several levels above, might make some content essentially dead.

grim78

Post#16 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:07 pm

Unionofchaos wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:57 am
grim78 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:55 am Just started a new character (introduced the game to a player) to play with my friend, and had a blast fighter the new champions with actual abilities. We duoed normal PQ without difficulty (albeit 1-2 levels lower than us), but I thought the Champions had a tad too many hit points, but then again, normal PQ is not meant for two (healer and two-hander tank).

Overall, I had a very pleasant experience from lvl 5-11 (levels after ability patch)
Yeah you played on a broken system for PVE mobs were dummies, now they working as intended. Nothing wrong whit it as i said myabe some abilites are overtuned but that all.
No we didn't. You assume too much. Do better.

francomes

Post#17 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:08 pm

Agreed. Mobs from 1-15 need to be tuned down.

It's funny how out of reality some of the comments are.

There are times of day when you can't even find pvp on t1 and this guy expect you to form a group to farm a lvl 5 pq

Lack of empathy I guess. Either they dont need to lvl new toons anymore or they are lucky enough to play on EU prime (even there is gonna be hard lol)

Sulorie

Post#18 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:49 pm

Unionofchaos wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:15 am Man it was like that on vanilla, maybe some abilities are overtuned but RoR never focused on PVE things or a little.Keep in mind you played all the way against dummies mobs before the patch....
The expected player numbers are shown next to the PQ icon afaik.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Caleb

Post#19 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:53 am

I also noticed monsters even on level 1-5 are now around 5x tougher, not just using abilities but their health values too.

Not that this is TOO big of an issue, but the leveling experience is defnitely excruciating compared to before and normal monsters are as tough as a champion was before.

The new system as much as I love it, as it is implemented currently, is pain enough that it encourages I think to just abandon questing and do Scenario or RvR leveling instead, which I am not a fan of personally but it depends on the goal of development - it is definitely barring content currently.

Vaul

Post#20 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:27 am

Caleb wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:53 am I also noticed monsters even on level 1-5 are now around 5x tougher, not just using abilities but their health values too.

Not that this is TOO big of an issue, but the leveling experience is defnitely excruciating compared to before and normal monsters are as tough as a champion was before.

The new system as much as I love it, as it is implemented currently, is pain enough that it encourages I think to just abandon questing and do Scenario or RvR leveling instead, which I am not a fan of personally but it depends on the goal of development - it is definitely barring content currently.
I agree with all you have said. Playing on a few alts I am struggling to even kill 2-3 same level mobs in a row before getting v.low health and needing to rest up. This is on tank with appropriate green gear from vendors.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)