Recent Topics

Ads

Linis - The change we need

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
MedV

Linis - The change we need

Post#1 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:19 pm

Liniments are some of the best and most expensive ways to enhance your character. While normal potions last 1 hour, Liniments last 30 minutes. This is due to the powerful effects of some Linis.

However, I believe 30 minutes is too short. By the time you use them, get into a fight, roam around etc. - there is barely any time left and you become anxious about having to repot and not forget. Though I think they need a time increase, I do not think they should just be made 1 hour without a draw back.

Proposal -
Give players the ability to combine 3 Linis using a NEW crafting material to make 1 Lini that lasts 1 hour.

The crafting material and the 1-hour Liniment are non-tradeable The NEW Crafting Material can be purchased using 2 forms of currency.

1) New currency - Token of Courage: Obtained through kills in RVR, however, only when your side has AAO and dropped only by level 40s.
2) Normal War Crests: However, purchasing rates would be very high.

This will accomplish 3 different things.
1) Reward players on the Outnumbered side
2) Give High level players something to do with their War Crests
3) Make it so Linis are 1 hour, and you don't have to worry about rebuffing constantly (while not buffing the Lini)
The King.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Linis - The change we need

Post#2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:26 pm

30 mins is a bit short I agree. I'd be up for increasing linis to 45min and potions 1 hour 30 respectively. But I think 1 hour lini and 2 hour pots is a bit too far.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

MedV

Post#3 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:26 pm 30 mins is a bit short I agree. I'd be up for increasing linis to 45min and potions 1 hour 30 respectively. But I think 1 hour lini and 2 hour pots is a bit too far.
You have some good points ! However, I never mention any 2 hour pots.

As for the 1 hour Linis - The exchange rate of war crests and the drop rate of the new currency should be calculated to make this a rare-ish potion. Can be used in organized WBs, Cities, LOTD - Saved for times you do not want to run out of your potion.
The King.

Wdova

Post#4 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:26 pm

I agree that linis could be up for 1hr as other pots and 1hr buffs. Question is how to implement this. If wouldnt be easier implement to drink 2 at once and make theyr timer stackable insted of changing crafting formulas.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

bw10

Post#5 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:32 pm

if you want for linis to last for an hour suggest change of buff duration. inventing new currency, new crafting material is just pointless busywork/bloat. sometimes less is more

Alubert

Post#6 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:18 pm

New craft = better.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Fenris78

Post#7 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:37 pm

Liniments for 60 minutes are crafted on some events, like the Pie Event one some months ago.

I think it's enough to maintain both interest on those events and stock for really motivated players to farm ingredients.

If I can suggest something, probably to increase drop rate of blue seeds on Dungeons, and make them drop for all dungeons (Gunbad, BS and City ones).
Or make seeds produce 10 crafting ingredients instead of 5, to make up for halved duration compared to normal potions.

Scottx125

Post#8 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:25 pm

MedV wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:26 pm 30 mins is a bit short I agree. I'd be up for increasing linis to 45min and potions 1 hour 30 respectively. But I think 1 hour lini and 2 hour pots is a bit too far.

As for the 1 hour Linis - The exchange rate of war crests and the drop rate of the new currency should be calculated to make this a rare-ish potion. Can be used in organized WBs, Cities, LOTD - Saved for times you do not want to run out of your potion.
No you didn't, but if you increase liniments, you must increase the duration of potions. If potions and liniments are 1h each you make liniments more valuable and make potions less valuable. The value proposition needs to remain the same imo. So if you increase the duration of liniments potions must also increase.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
MedV

Post#9 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:30 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:25 pm
MedV wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 pm

No you didn't, but if you increase liniments, you must increase the duration of potions. If potions and liniments are 1h each you make liniments more valuable and make potions less valuable. The value proposition needs to remain the same imo. So if you increase the duration of liniments potions must also increase.
Well the whole point of my post was to say I do not want to just change the Linis to 1 hour. I want you to have to use 3 linis to make 1 (hour long) lini along with a purchased crafting mat. So This 1 hour lini is the price of 3 linis and the time to obtain the crafting mat. They shouldnt be this super abundant potion to use each time.
The King.

vanbuinen77

Post#10 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:40 pm

Its easy, make liniments last an hour as qol change
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman